“Not a rivalry”

Tex Pete

Old enough to know the history of Arkansas/Texas football. Too many have forgotten this history. Arkansas fans see this as a rivalry, where as Texas fans don’t. Arkansas will always be pumped because this is taught to them early. Texas views OU or A&M as it’s rival. Arkansas has no true rival in the SEC.  Regardless of records or expectations, know that the Hogs will be extra motivated. Welcome to the SEC. it will be entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 5

18 minutes ago, Tommyd said:

Old enough to know the history of Arkansas/Texas football. Too many have forgotten this history. Arkansas fans see this as a rivalry, where as Texas fans don’t. Arkansas will always be pumped because this is taught to them early. Texas views OU or A&M as it’s rival. Arkansas has no true rival in the SEC.  Regardless of records or expectations, know that the Hogs will be extra motivated. Welcome to the SEC. it will be entertaining.

100% correct. Texas may not see this as a rivalry but the pigs do. And that's what counts.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I knew we were in trouble when Sark made his comment about Arky being just another faceless opponent.  No comprehension of what they were going to be walking into.

He better change his tune quickly. Every team in the Big 12 wants to beat our ass after the SEC thing. I promise you Iowa St would rather beat us than Iowa. He needs to use this game to drill it in their heads that this is what we’re in for all season

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He better change his tune quickly. Every team in the Big 12 wants to beat our ass after the SEC thing. I promise you Iowa St would rather beat us than Iowa. He needs to use this game to drill it in their heads that this is what we’re in for all season

Lol.  Iowa state would MUCH rather beat  Iowa.  Wake the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tommyd said:

That’s fine. Fans weren’t on the field. 

3 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Well.  They’re kinda right.  

Rivalries usually aren’t such a massive blowout 

Agree. Rivalry games can be erratic when there is bulletin board material in the ether.

That was a tremendous home field advantage Arkansas brought to the table. That had a Bristol at Night NASCAR event kind of loud to it.  They were fired up. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Iowa state would MUCH rather beat  Iowa.  Wake the fuck up. 

Right now, at this current moment, you’re absolutely wrong. Apparently you missed college gameday where half the signs were anti Texas. Iowa St (like most of the Big 12) blames us for end of the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Right now, at this current moment, you’re absolutely wrong. Apparently you missed college gameday where half the signs were anti Texas. Iowa St (like most of the Big 12) blames us for end of the Big 12. 

Yeah I watched the game today w all ISU people.  You’re dead wrong.  Ask em.  Beating you guys is a novelty now.  Doesn’t mean you’re good.  It’s fun to laugh at Texas.  Beating Iowa means real bragging rights to ISU.  Laughing at a fat guy who sits on a whoopee cushion is only so much fun…get over yourself.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

angry men win football games. Arkansas was pissed and wanted to shove it down our throats.  we haven't been angry in years.  soft little bitches. Sark is soft as well.

Why would we be angry when we make more money than everyone else and there's no accountability for losing on the field?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah I watched the game today w all ISU people.  You’re dead wrong.  Ask em.  Beating you guys is a novelty now.  Doesn’t mean you’re good.  It’s fun to laugh at Texas.  Beating Iowa means real bragging rights to ISU.  Laughing at a fat guy who sits on a whoopee cushion is only so much fun…get over yourself.  

Signs calling us traitors and horns down is not laughing bruh. That’s pure, I wanna beat you ass, hatred. Iowa St has been talking all off-season about beating us. They’ve mentioned Iowa in passing

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Signs calling us traitors and horns down is not laughing bruh. That’s pure, I wanna beat you ass, hatred. Iowa St has been talking all off-season about beating us. They’ve mentioned Iowa in passing

It's like some of you treat this "they hate us so much" thing as actual currency that means anything. 

DKR once said "Trends are bunk, only angry people win football games"   IMHO, Texas football needs to go back to the gospel of DKR. Not necessarily run the same offense or defense but to play for UT with pride and a chip on your shoulder. 

3 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I knew we were in trouble when Sark made his comment about Arky being just another faceless opponent.  No comprehension of what they were going to be walking into.

Contrast that to what Coach Akers said during Arkansas week in 1984(I was staff assistant at the time) He told the team "Guys, you just have to go out there and knock their dicks in the dirt. Deep down they want to be Texas but down inside they know they're not. Please do not ask me how I know this"(with a big grinning smile)

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Someone should ask Sark if he realized this wasn't just another game when the goal posts were being torn down.

Correct me I'm wrong. The last time that goal posts were torn down at Fayetteville was when #1 Texas was beaten. This means more than just a game for Hog fans. 

Maybe the correct question is whether ISU would rather beat Iowa or win the Big 12?

And second, we’re you at the game?

I used to travel Arkansas for business in a past life (mid 80s-early 90s), and I quickly learned to never schedule a trip during October. Win or lose, Razorbacks were rabid about this rivalry. You have to experience it to believe it. I absolutely enjoyed going there the rest of the year, and their fans made for fun banter. They were very respectful of UT except during the full moon of October.

None of the current players have first hand knowledge of the rivalry, but the players from Arkansas were still baptized in it. The rest had to have been swept up in the fever of this game which resulted in an all-time record crowd. It’s Texas Week to them, bigger than Bama, and you know it was palpable.

I expected they would be psyched out of their skulls for this game. I just wasn’t sure if it would result in them playing lights out or tearing asunder.

Very few people associated with Texas football — from the AD to the coaches and players — have personally experienced this rivalry, but now maybe they understand it.

It’s gonna be funner than playing damn aggy. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

100% correct. Texas may not see this as a rivalry but the pigs do. And that's what counts.

Over and over and over.

“We’re too good for this.” “We’re above the fray.” 

What’s that? We got our asses whipped up and down the field? Again? By “not a rival?” Borderline erotic. Stupid bitches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, naija said:

It's like some of you treat this "they hate us so much" thing as actual currency that means anything. 

It clearly doesn’t. To our team, staff, and admin anyway. It’s why we are repeatedly woefully unprepared to deal with the emotions of opponents who truly hate us. Maybe people should open their fucking eyes. Hopefully this lesson will stick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've become numb to losing the last decade. HOWEVER, I absolutely loathe losing to a bottom feeding team with a fan base full of cocksuckers like Arkansas. Know what's really sad? The aggy have beaten these bottom feeders 9 games running. Arkansas is the KU of the SEC, they went two years without a single conference victory losing to teams like San Jose St, Colorado St and North Texas. All gas and no brakes my ass, I want to slap the taste out of any cuck that was spouting that nonsense all off season from a fucking fraud of a coach hired with a 46-35 career head coaching record.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rpspeed said:

he did and its true.

I live in Texarkana and they hate Texas as much today as they did when they left for the SEC.

Without question.  I’m almost 40.  We’ve been in the SEC the majority of my life.  Hard to explain but the fan base just can’t gin up the hate for LSU or Ole Miss like they do for Texas.  If I have to hear about the 1969 shootout one more time… 

I promise you, the overwhelming majority of fans are beyond excited to be playing UT yearly again.  

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Chad said:

I've become numb to losing the last decade. HOWEVER, I absolutely loathe losing to a bottom feeding team with a fan base full of cocksuckers like Arkansas. Know what's really sad? The aggy have beaten these bottom feeders 9 games running. Arkansas is the KU of the SEC, they went two years without a single conference victory losing to teams like San Jose St, Colorado St and North Texas. All gas and no brakes my ass, I want to slap the taste out of any cuck that was spouting that nonsense all off season from a fucking fraud of a coach hired with a 46-35 career head coaching record.

Wish aggy played Arky in "Fayettnam" instead of JerryWorld... 

32 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Without question.  I’m almost 40.  We’ve been in the SEC the majority of my life.  Hard to explain but the fan base just can’t gin up the hate for LSU or Ole Miss like they do for Texas.  If I have to hear about the 1969 shootout one more time… 

I promise you, the overwhelming majority of fans are beyond excited to be playing UT yearly again.  

Ok, then just a picture from 1969 Shootout Game... 🤘

txark69.0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommyd said:

What would this post get 2 negs?  Poster is absolutely correct.  Negging this proves how disconnected our fan base is.   

Arkansas showed up to win.  Texas showed up to be Texas.   

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, rpspeed said:

he did and its true.

I live in Texarkana and they hate Texas as much today as they did when they left for the SEC.

History will settle back in and Texas will adjust to winning 70% of these games. Texas will wake up and see Arkansas as a must win rivalry game. Too often in recent past, it’s been seen as just another game. It’s not. Not even close. Their hatred is as hot as any rivalry in the country. I for one welcome it. It’s about time we have it back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There was real hatred in the SWC and the fans of the schools who were on the short end of ANY W/L stick still live to poke their dick in the eye of the Godless ones whenever they can. Failure to recognize that will lead to less than optimal results for any coach. That pecking order and the hatred it engendered extends to everyone that has some history as well, it's not just directed at the biggest winners. Gary Patterson knows this and at some point in his career at TCU has motivated his crew to upsets against just about everyone. 

• Like 1

Yeah we've already written Texas off, yesterday I had my first tingle of BYU hate.

20 minutes ago, troph said:

This isn’t true for old timers. I grew up knowing three rivals, OU, A&M and Arkansas. Young fans say only one, it’s simply not true.

Arkansas was absolutely a rivalry as is A&M. Schools like TCU may beat us while we suck but become push overs when we are good. These three other schools require that you come ready to play even when the team is good because if not you will not get past them by just being better. That to me is what makes it a rivalry.

• Hook 'Em 3