Alabama at Florida - 2:30 CBS

Zeus

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You know that Alabama is still running Sark's offense?

I know that it's Bill O'Brien calling the plays, but he came in and learned Sark's offense and then is calling it like the guy who probably impressed Houston enough to hire him as head coach, without all of the other shit to distract him that. a head coach has to endure.

Also, he is running Sark's offense with the best players in the country against a solid, but not spectacular team. AND he's getting help from the ref.

All that being said...

Last week Sark looked like a regard who won the opportunity to be the OC for a night, but who had no clue how to read a game. THAT bothers me more than BOB running Sark's offense down Florida's throats.

Not to restart this debate, but I don't think the scheme was that bad last week. The players didn't execute it. I posted this previously but if Card is accurate and WRs catch the ball on the 5 obvious screwups alone, he'd have been at like 70% completion, 10 ypa, 1-2 TDs and 0 INT. That's before even considering him not pulling the trigger, not seeing guys, bad blocking, etc.

Bottom line, hard to call plays when your line can't block, your QB can't find his WRs, and your WRs don't catch the ball. I'm more concerned about Sark the HC (prepping the players) than Sark the OC (scheme and playcalling).

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Sometimes, when I really hate myself, I turn on an Alabama football game just to see what having a complete football team would look like. There will never be a machine so well built in CFB than what Saban has done the past decade. 

Complete top to bottom machine. I resent the shit out of em. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

All I’ve been doing since this game started is watching realizing Texas is light years away from this style of physical football. Good Lord.

Yup. Been playing patty cake in the shit12 where no defense exists for too long.

We will be fine once we can get some talent on the OL and DL.

I had the sound off while the sideline reporter was talking to Dan Mullen. I can only imagine this is what he said....

"Susan, I am trying to keep it respectable out here. Bama is kicking the shit out of us, and my QB was pissing down his leg. I asked number 15 if he wanted to go in and he grabbed his hamstring and motioned no. Hopefully we can keep it under 50"

• Haha 2

All I’ve been doing since this game started is watching realizing Texas is light years away from this style of physical football. Good Lord.

Hung with Georgia and LSU just fine when most in that league couldn’t, Alabama included for the latter. Texas absolutely has to get better on the lines but it’s not as dire as the instant reaction from the last game.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Tex-19 said:

Not to restart this debate, but I don't think the scheme was that bad last week. The players didn't execute it. I posted this previously but if Card is accurate and WRs catch the ball on the 5 obvious screwups alone, he'd have been at like 70% completion, 10 ypa, 1-2 TDs and 0 INT. That's before even considering him not pulling the trigger, not seeing guys, bad blocking, etc.

Bottom line, hard to call plays when your line can't block, your QB can't find his WRs, and your WRs don't catch the ball. I'm more concerned about Sark the HC (prepping the players) than Sark the OC (scheme and playcalling).

I mean all you gotta do is look at the Chiefs in the Super Bowl

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

uh cause they've had the same coach this entire time?

I meant despite having different coaching stuff, except for the head guy of course. Other great coaches have those off games from time to time but Saban never seems to have an off game. 

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

uh cause they've had the same coach this entire time?

Except all the coordinators and lower coaches leave and get replaced constantly.

In pro ball it's the Xs and Os

In college it's the jimmys and joes

Alabama is absolutely stacked at every position. Nick does run a tight ship and his coaching hires have allowed his offences to evolve, but it comes down to having all the best players. The line picks up blitzes, QB finds a guy, guy is great in the open field so he can make the first guy miss. Rinse and repeat.

Just now, Wishbone said:

His “off games” are also lopsided victories.

We will never see another coach like him. He is an utter perfectionist who demands perfection every game, every snap. How does one train their mind to stay this focused and driven is beyond me. I am just in awe.