Origins of the Global Pandemic

Nicole44

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

So, who wants to stop buying Chinese sourced goods first?

What do you suggest we do to show our collective displeasure and how do you propose we deal with the inevitable retaliation?

There really isn't a vehicle, other than a trade war, or trade boycott, to punish China.

Reparations were part of peace treaties that the defeated nations were essentially coerced into signing.  That ain't happening with China.

It might have come from the wet market or it might have leaked from the lab. Smart people who have no reason to make stuff up seem to say it wasn’t manufactured, so I’m inclined to believe them.

We could use a bipartisan investigation into the origins and international alignment on the appropriate response and more importantly, a plan to stop future pandemics.

We’ll get the My Pillow Guy hosting Jim Jordan at the Plandemic Cyber Symposium for a 144-hour lecture on miasmata and essential oils. That’s probably what we deserve.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mole said:

It might have come from the wet market or it might have leaked from the lab. Smart people who have no reason to make stuff up seem to say it wasn’t manufactured, so I’m inclined to believe them.

We could use a bipartisan investigation into the origins and international alignment on the appropriate response and more importantly, a plan to stop future pandemics.

We’ll get the My Pillow Guy hosting Jim Jordan at the Plandemic Cyber Symposium for a 144-hour lecture on miasmata and essential oils. That’s probably what we deserve.

I've never thought it was manufactured, and still thought it definitely could have come from a lab studying corona virus in bats. A little sloppy protocol could easily have allowed it to slip out.

The wet markets are just an inhuman way to treat animals.  

An alleged world power, and the last 2-3 major viruses have all started in China.

• Hook 'Em 1

How about we just take fucking baby steps.

Stop funding dangerous research with tax payer dollars without appropriate oversight and transparency. 

I realize that this is too much for some of you to grasp through your political brain damage, but this is very low hanging fruit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

51 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I've never thought it was manufactured, and still thought it definitely could have come from a lab studying corona virus in bats. A little sloppy protocol could easily have allowed it to slip out.

The wet markets are just an inhuman way to treat animals.  

An alleged world power, and the last 2-3 major viruses have all started in China.

Common sense is exceedingly rare in this discussion. 

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The whole reason I brought this up is under (He shouldn’t be named) called it the China flu. It is political. It came from China and the closing of all of our borders should have happened. Period. No flights to Europe or India (racist) or letting immigrants come over here. None. We are dealing with amazingly catastrophic shit and 30% or more of Americans don’t see it that way. I do care where this shit came from. I honestly believe that those who don’t care want that kind of government here—go please move to China. With what is left of my money I will send ya a one way ticket. Let me put it to you this way, If the US created this virus under Trump, you wouldn’t care how or where it started? Fucking bullshit. 

Flights from China, Europe and India are fuck all in the grand scheme of things compared to dumbass anti-vaxxers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Flights from China, Europe and India are fuck all in the grand scheme of things compared to dumbass anti-vaxxers. 

Agree 100%. From a readiness standpoint, the willingly-unvaccinated pose a national security threat if there is to be war with China. 

Taiwan and its domination of the chip market looks to be the flashpoint that starts it all  - if it starts at all. Let's hope it doesn't, because if wargames are any measure, the scenario ends with mutually assured destruction. 

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Could have locked down the borders sooner to actually have any positive impact from the move. However, your point is absolutely spot on in that our own anti-vax (and anti-mask) population is responsible for the current pandemic state in the country. People need to STFU, get vaxxed, keep wearing a mask when you go out, and avoid big gatherings and social distance whenever possible. The fact that the aforementioned will continue to be ignored will result in greater morbidity and mortality. In the words of Arnold, "Screw your freedom. With freedom comes obligation."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Agree 100%. From a readiness standpoint, the willingly-unvaccinated pose a national security threat if there is to be war with China. 

Taiwan and its domination of the chip market looks to be the flashpoint that starts it all  - if it starts at all. Let's hope it doesn't, because if wargames are any measure, the scenario ends with mutually assured destruction. 

If China could have taken over Taiwan by now, it would have. The waters of the South China Sea make that difficult in addition to the fact that China needs a significant military presence on the mainland (otherwise it's an automatic revolt by the population) and the fact that Taiwan is decently armed and will be supported by the West (even if it is just for the silicon chips). Speaking of silicon chips, the Biden administration did ask Intel to start up a domestic manufacturing plant and one is supposed to be up, running, and fully functional in Arizona by 2025.

I wonder if the jump off will end up having to do with treatment of Western businesses and individuals in Hong Kong - basically a financial motivation which will lead to military conflict with China. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How about we just take fucking baby steps.

Stop funding dangerous research with tax payer dollars without appropriate oversight and transparency. 

I realize that this is too much for some of you to grasp through your political brain damage, but this is very low hanging fruit. 

There are collaborations between labs all the time. I would say 1/8th of the researchers I have worked with are Russian and maybe 1/3rd are Chinese. Students are sent to the US for training and some return to their home country later. Usually they are working on similar projects to the ones they began in the US. This leads to collaborations between the US lab and the new lab. These new labs may or may not fully disclose the overarching scope of their work. They are usually limited to little projects like studying the binding site of a virus.

23 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

If China could have taken over Taiwan by now, it would have. The waters of the South China Sea make that difficult in addition to the fact that China needs a significant military presence on the mainland (otherwise it's an automatic revolt by the population) and the fact that Taiwan is decently armed and will be supported by the West (even if it is just for the silicon chips). Speaking of silicon chips, the Biden administration did ask Intel to start up a domestic manufacturing plant and one is supposed to be up, running, and fully functional in Arizona by 2025.

I wonder if the jump off will end up having to do with treatment of Western businesses and individuals in Hong Kong - basically a financial motivation which will lead to military conflict with China. 

Taiwan is well defended. The Eastern side of the Island is fierce naturally. Goodness knows what surprises they would have waiting for the Reds. Amazing Island at the frontline of an unthinkable war. Those manufacturing facilities are fragile. We need to diversify or go back to chips the thickness of a human hair (the horror, I know). Build the facilities now - here. And invite the Taiwanese to run them - if they are run over. 

All of it gets ugly quickly - in that region. We need to find cooler heads. Right now we are playing a game of chicken - which is not ideal to say the least. 

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There are collaborations between labs all the time. I would say 1/8th of the researchers I have worked with are Russian and maybe 1/3rd are Chinese. Students are sent to the US for training and some return to their home country later. Usually they are working on similar projects to the ones they began in the US. This leads to collaborations between the US lab and the new lab. These new labs may or may not fully disclose the overarching scope of their work. They are usually limited to little projects like studying the binding site of a virus.

We funded them sending people down the yunnan cave to take bat feces samples. That’s the most likely crossover event for sars cov 2. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

But orange man bad!

Chinese lab shit the bed. Who could have seen that coming. They covered it up. Who could have seen that coming. We funded the work. We failed to practice even minimal oversight. The results have been that a bunch of scientists made fools out of themselves in attempt to save their golden goose. Bottom line just stop sending money to China to conduct dangerous research in substandard labs with no oversight and transparency. 

Don’t blame America for China’s fuck up and incompetence. That’s just dumb. Do you really think American dollars made the difference? Come on. They would have done it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We funded them sending people down the yunnan cave to take bat feces samples. That’s the most likely crossover event for sars cov 2. 

So it was all based on the American funding. Else it doesn’t happen. Because China is flat broke. Am I right?

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That's like funding WKU grad students to look for shit in Mammoth Caves. It shouldn't have been done, but it isn't like it requires much money. Another way to look at it is that by funding some of the research, it allowed US researchers to keep tabs on China.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Homercles said:

Anxiously awaiting fatty to come in here from the vaccine thread. 

Got here as fast as I could. 

I don’t care so much about blame, not like we’d eye for eye them even if it was malicious.  I just believe it’s easier to solve complex issues if all the facts are known.  And we’ve obviously got quite the complex problem on our hands.