[Game Thread] Owls at Longhorns

immamac

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This game was never going to answer the questions facing our team, but even the most optimistic fan would never have predicted 58-0.

It answered the question of whether Casey needs to be the guy as card gets developed throughout the season.  Offense looked notably different when he came in, just like the reverse of last week. 

and not that I’d know but hopefully karic put some shit on film that will earn him earlier snaps. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

So you're wishing for Casey to get knocked out of the game? What a take. 

What? No. I wish to have another QB ready to go in case he gets knocked out of the game. 

What I am wishing for is for Casey to continue to score on just about every drive and wins the Heisman.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

It answered the question of whether Casey needs to be the guy as card gets developed throughout the season.  Offense looked notably different when he came in, just like the reverse of last week. 

Casey has absolutely shown he has some "it" under fire, back to the bowl game and thru 3 games this year.  I have (nearly) zero doubt Sark will screw this up.  

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What? No. I wish to have another QB ready to go in case he gets knocked out of the game. 

What I am wishing for is for Casey to continue to score on just about every drive and wins the Heisman.

I knew what you were saying.  It's amazing some people are so invested with the QB debate.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Casey has absolutely shown he has some "it" under fire, back to the bowl game and thru 3 games this year.  I have (nearly) zero doubt Sark will screw this up.  

Time for bed . . . really bad phrasing on my part.

I think Sark will start Casey until injury or a horrible meltdown forces Card back in the lineup.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is zero reason to NOT trust Casey to be our starter.  

None.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, brakeman said:

It's been awhile since we have seen a blow-out with 2nd and 3rd teamers getting  extensive reps.

hook'e,m.

Getting the blowout is highly underrated for exactly this reason. Live game experience is very valuable for young guys or those who are playing behind an established starter.

Just don’t tell Tom “you only have to win by 1” Herman.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

can Keilan Robinson play slot?  holy shit, get that guy the ball.

There was talk of moving him to slot at Bama, and he was even briefly on the depth chart as slot receiver, but was moved back to RB before he transferred. Not sure if the potential move to receiver was a reason why he moved on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Getting the blowout is highly underrated for exactly this reason. Live game experience is very valuable for young guys or those who are playing behind an established starter.

Just don’t tell Tom “you only have to win by 1” Herman.

Mother-fuckin Tom WHO?

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife looked at me and asked when the last time Texas had this big of a lead, and I didn't have an answer until they said it was something like 2006? Fuuuuuuuck. 

Bijan feasted per usual, Rojo was his bad ass self, Keilan is going to be bad ass, and it was nice to see Brooks show why he was recruited. Worthy is gonna be a legend at some point. I usually take $9.95 shit with a massive grain of salt, but they weren't joking about Worthy. He's legit af. I also don't ever remember seeing Wiley catch a td before, is that his first? Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. 

Casey did what he was supposed to do and that's all we can ask for. He's the unquestionable leader. I feel good with him under center. Wish he gave Whitt more looks, and same with Moore, but is just as advertised. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude is just so bad. Like worse than any we've had before him on some really shitty lines. 

Let’s not go crazy.

Ironically, my Facebook memory from today was a post from 11 years ago: “Britt Mitchell makes Adam Ulatoski look like Anthony Munoz.” The more things change…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2