[Game Thread] Owls at Longhorns

immamac

9 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Was at the game and don’t want to crawl way up thread:

Unless I was so drunk I couldn’t see straight (always a possibility)…J’Tavion Sanders was in on several snaps at TE and DE.

Do we think he’ll land at one or the other? Or will he try to be a two-way?

Pretty sure you're confusing him with Jacoby Jones as they both wear #3.   Would be cool if it was him though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Was at the game and don’t want to crawl way up thread:

Unless I was so drunk I couldn’t see straight (always a possibility)…J’Tavion Sanders was in on several snaps at TE and DE.

Do we think he’ll land at one or the other? Or will he try to be a two-way?

Jones is also #3. They are two different players.

59 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

This game was infinitely cleaner then game 1 but both lines need some massive improvements. We will get owned a couple more times this year. 

Top 3 Rice RBs went 20 carries for 118 yards.. that is a big red flag after giving up 333 on the ground last week. 

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

So they picked the wrong qb and line. 

Yeah, this is giving me more pause that anything. BUT, what gives me hope, is that they saw the mistake and fixed it the first time showing they can change.

When people make mistakes and decide not to fix it and hope it works out is the reason Charlie and Herman are no longer here. Sark seems to understand mistakes will happen, but he's correcting them. That's big for a coach to do.

Learn from mistakes, don't continue to make the same ones.

Edited by Droopy
  • Hook 'Em 6

Texas has those speed tracking things right?  I need to know how fast he was going on his TD run and also the punt block.  Getting home lined up that wide was pretty impressive.  Great scheme for his speed there.  It's so refreshing to win on special teams.

3 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Texas has those speed tracking things right?  I need to know how fast he was going on his TD run and also the punt block.  Getting home lined up that wide was pretty impressive.  Great scheme for his speed there.  It's so refreshing to win on special teams.

Do they wear those trackers during games??

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Do they wear those trackers during games??

I thought so...the NFL does, I'm always seeing top speed stuff posted and they have a site for it (and other stats) nextgenstats.nfl.com but maybe they just analyze video and can get top speed that way.

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Just curious did you watch the game or you just cherry picking from the box score?

I watched. I didn’t feel like going through the boxscore to take all the QB running stats out, I don’t even know who they are to be honest, so just grabbed the top 3. I checked because I didn’t think the defense dominated the run, despite the score. 

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I watched. I didn’t feel like going through the boxscore to take all the QB running stats out, I don’t even know who they are to be honest, so just grabbed the top 3. I checked because I didn’t think the defense dominated the run, despite the score. 

I wouldn't say they dominated the run either but I would say they controlled the line of scrimmage. The most bothersome is still the lack of QB pressure. It is essentially non-exist from the defense, not just the line.

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I wouldn't say they dominated the run either but I would say they controlled the line of scrimmage. The most bothersome is still the lack of QB pressure. It is essentially non-exist from the defense, not just the line.

Rice had 32 carries for 144. Even that is 4.5 per with QB sacks. Not exactly controlling the LOS, especially when you adjust for the level of competition, the fact they played most the game without their top 2 QBs, and 2 best WRs were out. If they beat OU with those stats I will celebrate, but vs Rice it is bit concerning for the future 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Rice had 32 carries for 144. Even that is 4.5 per with QB sacks. Not exactly controlling the LOS, especially when you adjust for the level of competition, the fact they played most the game without their top 2 QBs, and 2 best WRs were out. If they beat OU with those stats I will celebrate, but vs Rice it is bit concerning for the future 

I do agree that we have to keep tightening up that Dline and not let opponents average 5 ypc on the run, especially Rice.  Thats how Arkansas runs for 300 yards on you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The stats are skewed due to the lopsidedness of the game being over at halftime. I wouldn't put too much stock in their rushing stats from the second half, they are meaningless. Do we need to be better against the run yes, but there isn't much we can learn from this honestly.

Yeah, this is giving me more pause that anything. BUT, what gives me hope, is that they saw the mistake and fixed it the first time showing they can change.
When people make mistakes and decide not to fix it and hope it works out is the reason Charlie and Herman are no longer here. Sark seems to understand mistakes will happen, but he's correcting them. That's big for a coach to do.
Learn from mistakes, don't continue to make the same ones.
Is it ego that makes people blind to their mistakes? Because the majority of us in the real world wouldn't sit and wait for things to work out in our professional career if you have the means to fix it. Why do coaches get so much more slack....
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

The stats are skewed due to the lopsidedness of the game being over at halftime. I wouldn't put too much stock in their rushing stats from the second half, they are meaningless. Do we need to be better against the run yes, but there isn't much we can learn from this honestly.

It’s quite possible and I am too lazy to check.  I just know that RBs were running for over 5 yards a carry coming into Rice. That is still true. Keep in mind Texas hasn’t played a QB with a heartbeat yet. I hope I am wrong, but I think the defense has a lot of work to do before conference play 

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Jones is also #3. They are two different players.

Figured that was probably the case....54.9 old eyes and all day drinking results in "iffy" eye-witness testimony....plus the in-game program they hand out only shows Sanders as #3.  And I'll swear that they wore the same white arm band with a black stripe on one arm....

32 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Figured that was probably the case....54.9 old eyes and all day drinking results in "iffy" eye-witness testimony....plus the in-game program they hand out only shows Sanders as #3.  And I'll swear that they wore the same white arm band with a black stripe on one arm....

I saw the same thing and noticed the program didn’t have another #3. Could’ve sworn I saw “J. Sanders” on the jersey after one of the defensive plays. 

6 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

See…that photo clarity actually exceeds my vision. I could still make that say “Sanders”

I was thinking the same thing during the game, and the program has Jacoby Jones as #36. But the Jones on the back of the jersey made things pretty clear, then the Sanders on the back TEs jersey further solidified things.

Also, Jett Bush did go in... then was promptly pancaked and injured and didn't play again after that.