I just don’t understand why y’all are surprised

HSFC

11 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Well that makes more sense and last night did suck.  K has also coached against Stanford which plays plenty of 7 lineman ground and pound. 

It’s cool. We’re all just trying to make sense out of what we saw last night.

It also worries me that in the first half when Arkansas went for it on 4th and short, Keondre Coburn just got put on his ass. 

9 minutes ago, pubes said:

arkansas has been a pile of shit for years. 
I think everyone is surprised that they showed up to play. It’s what makes a rivalry game and it’s what makes the sport fun. Sark got kicked in the teeth and hopefully he and the team can adjust their attitudes. Everything else is there. 

The O line sucks.  The D line sucks.  We don't know who our quarterback is.  There's a lot more wrong than guys' attitudes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was thinking about this topic this morning on my dog walk.

I mean half this place thought we were going to lose to Louisiana-Lafayette.  Surely they shouldn't be surprised we lost to an SEC team on the road, with a RSFr making his 1st road start.

Did I think we were going to win last night?  I did.  

Did I think we would get absolutely destroyed in every facet?  I did not.

I think/hope we can rally and go into OU at 4-1

Color me optimistic.  I still have a little faith that we ca correct some of the issues.

Obviously I think Casey is the guy going forward...I don't know how much of a barometer Rice or Tech will be...but we'll see.  

TCU on the road will be a make or break game.

We got beat.  We weren’t tough on either line.  It’s sucked.  

I went to LA in 1998 and watched UCLA rip us apart.  We had a new coach and all the fans were acting the same way they are now.  We lost our next game and we’re 1-2.  Then we played Rice and got on a roll.

People need to relax and let the coaches coach.  I remember when Saban lost to ULM his first year. It takes time.  Sometimes I think our fan base are the absolute worst. I had us down for 9-3 this year.  I will take Sark 10000x’s over Herman.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:
1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:
Agree. Everyone wants a quick fix to a loss like this (Sark should have treated this like a rivalry! Casey Thompson should have started!) when the reality is much more systemic and difficult to change with a single stroke. The D-Line’s performance is even more disheartening given the supposed talent we had there, and we don’t seem to have an outside WR that can consistently get open. 

And the fact is that these players just have nothing in their experience to get them ready for an environment like last night. Sark could have piped in crowd noise to practice, given them a “Remember the Titans” pre-game speech and castrated a hog, but until they play under those conditions, they’re not ready for them. Day games in Lubbock, Ames, or Waco just aren’t a substitute. 

Oh for fuck's sake. Texas rolls out of bed with significantly more talented players than Arkansas every morning. There is no fucking excuse for the god damned abortion the Horns left on the field in Fayetteville last night.

FEF5E9EC-7CAD-4006-A54F-C7C2BA5322A3.jpeg.f5574b8b7341a5b0343fdbc0540e3db4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

We got beat.  We weren’t tough on either line.  It’s sucked.  

I went to LA in 1998 and watched UCLA rip us apart.  We had a new coach and all the fans were acting the same way they are now.  We lost our next game and we’re 1-2.  Then we played Rice and got on a roll.

People need to relax and let the coaches coach.  I remember when Saban lost to ULM his first year. It takes time.  Sometimes I think our fan base are the absolute worst. I had us down for 9-3 this year.  I will take Sark 10000x’s over Herman.

Does Ricky have any eligibility left?

This was the Hog’s super bowl. They played like shit against Rice because they weren’t even thinking about that game. The Texas hate runs deep there; most young Texas fans don’t realize it. That might be their best effort of the season and we’ll all wonder how we lost to that team. Reality is, they wanted it more and were better prepared.

• Hook 'Em 1

We're everyone's super bowl. That's what the players don't ever seem to get. Yes we're mediocre and have been for a decade but it's still enjoyable to beat mean, arrogant Texas and their candy ass entitled players. I was hoping Sark would make them get that they are going always have that target on their back because Alabama always had that on their backs. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I go back to that muffed punt. How different would the game have maybe turned out if the toe wasn't on the line when we recovered it? When we failed to score and Arkansas started to, it felt like things were snowballing. 

our D played decent in the first half. at 16-7(after our coach bitched out and didn't go for 2) we had a chance to do something and then Ark completed the long pass(I think it was a failed Orlando trademarked blitz) and they gave up.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Just sometimes?

Some of the people need to step away.  I love Texas football but you have to be realistic.  This game won’t kill us with recruits.  It will show where we need to build up the lines to compete in the SEC.  if I am an OL recruit, I have my eyes wide open.  There is playing time available. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, FloridaHorn said:

The biggest surprise for me was that our coaches made zero adjustments the entire game. We had NO identity on either side of the ball. Odom and Baby Briles kicked coach K and Sarks ass all night and they did nothing to stop it.

Sark moved from 0-18 when down at half as a coach to 0-19.  

I'm not surprised the least. Hiring a highly successful offensive coordinator who flamed out at not one, but two power five schools accumulating a 46-35 record along the way with an absolutely horrendous  record on the road was not a surprise to this guy. Should've held on to Herman for one more year waiting for a home run hire to become available than kicking the tires on some bum with a flashy social media campaign some moron in the marketing dept contrived all gas no brakes baby!!!! Anyone that bought into that was a guppy.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, Harvdog said:

Some of the people need to step away.  I love Texas football but you have to be realistic.  This game won’t kill us with recruits.  It will show where we need to build up the lines to compete in the SEC.  if I am an OL recruit, I have my eyes wide open.  There is playing time available. 

This right here.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think it's 0-19 when down at the half by ten points or more, but still, that is a big ol' red flag. I was shocked when I saw that.

Great, so we go from Herman, who was a noticeable improvement over Charlie Strong, back to Charlie Strong 2.0?  I remember when the team would get down by a TD with Charlie, it seemed like an impossible feat for them to catch up...Like the wind just got knocked out of them because the other team scored first or went ahead...

On 9/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, hookem48 said:

we all feel the same way but let Sark treat OU like just another game and we'll get beat by 50.

This shit pisses me off so much. We should be focusing on the ou game all offseason and go balls the wall ou week. That shit needs to be circled on the calendar. Play boomer sooner when a player fucks up and is running sprints. Have an ou game from the last 20 years blasting around the athletic department. Every fucking day study Lincoln’s offense and find anything we can exploit. Make the team so fucking annoyed of ou that they go out there and blast those pussies in the face. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

This shit pisses me off so much. We should be focusing on the ou game all offseason and go balls the wall ou week. That shit needs to be circled on the calendar. Play boomer sooner when a player fucks up and is running sprints. Have an ou game from the last 20 years blasting around the athletic department. Every fucking day study Lincoln’s offense and find anything we can exploit. Make the team so fucking annoyed of ou that they go out there and blast those pussies in the face. 

The OU game isn't nearly as important to the players as it is to the fans. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

We are farrrrrr from the days of VY writing Beat Ohio State on the whiteboard and setting up his own player led practices to focus on kicking their ass in 2005.  

I hope sometime again in my lifetime we can get back to that level of focus, including with the OU game every year. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And it has shown a lot over the last 25 years. 

It seems like just yesterday that Case McCoy Chris Simms Shane Buechele  Garrett Gilbert Chance Mock Sam Ehlinger was being thrown around like a ragdoll in the Cotton Bowl. 

Edited by Tex Pete

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And it has shown a lot over the last 25 years. 

It's the same way for OU. The game is way more meaningful to fans than players. That doesn't mean it isn't important, it's just not as important. They don't have to put up with the humiliation of co-workers pointing and laughing. That pain is real, bruh.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's the same way for OU. The game is way more meaningful to fans than players. That doesn't mean it isn't important, it's just not as important. They don't have to put up with the humiliation of co-workers pointing and laughing. That pain is real, bruh.

Not as important? Maybe. They definitely do and have emphasized it a lot more than we do. Again, it shows. Yet they still win the conference every single year. Maybe this is one thing about that shithole school (those shithole schools) we should consider emulating.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This for a team they regularly beat like a drum. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

That might be the problem.  If they aren't focused on getting good enough to beat their toughest rival every year, then what are they focused on?..It seems like there is something that keeps players from developing the talent they need to compete at a high level at UT that needs to be addressed...Some of these players come in and look better as raw/ hungry freshman players than they do after they have been in the program a few years and it doesn't make sense...It's like something takes the fight out of them after they have played at UT a while and they just accept losing without being pissed about it.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I lived in Oklahoma City for a while and I worked with 2 OU player's parents.  The players hate Texas as much as the fans do and love nothing more than putting a good arse beating on UT...That was back when Texas was pretty good though under Mack.  Maybe they don't give a crap now since we have sucked for more than a decade...I can guarantee you beating Texas was a big deal to OU's players back then and it was all they would talk about on sports radio...It was like their entire focus every year was stomping a mudhole in UT..

Edited by Azbadlands

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

So in 83 career games as a HC he's trailed by double digits at the half  for almost 1/4 of them?

Season 6 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Yeah, that's what's really frightening about that stat.  Not the 0.  The 19 is inexplicable.

I would guess that most good coaches are 0-something when they're down 10+ at half. 

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, that's what's really frightening about that stat.  Not the 0.  The 19 is inexplicable.

I would guess that most good coaches are 0-something when they're down 10+ at half. 

It sucks but it is what it is.  His HC resume consist of rebuilding a UW program from dumpster fire to solid/decent.  That's it.  That's going to include a lot of losses being outgunned.   But his HC resume was pretty much and afterthought because of the circumstances, but the reality is we don't have any more of a clue what Sark is capable of as a HC than we did Herman.  Plenty of red flags to worry about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I lived in Oklahoma City for a while and I worked with 2 OU player's parents.  The players hate Texas as much as the fans do and love nothing more than putting a good arse beating on UT...That was back when Texas was pretty good though under Mack.  Maybe they don't give a crap now since we have sucked for more than a decade...I can guarantee you beating Texas was a big deal to OU's players back then and it was all they would talk about on sports radio...It was like their entire focus every year was stomping a mudhole in UT..

That moron just makes stuff up & says it with conviction to provide the illusion that he actually knows what he’s talking about.  Hint:  He doesn’t.

You’re better off just letting his idiocy float out into the ether.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:21 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

The problem for the fanbase was last week. Instead of seeing “Louisiana” on the schedule we bought into the Napier hype and the ranking based on last year’s completely bizarre season.  Had we just realized we only solidly beat “ULaLa” this outcome would not have been as shocking going at night to the opponent’s superbowl with a FR QB1 and first-year staff. 

I don’t think we have the answer on the sidelines, but last night was a tough spot for any coach to be put into.

Yeah, ULaLa gave up more than 500 yards in a 27-24 win over Nicholls State of the Southland Conference on Saturday. Our win over Napier might not look so hot come the end of the season.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I think Pittman is probably a good coach and pig may be turning a bit of a corner.

Just like ULaLa apparently was pretty overrated, it is quite possible that pig is underrated.  Not so underrated that we should have lost like that, but good enough not to be dismissed the way we have, especially at home, at night, in a game that they consider a heated rivalry, and most of us under 40 do not.

UGA fans rave about Pittman, where he coached before.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:33 AM, Duane Moore said:

Agree. Everyone wants a quick fix to a loss like this (Sark should have treated this like a rivalry! Casey Thompson should have started!) when the reality is much more systemic and difficult to change with a single stroke. The D-Line’s performance is even more disheartening given the supposed talent we had there, and we don’t seem to have an outside WR that can consistently get open. 

And the fact is that these players just have nothing in their experience to get them ready for an environment like last night. Sark could have piped in crowd noise to practice, given them a “Remember the Titans” pre-game speech and castrated a hog, but until they play under those conditions, they’re not ready for them. Day games in Lubbock, Ames, or Waco just aren’t a substitute. 

Yes.  So many of you are stuck on the Oline.  From ESPN boxscore.  This is just flat out pitiful.  It isn't like we got beat by a great RB.  Didn't matter who ran.  They racked up the yards.  6 players over 6 yards a carry and none over 12 carries.  4 with TDs.  Our Dline got totally dominated.

Y'all are stuck on the problems since 2009.  Dline was awful.

8.png&h=100&w=100Arkansas Rushing
  CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Trelon Smith 12 75 6.3 1 22
KJ Jefferson 10 73 7.3 0 34
AJ Green 7 67 9.6 1 30
Raheim Sanders 8 50 6.3 1 26
Dominique Johnson 6 44 7.3 1 19
Malik Hornsby 1 29 29.0 0 29
Josh Oglesby 1 2 2.0 0 2
Team 2 -7 -3.5 0 0
TEAM 47 333 7.1 4 34

28 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yes.  So many of you are stuck on the Oline.  From ESPN boxscore.  This is just flat out pitiful.  It isn't like we got beat by a great RB.  Didn't matter who ran.  They racked up the yards.  6 players over 6 yards a carry and none over 12 carries.  4 with TDs.  Our Dline got totally dominated.

Y'all are stuck on the problems since 2009.  Dline was awful.

8.png&h=100&w=100Arkansas Rushing
  CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Trelon Smith 12 75 6.3 1 22
KJ Jefferson 10 73 7.3 0 34
AJ Green 7 67 9.6 1 30
Raheim Sanders 8 50 6.3 1 26
Dominique Johnson 6 44 7.3 1 19
Malik Hornsby 1 29 29.0 0 29
Josh Oglesby 1 2 2.0 0 2
Team 2 -7 -3.5 0 0
TEAM 47 333 7.1 4 34

The long gains on this sheet is shocking. By ANY set of backs. F

On 9/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

This was the Hog’s super bowl. They played like shit against Rice because they weren’t even thinking about that game. The Texas hate runs deep there; most young Texas fans don’t realize it. That might be their best effort of the season and we’ll all wonder how we lost to that team. Reality is, they wanted it more and were better prepared.

They will go 5-7. Was thinking earlier aggy never has to play in that environment and is protected by Jerryworld every season. aggy will probably beat them by 3 scores.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:38 AM, HSFC said:

All the insiders said the OL was a problem and Sark doesn’t have the WRs he needs.  

Hate to break it to you but the secondary is just as bad as last year too.  Don’t let Arkansas running for over 300 yards make you forget about the secondary before Big 12 play.

Negged for being obnoxious.

As we were picked to win by a touchdown and had just defeated a ranked (certainly not great) team, only an idiot wouldn't be surprised by the thrashing we received. 

I'll do the math for you: you're an idiot.

I’m surprised how ineffective the offense has been. I expected Sark to come in and outscheme everyone on the schedule. Felt like we just had better athletes than ULaLa not better scheme, and Sark got flat out owned by Odom. You can say what you want about the line but you’d expect an offensive guru to come up with something/anything to compensate.

The concerning thing is that there  are a bunch of recruits like Evan Stewart who want to see an explosive offense before they make a decision and we have NOT been impressive offensively thus far.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

That might be the problem.  If they aren't focused on getting good enough to beat their toughest rival every year, then what are they focused on?..It seems like there is something that keeps players from developing the talent they need to compete at a high level at UT that needs to be addressed...Some of these players come in and look better as raw/ hungry freshman players than they do after they have been in the program a few years and it doesn't make sense...It's like something takes the fight out of them after they have played at UT a while and they just accept losing without being pissed about it.

Pussy--it'll do it every time. It's undefeated and still the heavyweight champion of the world.

3 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

Maybe they realize that football isn't the most important part of being at the University of Texas.

I don't know.