Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

29 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Are you watching the same fucking game the rest of us are? 

I've watched all of the games. The issues, which are many, are divided across the players and coaches. It isn't solely a coaching problem and it isn't solely a player issue. Losing 2nd half leads is lack of player and coaching leadership, bad coaching, plus inexperience / youth on player side. The players need time to understand what the staff wants and execute those plays in clutch situations. That usually doesn't happen in year one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

I've watched all of the games. The issues, which are many, are divided across the players and coaches. It isn't solely a coaching problem and it isn't solely a player issue. Losing 2nd half leads is lack of player and coaching leadership, bad coaching, plus inexperience / youth on player side. The players need time to understand what the staff wants and execute those plays in clutch situations. That usually doesn't happen in year one.

So if Baylor wins 2 games with shitters in year 1 do we expect to win out in year 2 if they are 1 loss headed to Arlington? Asking for a friend. 

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

its 90% a coaching problem, particularly at halftime.

When you look the same every week it’s on the coaches. Let’s say we blew the game to ou but then improved the next game and won and improved the next game and won. That shows our coach knows how to get his team to improve game to game and not keep doing the same shit. If I wanted to watch Charlie strong I would have said let’s just keep him around. We got sark to come in and coach and develop our guys week to week. The entire notion we have 1 star dumb dumbs is so fucking stupid and a lazy take. Baylor has 2-3 starts that have been developed by aranda. Rhule didn’t leave him a roster stacked with 5 stars. 

Fucking coach these guys above their talent level not beneath it.

I also love how “we need better players” posters don’t see that we get leads after 3 qtrs with all these shitty players but when we choke because sark turtles and can’t make adjustments it’s we have shitty players! So shitty they got leads against ou, osu and Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, dcar00 said:

the question, if we had a media person worth a shit, is "why are you rolling the dice in a 3 point game on 4th and 11 with 9 minutes left, coach?"

Exactly! It wasn't time to run a fake punt when you could possibly pin them deep. The defense wasn't great but Baylor wasn't exactly blowing them out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Exactly! It wasn't time to run a fake punt when you could possibly pin them deep. The defense wasn't great but Baylor wasn't exactly blowing them out. 

Yeah, not to mention it was poorly run from the snap.

Felt more like our guys didn’t have a firm grasp on exactly what was supposed to happen.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

its 90% a coaching problem, particularly at halftime.

It may very well be. Sarks record as a HC prior to his hire at Texas was anything but special.

That said, did Sarks or the staff drop those passes today? The players have to make the plays. If they can't - you need either more time to get them physically and mentally prepared (we are in year 1) or you need new players. If after 3 seasons, improvement and or results are lacking - get rid of your staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Herman needed to go, but if anything Sark is a downgrade. In Sark's first season he already managed to blow a larger lead than Herman ever did. He managed to lose by a larger margin than Herman ever did. He also went on a three game losing streak (Texas was up by double digits in all those losses making it even worse) which is something Herman never did. Sark has gone on three game losing streaks in five of his eight years as a HC, that's complete and total trash. I'm sick and tired of seeing Sark apologists throw around the perceived "lack of talent"  excuse and that is what it is.....an excuse and nothing more. Three of Texas' last four recruitment classes have been ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Three of those four classes were #1 in the Big 12, the worst was #2 in the conference. Did TCU have superior talent? They butt fucked Texas the last decade and it had nothing to do with talent.

BMD influence is the main problem with this program. BMD meddling and influence leading to shitty hires, BMD influence is also the reason Mack outstayed his welcome. Urban Meyer chose one of the shittiest NFL franchises over Texas for this very reason. That tells you all you need to know when one of the most successful modern day coaches didn't want anything to do with this football program.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

59 minutes ago, immamac said:

Those turds won more fucking games than this every season. Shut the fuck up. This team is dogshit and it’s coaching.

anyone blaming the players is stupid as fuck and doesn’t know jack shit about football. The offensive line is not playing well enough to have the best running back in the country by far to have the ball fed to him. That’s how bad this team is. You can’t give Bijan the ball 35 times because that isn’t even 100 yards. He couldn’t get anything going. It was a major issue, couple that with the defense not being able to tackle to save their lives on first contact and poof you have the reason why this game was lost. 

it’s not fucking rocket science. This team can’t block and tackle. If you can’t block and tackle it doesn’t make a shit how good you can run throw or catch. 

It was pretty unanimous amongst the fanbase that this was an A+ staff. What they just forgot how to coach all of a sudden? It’s the fuckin players bro. Josh Moore & Marcus Washington dropping easy catches is not coaching. Our OLine getting ass blasted every play is not coaching. These players are ass and underdeveloped by the previous coaching staff. We need players bro

Get Devon Campbell, flip Kelvin Banks, beg Stewart & Harris to come, and rape the portal. That’s our best option right now

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

Herman needed to go, but if anything Sark is a downgrade. In Sark's first season he already managed to blow a larger lead than Herman ever did. He managed to lose by a larger margin than Herman ever did. He also went on a three game losing streak (Texas was up by double digits in all those losses making it even worse) which is something Herman never did. Sark has gone on three game losing streaks in five of his eight years as a HC, that's complete and total trash. I'm sick and tired of seeing Sark apologists throw around the perceived "lack of talent"  excuse and that is what it is.....an excuse and nothing more. Three of Texas' last four recruitment classes have been ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Three of those four classes were #1 in the Big 12, the worst was #2 in the conference. Did TCU have superior talent? They butt fucked Texas the last decade and it had nothing to do with talent.

BMD influence is the main problem with this program. BMD meddling and influence leading to shitty hires, BMD influence is also the reason Mack outstayed his welcome. Urban Meyer chose one of the shittiest NFL franchises over Texas for this very reason. That tells you all you need to know when one of the most successful modern day coaches didn't want anything to do with this football program.

Sark didn’t lose to fuckin Maryland bro. Anyone that thinks this is a downgrade based on arbitrary things like point differential is foolish.

It’s a combination of coaching + shitty players. The few years Sark spent at Alabama blinded him to the possibility that players at a big time football school can be this shitty. He doesn’t know how to adjust his coaching to fix it.

Its like telling a parent their kid smells like shit because they don’t know how to wipe their ass. Some kids needs to be shown how to wipe their ass to get it right, and some kids just know. Nothing wrong with teaching em how to wipe if it gets the shit stink out of the building. And Sark doesn’t know how to teach shitty players how to wipe their asses.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chad said:

I agree he's certainly worse than herman right now.  If we were staying in the Big 12 he could be Herman 8-9 wins a year but he's gonna get chewed up and fired in year 4 in the SEC.

Its not really the BMD's. every school has BMD's that meddle.  I'm gonna give a pass on Urban.  Its pretty clear now why he didn't want to coach at Texas unless he was walled off from ANY prying eyes like he was at FLA and Columbus.  in the NFL he could always head to his bar/ho in Columbus any time he wanted.

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

When you look the same every week it’s on the coaches. Let’s say we blew the game to ou but then improved the next game and won and improved the next game and won. That shows our coach knows how to get his team to improve game to game and not keep doing the same shit. If I wanted to watch Charlie strong I would have said let’s just keep him around. We got sark to come in and coach and develop our guys week to week. The entire notion we have 1 star dumb dumbs is so fucking stupid and a lazy take. Baylor has 2-3 starts that have been developed by aranda. Rhule didn’t leave him a roster stacked with 5 stars. 

Fucking coach these guys above their talent level not beneath it.

I also love how “we need better players” posters don’t see that we get leads after 3 qtrs with all these shitty players but when we choke because sark turtles and can’t make adjustments it’s we have shitty players! So shitty they got leads against ou, osu and Baylor.

How is he turtling? 

I will just say this. This roster lacks talent and has major holes. The coaches have also made plenty of mistakes. My biggest issue is the team is 4-4 after 8 weeks and I believe only 2 starters have been benched. I get it there at depth issues, but there are players showing a lack of effort every week. I would rather see a freshmen run around and make mistakes, than watch upperclassmen loafing. That to me is the biggest error Sark has made 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It was pretty unanimous amongst the fanbase that this was an A+ staff. What they just forgot how to coach all of a sudden? It’s the fuckin players bro. Josh Moore & Marcus Washington dropping easy catches is not coaching. Our OLine getting ass blasted every play is not coaching. These players are ass and underdeveloped by the previous coaching staff. We need players bro

Get Devon Campbell, flip Kelvin Banks, beg Stewart & Harris to come, and rape the portal. That’s our best option right now

yes we have to recruit and bust open the portal because our coaching sucks.   Herman had these guys winning 9 games last year.

10 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

What fan base was unanimous on this staff lol?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I will just say this. This roster lacks talent and has major holes. The coaches have also made plenty of mistakes. My biggest issue is the team is 4-4 after 8 weeks and I believe only 2 starters have been benched. I get it there at depth issues, but there are players showing a lack of effort every week. I would rather see a freshmen run around and make mistakes, than watch upperclassmen loathing. That to me is the biggest error Sark has made 

After this week we better see some new faces at WR. We must have recruited at least a few other than Worthy last year, right?

And no, Kai Money is not a new face.

7 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Sark didn’t lose to fuckin Maryland bro. Anyone that thinks this is a downgrade based on arbitrary things like point differential is foolish.

No he just lost to Arkansas, Baylor, and Ok St. And did it while blowing double digit leads. Much better 

4 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

After this week we better see some new faces at WR. We must have recruited at least a few other than Worthy last year, right?

And no, Kai Money is not a new face.

Texas has 2 seniors at Safety that need to find the bench. One of them shows amazingly shitty effort when things go sideways. I think Sark and Texas have a major accountability issue

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, MrBig said:

It’s a combination of coaching + shitty players. The few years Sark spent at Alabama blinded him to the possibility that players at a big time football school can be this shitty. He doesn’t know how to adjust his coaching to fix it.

Its like telling a parent their kid smells like shit because they don’t know how to wipe their ass. Some kids needs to be shown how to wipe their ass to get it right, and some kids just know. Nothing wrong with teaching em how to wipe if it gets the shit stink out of the building. And Sark doesn’t know how to teach shitty players how to wipe their asses.

thats because Nick Saban recruited A+ players, trap doored shitty players, and had a process to get the B players to A.

Sark doesn't have a chance in hell of doing that and its pretty damning that he can't adjust his coaching.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

1 yard in the 4th qtr isn’t turtling? Don’t say players because they built us a lead going into the 4th. 

Process over results man. Is he just calling runs into stacked boxes? Just because the play doesn't work doesn't mean he's turtling.

9 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Sark got blasted by the last place team in the SEC West by 19 points. The same conference we'll be joining in the near future. Doesn't that just inspire confidence?

It’s kind of funny to see things in this threads saying how much the coaches and players suck. 
Outside of Arkansas, the offense has been consistent. They haven’t kept up in the 4th quarter of the last 3 games and I just don’t know how many DC’s wouldn’t want a double digit lead against those teams going into the 4th. 

Herman said when he started a few years ago that the team at the time didn’t know how to win. I think we’re back there again. 

For the last 3 games Texas is on the precipice of breaking the opponents will early in the game and then some clusterfuck happens. As bad as Texas is, they’re a handful of players from being the best team in this conference because of the schemes. The players aren’t here yet. As good as Riley and Grinch are, Texas has OU’s players and you’re making comparisons to the 2005 team. 

I’ve given up on this season. These coaches need to build through the portal and recruiting, period. Start with the OL, there are guys all over the country at shitty schools that could start at Texas. It was no fluke Calvin Anderson came in and started immediately or the guy from GA Tech. 

48 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the question, if we had a media person worth a shit, is "why are you rolling the dice in a 3 point game on 4th and 11 with 9 minutes left, coach?"

Maybe as part of the psychological prep this week, he showed the team a screening of Solo: A Star Wars Story

Edited by TotallyLegit

2 minutes ago, XForce said:

It’s kind of funny to see things in this threads saying how much the coaches and players suck. 
Outside of Arkansas, the offense has been consistent. They haven’t kept up in the 4th quarter of the last 3 games and I just don’t know how many DC’s wouldn’t want a double digit lead against those teams going into the 4th. 

Herman said when he started a few years ago that the team at the time didn’t know how to win. I think we’re back there again. 

For the last 3 games Texas is on the precipice of breaking the opponents will early in the game and then some clusterfuck happens. As bad as Texas is, they’re a handful of players from being the best team in this conference because of the schemes. The players aren’t here yet. As good as Riley and Grinch are, Texas has OU’s players and you’re making comparisons to the 2005 team. 

I’ve given up on this season. These coaches need to build through the portal and recruiting, period. Start with the OL, there are guys all over the country at shitty schools that could start at Texas. It was no fluke Calvin Anderson came in and started immediately or the guy from GA Tech. 

Lol wut? We aren’t anywhere near the top of this conference. What the fuck are you talking about 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

They've made or had better hires than us since 2011. It's just that simple. Briles, Rhule, Aranda vs. Mack, Strong, Herman, and Sark. They've had coaches than can develop talent and put their players in a position to be successful. Texas hasn't. And the athlete that Texas should get and supposedly gets based on recruiting rankings is miles apart from what Baylor gets. So it goes back to our coaches don't do their jobs in developing these guys. 

Jalen Pitre was begging us for an offer, Kalon Barnes to an extent as well. They have some guys on that chose that chose them despite us wanting them too. I'm also pretty sure all of those guys would have flamed out here.

32 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

nobody ever said this was an A+ staff.  yes it wasn't G5 Houston staff or the combo G5/failed P5 staff.  Sark isn't even an A as a head coach, he's a B-.  Bo Davis and Banks seem to be A recruiters.  no one really knows about Flood away from Bama and the rest of the staff is pretty meh.

just because it was better than the previous disasters doesn't mean it is A+.  this is how we suck for 4 years and then fire.  we think we have an A+ staff.  Sark as the head coach needs to be looking to upgrade in a lot of spots.  That is his responsibility and the one thing he can control fully.

49 minutes ago, Chad said:

BMD influence is the main problem with this program. BMD meddling and influence leading to shitty hires, BMD influence is also the reason Mack outstayed his welcome. Urban Meyer chose one of the shittiest NFL franchises over Texas for this very reason. That tells you all you need to know when TWO of the most successful modern day coaches didn't want anything to do with this football program.

FIFY

Saban also said, "No." -- potentially for similar reasons?

BMD influence means the next coaching hire doesn't happen until the BMDs get teased enough by other teams' BMD until they feel enough shame and embarrassment to make a new hire happen.

Edited by BachelorTrek

44 minutes ago, Chad said:

Well, it's just something you're going to have to live with as a Texas fan and hope that meddling leads to a lucky hire who can put up with it and succeed. BMDs at Texas aren't going anywhere.

12 minutes ago, XForce said:

all coaches that lose multiple games they should win say the players have to learn how to win.  maybe its the coach that doesn't know how to win..  and uh OU's players on this staff is not, in any universe, comparable to 2005.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

the players v coaches wheel, may it never stop spinning

It's easier to replace players than coaches. It's harder to find good coaches than good players. That sucks for the players, but it's the nature of the sport and the simple numbers of it. Players are just more expendable.

Hire this lady to coach. She will break the wheel, or burn this mother fucker down. 

game of thrones boom GIF

I saw a lot of open WRs not catching the ball.

I saw a QB miss a wide open WR by throwing the ball out of bounds.

The offensive game plan and play calling were pretty good IMHO.

Hate the fake punt call.  Desperation move that wasn't going to work.

On offense, I can see the positives of what the coaches are doing.  We just lack basic execution.

Defense is more problematic.  They are trying different things but it still looks like a big mess to me.

• Hook 'Em 5

Herman lol. The guy who lost to Maryland twice? Beat Kansas by two points after giving up 48 points? Never beat tcu, 1-5 against blOwU? Struggled with West Virginia, ok state and Baylor? What the fuck are y’all talking about in here? Without a QB built for his system like Sam was…you mother fuckers think Casey or card finish the season as battering rams and we win more games? Holy shit. Close this thread. Lulz 

• Hook 'Em 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?