Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Michael Knight said:

You people thinking hiring yet another coach so soon is gonna make any difference next year. Everyone wanted Strong/Herman gone learn to be accountable for your decisions like you expect these players and coaches to be. Either suffer for the next 2 years or get the fuck out now

Getting rid of them was the right thing to do. Getting rid of Sark is the right thing to do. What sucks is the economics of college football means you have to pay them for incompetence.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Azbadlands said:

PK is garbage and Sark would do himself a favor by firing, of at least demoting him tonight and go out and get the best interim DC you can get.  Shit, Muschamp is an analyst at Georgia, offer him big bucks to come fix this shit, or at least make it way less embarassing...

I don’t think it’ll happen but firing PK or anyone tonight wouldn’t be wrong.  It sends a message and There is nothing to lose.  Is there a chance in hell that we lose to WVU and look back and say “ we could have won if PK was coaching our defense?”  

19 minutes ago, OmegaMan17 said:

We should've known better at the beginning of the hiring process. When the big money donors told Sark that he could not hire the coaches that he wanted to, I knew we were in for a rough roll. And no I don't want Mike stoops anywhere near this program.

Other than Stoops, what coaches was he told he couldn’t hire? And he absolutely shouldn’t have been able to hire Stoops.

His attempt to hire Stoops here was the second sign he’d be an utter failure. The first sign was that he’s always been a shitty head coach. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You people thinking hiring yet another coach so soon is gonna make any difference next year. Everyone wanted Strong/Herman gone learn to be accountable for your decisions like you expect these players and coaches to be. Either suffer for the next 2 years or get the fuck out now

I predict we will suffer for 2 more years either way. The question is “do you believe that Sarkisian can win enough to be the coach in 2 years?”

I do not

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

That’s cool. Can you message me when either Sark or another coach we hire gets 10 wins? I’m about to stop caring and need someone to tell me when to start caring again.

13 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

But wasn’t his staff supposed to be the reason why he was a good hire?  The idea that he would bring along his Bama buddies and a DC with an impeccable resume? 

Sure. I was against this hire - but he’s not getting fired after 1 season. Hell swap out some coaches. He should do a lot more - jettison at least half the roster. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I never thought our program would be in worse shape than Nebraska, but here we are.

Texas sucks but Nebraska is in year 9 of no top 25 finishes. Even during our shit decade we have some top 25 teams. You're underselling how shitty Nebraska is. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Other than Stoops, what coaches was he told he couldn’t hire? And he absolutely shouldn’t have been able to hire Stoops.

His attempt to hire Stoops here was the second sign he’d be an utter failure. The first sign was that he’s always been a shitty head coach. 

Oh come on, like 80 games is enough data…

😂🤣

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Yes. 

We are; when it doesn't work out as egregiously obvious as this as, you cut bait. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Like I said, perhaps. He would need the right compliment of assistant coaches. We all thought this was an all-star cast, but we were wrong. He needs a tough ass DC like a Muschamp to play the bad cop to his player's coach good cop.  He's clearly a great offensive mind. Can he pull the other parts together, well we'll see because you're fucking kidding yourself if you think he'll be fired this year or next

You’re probably right, but we all know how this song goes.  He’s not going to get Texas where they need to be and he’s going to get fired.  Why fuck around with 1-3 more years of this bullshit?  I don’t know if you remember Mack”s first year, but we got blown out in some early games, but we showed steady improvement and probably could have beaten anyone by the end of year 1.  This Sark shit is a whole different story.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

As a point of reference, my disappointment started with the 1984 Cotton Bowl when I was 8. Let me know when I should buy in.

I’m glad to hear that you finally woke up from your coma.  I’m happy to inform you that 2005 was a pretty good year.  Unfortunately we suck again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If Sark comes back it means we're resigned to being Nebraska or Tennessee.

Nebraska and Tennesse have zero local recruiting ground. We have one of the best. Just need everyone to chill out, shut the fuck up, and let the coaches do their thing for 5 years. 

University needs to separate the players from the general pop. Need to have them major in football like at every other title program and do everything to win

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Nebraska and Tennesse have zero local recruiting ground. We have one of the best. Just need everyone to chill out, shut the fuck up, and let the coaches do their thing for 5 years. 

University needs to separate the players from the general pop. Need to have them major in football like at every other title program and do everything to win

5 years?  Username checks out.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

As a point of reference, my disappointment started with the 1984 Cotton Bowl when I was 8. Let me know when I should buy in.

The 2005 team was in the conversation for best team of all time and the 2008 and 2009 team would have won the natty back to back if 2 plays go differently.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Tom Herman got to 10 wins.

fml

How many wins does he get with this years team?  You know, the team he recruited.  Are Casey or Card suddenly good QB’s?  Is the OL really good with Herman still here?  How bout the WR’s and TE’s?  They can suddenly catch?  Let’s look at the defense also.  Does Herman coaching make Schooler, Brock and the rest of the players better?  I don’t see it.  We may be actually worse if Herman was still the coach.  I have not seen worse talent on a UT team in the 40 years I have been watching them.  Show me a less talented Horns team.  I get the anger with the coaches but I have watched our defenders in position to make plays and they just can’t do it.  Not strong enough or fast enough.  

5 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

You’re probably right, but we all know how this song goes.  He’s not going to get Texas where they need to be and he’s going to get fired.  Why fuck around with 1-3 more years of this bullshit?  I don’t know if you remember Mack”s first year, but we got blown out in some early games, but we showed steady improvement and probably could have beaten anyone by the end of year 1.  This Sark shit is a whole different story.

sark is off to a terrible start, no doubt and yes Mack's team improved in year 1 but he had a much better roster. 

People talk about firing Sark now, well we just wrote a huge check to get rid of Strong, then another one for Herman and we gave Sark a big guarantee, people are fed up with writing big checks for this fuckers.  It would be cheaper to write a check for Evan and a couple of offensive linemen

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How many wins does he get with this years team?  You know, the team he recruited.  Are Casey or Card suddenly good QB’s?  Is the OL really good with Herman still here?  How bout the WR’s and TE’s?  They can suddenly catch?  Let’s look at the defense also.  Does Herman coaching make Schooler, Brock and the rest of the players better?  I don’t see it.  We may be actually worse if Herman was still the coach.  I have not seen worse talent on a UT team in the 40 years I have been watching them.  Show me a less talented Horns team.  I get the anger with the coaches but I have watched our defenders in position to make plays and they just can’t do it.  Not strong enough or fast enough.  

More than 4, that’s for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

5 years?  Username checks out.

This defense is checked out. They got lit up publicly and they folded like little whiny babies. That side of the ball has to be completely purged. 

This is a minimum 5 year rebuild. It's only going to ever happen with consistency not with changing coaches constantly. There's zero chance for success doing that. Small chance just letting them have time to build with consistency. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, alphahorn said:

sark is off to a terrible start, no doubt and yes Mack's team improved in year 1 but he had a much better roster. 

People talk about firing Sark now, well we just wrote a huge check to get rid of Strong, then another one for Herman and we gave Sark a big guarantee, people are fed up with writing big checks for this fuckers.  It would be cheaper to write a check for Evan and a couple of offensive linemen

The money is irrelevant. We’re going to lose huge amounts of donations if this clown stays. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

More than Sark.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The money is irrelevant. We’re going to lose huge amounts of donations if this clown stays. 

I agree. Buying him out is a shit load of money but is chump change compared to the amount of money the program loses if he stays 2 more years - provided that he’s truly the garbage coach that he appears to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I am just so fucking mad. This team has been absolute fucking rank now for 11 fucking years. How do you do that? The fuck am I spending this fucking money for. Goddamit. I would get ass mack years as a student. Followed by Strong. Followed by the every so ass backwards glimmer of hope of Herman to complete and total dogshit. Then somehow bumble fuck our way to Seven Win Steve. WHO CANT EVEN CLAIM THAT SHIT ANYMORE! How can OU, Baylor, nail hire after hire. But Texas can't replace butter-teeth coach clappy. I didn't like the hire on the onset, but was hopeful once the staff was assembled. They get nothing from me now. 

Goddamnit. Fuck Chris Del Conte and Texas. They don't deserve a fucking dime from me anymore. 

Edited by theaveragejon
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This has to absolutely be rock bottom for the program. 

Every decade has included at least one conference title and we’re at the level of losing to Kansas. 

How in the actual fuck are we supposed to compete with likes of Ole Miss and LSU? Alabama and Georgia are out of the question.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?