Your Favorite Cop Comedy

MoJames

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Last night I watched Super Troopers for the first time. It was hilarious.

Also Lethal Weapon is not a comedy. It’s an action flick.

Love Lethal Weapon, think there is some funny as shit stuff in it but agree with this sentiment.  I guess you could argue that about BHC too, I mean after all the movie starts with a hit and the final scenes involve Axel, Billy and Taggert storming a house defended by guys with Uzis, BUT the lead star is Eddie Murphy, in the 80s, at the height of his comedic genius and that in and of itself gives you an idea of the intent (much less all the ways he gets shit done)

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Sumbitch ........ is so.  Lots of cops, or in the parlance of the heady days of CB radios ... ssssssmokies.....  

Nope. I wouldn't call what Sheriff Buford T. Justice was doing "police work". He was seeking personal retribution for his aggy son being left at the alter. 

On 8/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, Deej said:

Nope. I wouldn't call what Sheriff Buford T. Justice was doing "police work". He was seeking personal retribution for his aggy son being left at the alter. 

We quibble over semantics. The whole movie is about evading cops though... right ?  That, and getting to see the flying nuns great legs.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

The Guard is a great call. That movie is fucking hilarious.

“Now I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: these men are armed and dangerous, and you being an FBI agent you're more used to shooting at unarmed women and children...

“Oh fuck you Sergeant!”

23 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I humbly nominate Let's Be Cops as an underrated, more modern cop comedy. 

I stumbled on Let's Be Cops while stuck in a Missouri Motel 6 waiting on a tire shop to open. That movie saved the fucking day. A stoned and horny Natasha Leggero didn't hurt. As you said, underrated.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, ScottS said:

Junior high me thought Sledge Hammer! with David Rasche and Anne-Marie Martin was some of the funniest television available.  I am sure that if I watched an episode today I would realize just how stupid junior high me was.

Loved me some Sledge Hammer. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.