General Milley

Shaddie

I just hope fence sitting people see this and realize most people see Trump is nothing but a power hungry bitch. 

I also know most people never want to admit they were wrong on anything.  The more it is shown who he really is makes middles go the other way.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

I just hope fence sitting people see this and realize most people see Trump is nothing but a power hungry bitch. 

I also know most people never want to admit they were wrong on anything.  The more it is shown who he really is makes middles go the other way.  

Nope.  All of these people are fake news.  Because first, Trump never heard of them, this never happened, and Milley is a total loser hated by his own troops.  And also, yes, it totally happened, because that's  how much of a badass Trump is - he totally WOULD unilaterally nuke our enemies, like all those brown countries.

Stop pretending that Trumpkins will ever accept reality.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  All of these people are fake news.  Because first, Trump never heard of them, this never happened, and Milley is a total loser hated by his own troops.  And also, yes, it totally happened, because that's  how much of a badass Trump is - he totally WOULD unilaterally nuke our enemies, like all those brown countries.

Quit shitting on my dreams ok. I have the football team doing that enough. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

According to a certain flagship Tier One university's alumni..... milley1.png.f8d591bdcd7e6d4eb91c1089d52fa5e4.png

Untitled.png.c8d44901c877c9e0b90d5356c4ccff92.pngMilley3.png.ada88976c8ce0d8420ed6d64b4ac1d69.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe, maybe this could have swayed a handful of Trumpers a couple of months ago (unlikely cuz CNN), but it's almost a non-story now. They jumped off the Milley train when he admonished them for being too cowardly to discuss historical race inequities, and Afghanistan lined up perfectly to throw his white-hating ass on the blame pile. This will just be seen as a sensationalized story to distract people from his incompetence and failures.

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Until more is known, I’m not sure if or how much Milley should be celebrated, given the degree to which he appears to have gotten out of his lane.

I don't know about celebrate, but those people that want to try him for treason need to consider that it's a pretty long line forming due to the events of January 6th.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't know about celebrate, but those people that want to try him for treason need to consider that it's a pretty long line forming due to the events of January 6th.

Don’t think his actions were treasonous and believe he was well intentioned. The failsafe should be our process/system, not some guy acting with dubious authority.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Don’t think his actions were treasonous and believe he was well intentioned. The failsafe should be our process/system, not some guy acting with dubious authority.

chairman of the joint chiefs is not 'some guy' you dumb mother fucker 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, he jacked with the chain of command.  Serious business.  Probably justified, but still serious business.

Not treason, however.

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Oh I don’t think it’s treason and he most likely made the correct call. But fuck him for making us find out 8 months later via Bob Woodward.

Trump couldn't just launch nukes for shits and giggles.  The chain-of-command has to be followed, and various people, including Congressional leaders, have to be notified at various stages.  

Based on what was said about Milley making sure that everybody informed he and the other top generals, most likely Milley was trying to make sure a rogue general that supported Trump couldn't take some shortcuts and skip notifying the DOD leadership, Congress, etc.

The system has a lot of failsafes.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

jacked with teh chain of command? fail safes?

the whole fucking government is broken. the senate doesn't do jack shit. a fucking moron hellbent on nothing but himself was in charge. chain of command? come the fuck on. 

Milley is a goddman hero and gasp - a fucking adult. 

anyway. i thought i ordered you to confiscate all radios.

source.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Constitution isn’t a suicide pact — some SCOTUS guy.  If making sure we spell out the requirement to be deliberate and circumspect when dealing with the use of world-ending arms in the hands of a rapidly deteriorating geriatric is some huge violation of law, it’s the law that is wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Holy shit, just read about the Dan Quayle angle. Holy shit times infinity. This. Fucking. Timeline. 

This right here.  Dan Quayle saving the country is so unrealistic it makes you wonder who is in charge of this timeline and how stoned they are.  I mean Dan Quayle?  The guy that couldn’t spell potato 30 years ago and has not been heard of for decades that I know of and is somehow involved with Jan 6th?  If this was a TV pilot or movie script it would be thrown out for being unbelievably dumb yet here we are.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

chairman of the joint chiefs is not 'some guy' you dumb mother fucker 

From an article titled; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is the Commander of Nothing:

The chairman is the public face of the military, but he is not in the formal chain of command linking the president to his commanders in the field. Dempsey, who is completing four years in the job, has said it reminds him of entering the Army as a lowly second lieutenant.”  
https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2015/07/11/chairman_of_the_joint_chiefs_is_a_commander_of_nothing_108209.html

I’ll see and you one dumb motherfucker and raise five ignorant ass holes for good measure.

Edited by Satchel

I'm a slow learner.  I wasn't completely out on Trump( and those who blindly love him) until James Mattis resigned.

Milley's leadership and service as a Soldier has been badass.  Nothing but respect. Yes he's a politician now, but his background and experience tell me to trust his judgment on these matters.

When people whose opinions you respect start fleeing the situation or 'relationship,' indications are that the other motherfucker is a shitbag, 

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump couldn't just launch nukes for shits and giggles.  The chain-of-command has to be followed, and various people, including Congressional leaders, have to be notified at various stages.  

Based on what was said about Milley making sure that everybody informed he and the other top generals, most likely Milley was trying to make sure a rogue general that supported Trump couldn't take some shortcuts and skip notifying the DOD leadership, Congress, etc.

The system has a lot of failsafes.

Yeah, I'm not sure he really went outside the chain of command so much as kind of supplemented it in a way that perhaps undermined the CINC.

Seems like a UCMJ issue and a pretty serious one, but not much of a civilian offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Even if you take the stance that trump was surrounded by disloyal people, what happened to his bragging about only appointing the best people? He only seemed to appoint disloyal and horrible people in his administration, from his point of view. Did anyone stay on his side the entire time other than his family, Stephen Miller and maybe Betsy deVos? 

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Oh I don’t think it’s treason and he most likely made the correct call. But fuck him for making us find out 8 months later via Bob Woodward.

This. We’ve seen too many of Trump’s enablers trying to rehabilitate their image after the fact. Should’ve gone in front of the media at the time, called Trump out, and resigned. But no, they have to think about their career first. Not what’s best for the country. And they all pat themselves on the back thinking things would’ve been worse if they weren’t there.

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Can anyone confirm?

Confirm what?  That Dan Quayle is 10x the man that Pence and Trump are, combined.  Yes, I can confirm.  After all, I've eaten at Steak 'n Shake with Dan Quayle in FL.

10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

God damn, I thought y'all circle jerked over here. That's some jizz jar royal.

Well you're an idiot so that makes sense. The "circle jerk" over here is made up of people who 20 years ago were about evenly split between voting R, D, and independent.

• Hook 'Em 9

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This. We’ve seen too many of Trump’s enablers trying to rehabilitate their image after the fact. Should’ve gone in front of the media at the time, called Trump out, and resigned. But no, they have to think about their career first. Not what’s best for the country. And they all pat themselves on the back thinking things would’ve been worse if they weren’t there.

The secretary of defense did resign. It is obvious that Milley was not an enabler, as you say.

resigning seems to be your only singular solution, when some people feel that actually serving means standing up for what you think is right. Don’t leave the fight for the next guy…

Edited by slorch