Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Eltife and CDC should fall on their swords though.  We should have kept Turtle Tom and spent this year searching behind his back.  

That was actually a popular sentiment after we missed on Urban, but instead we replaced Shithead with Shitface. Who the fuck made that decision? We need to know.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Firing a first-year coach is almost unheard of, especially for a likeable guy without any (recent) off-field issues, but damn is Sark making a case for it. No recruit is going to come here after this. Even transfers might not. 

And no coaches will come here if you fire a respected guy in year one. But please do continue with y'all's irrational meltdown. 

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And no coaches will come here if you fire a respected guy in year one. But please do continue with y'all's irrational meltdown. 

Irrational?  We just lost to 1 win Kansas at home as a 30 point favorite.  I don’t disagree if someone says we’re stuck with this loser for another year, but to say the outrage is not justified is silly.  We’ve lost 5 in a row and might end the season losing out.  If this isn’t among the top 3 lowest points in program history, it’s close. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Irrational?  We just lost to 1 win Kansas at home as a 30 point favorite.  I don’t disagree if someone says we’re stuck with this loser for another year, but to say the outrage is not justified is silly.  We’ve lost 5 in a row and might end the season losing out.  If this isn’t among the top 3 lowest points in program history, it’s close. 

It is one of the worst points in program history. No doubt. But the best way to maintain that is to keep recruiting transition classes and then blaming the current coaches for the failures of the previous ones. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

This program is in a worse position today than when Charlie was hired nearly a decade ago. This staff is done but we’ll have to suffer through at least one more season of this horseshit 

Yep. Charlie Strong did more with less...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Going for 2 at home is page 1 of the head coach manual. Inexplicable when trying to break a 4 game losing streak. 

Of all the takes you could have this is NOT one them. And I would love to see that manual that says go for two if you get ball first at home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It is one of the worst points in program history. No doubt. But the best way to maintain that is to keep recruiting transition classes and then blaming the current coaches for the failures of the previous ones. 

Shit, I’ll take a transition class over what Sark is gonna be able to pull after losing the last 7 games straight.  Sign me up. 

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

What recruit in their right mind would sign up to play for this motherfucker? I sure as hell wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He’s not getting fired after 1 season. 

But he best clean house this offseason and burn this program to the ground to rebuild it from scratch. 

well he's proven he can sure as fuck burn the program to the ground, he's ahead of schedule there. I have zero confidence he can rebuild for shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Texas is a Women's Tennis school now.

5 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Who gives a fuck about this fucking team. Football at UT is over. Fuck them. Cal Berkeley/ Stanford is what we are now. Get used to it. We win championships in swimming and volleyball. 

Everything but football, basically. Look up and down at the sports we offer, and football is the sport we are the worst at.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?