Meat is meat?

closetohumping

Would you eat zebra meat if you weren't famished?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. I'm hangry!!

• Yes, meat is meat
    • No
    • Vegetarian

15 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I doubt I'd eat dog, but that's about it.  Zebra seems like a no brainer though, unless you are a vegetarian why would you object to zebra?

We were at a little remote atoll (Takaroa) in the Tuamoto island chain in the South Pacific in 1982.  May 100 people lived there.  It was my sister's 15th biirthday so the whole town threw her a big party at the "town haa" (basically a big concrete building with open sides).  Lots of fish dishes, and the one red meat dish being served was, yes, dog.  The only thing they could serve.  At 16 I couldn't bring myself to eat it, but my dad and bro did so as to not appear rude.  We hade a big Rottweiller on board, who must have looked like a big fat Japanese Wagyu cow to them.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We were at a little remote atoll (Takaroa) in the Tuamoto island chain in the South Pacific in 1982.  May 100 people lived there.  It was my sister's 15th biirthday so the whole town threw her a big party at the "town haa" (basically a big concrete building with open sides).  Lots of fish dishes, and the one red meat dish being served was, yes, dog.  The only thing they could serve.  At 16 I couldn't bring myself to eat it, but my dad and bro did so as to not appear rude.  We hade a big Rottweiller on board, who must have looked like a big fat Japanese Wagyu cow to them.

Think about how many times I have farted
Natives were using A-1,  juicy steaks a' barkin'
What heartworm meds were they on? Now I'm steady shartin'

I have eaten lots if horse, mostly in Central Asia. Never my go-to, but it’s not bad so zebra would be fine. 

I think pretty much all grazing mammals and birds are the JV of odd meats, except for something like a turtle buzzard which would likely stink. 

Any carnivores are where you start to lose me, I would not eat a cat or dog, or lions or tigers and shit. A bear, maybe, I don’t know why.