Big XII Break-up by Bryan Curtis

Soliver465

• Soliver465 changed the title to Big XII Break-up by Bryan Curtis

In 2009, Nebraska looked like it had beaten undefeated Texas in the title game. But officials put one second back on the clock, and the Longhorns kicked the winning field goal. Bo Pelini, who was Nebraska’s head coach, offered a conspiracy theory in which it was a Big 12 official, not a replay official, who “reached over and hit the button.” Pelini offered that theory last month.

*bangs head on desk

No, fuckheads!  There WAS one second left on the clock.  The refs didn't "put one second back on."  Bo Pelini is a syphilitic trog who should fuck off to a cave somewhere and finish evolving.

#trivialthingsthatmakemesurly

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 2

Good read - thanks for the link

[quote]The best Big 12 writing takes the form of a why-our-team-left or what-do-the-survivors-do-now. As someone whose college fandom started with the birth of the conference, history has picked me to write a highly caveated appreciation. “I just want the Big 12, the conference that I played in, to still be in existence when it’s all said and done,” Heisman winner Robert Griffin III said on College GameDay last week. I wouldn’t go that far. I just want the Big 12 to be made fun of properly.[/quote]

On that Bo Pelini theory:

“I heard — whether it’s true or not, I don’t know — that it wasn’t the replay official who hit the (replay) button to review it,” Pelini said. “There was nothing to review. It was over.”

So who hit the replay button?

According to Pelini: “I heard a Big 12 official reached over and hit the button. That’s what I was told a couple months after.

"whether it’s true or not, I don’t know " - that's the phrase you use when you made the theory up yourself or you don't believe the person who told you.

Also, what do you mean nothing to review? Is not the game clock reviewable?

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

"After dropping my stuff in my dorm room, I bought a Big 12 T-shirt. "

I stopped reading this immediately cause obviously this writer is a complete dweb.

Listen, we've all made mistakes in our younger days that we regret. There are mistakes you can look back on and laugh about and then there are mistakes you should never tell another living soul. Buying a Big 12 t-shirt falls in the latter category.

• Hook 'Em 2

“Some of the schools that were urging us to stay,” said Nebraska AD and former coach Tom Osborne, “we found some of them had talked to not only one other conference or two but even three.”

That's some logic. Did it occur to you, dipshit, that maybe you should have followed suit (talked to other conferences but ultimately do the smart thing and keep your best arrangement in place)? What a complete and total fucktard this guy turned out to be.

44 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

That's some logic. Did it occur to you, dipshit, that maybe you should have followed suit (talked to other conferences but ultimately do the smart thing and keep your best arrangement in place)? What a complete and total fucktard this guy turned out to be.

That guy is such a sleazeball liar.  Everyone knew Nebraska was bailing months before it was ever "announced."  It was the worst kept secret of 2010.  So of course the remaining schools started talking to other conferences-- Nebraska's impending defection CAUSED those discussions.

But lying and acting like Nebraska was a victim of circumstance and was forced out of the B12 for fear of not having a safe landing spot, is actually one of the least disgusting/sleazy things Tom Osborne ever did related to college football, so I guess we got off lucky.  A hell of a lot luckier than Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend anyway.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Current events couldn't possibly refute this more abundantly.

I stand by my statement, but maybe I needed to be more clear in my sentiment.

I care that Texas is in a conference that is advantageous for Texas, regardless of the conference itself. If Texas is to be portrayed as the villian, so be it. Might as well join the conference that is also portrayed as the villian.

I do not care what conference that is.

I will never root for the conference that Texas is in.

I will never boast about the conference, and I sure as shit won't become a shill or cuck to that conference. 

"Does that meet, wit your approval, Hellgate?"

Now, how much SEC gear do you own?