TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

When my USC friends tell me we were stupid to let Ingram go, I point them to the end of the TCU game. In all fairness, Herman should not have given the ball to a tired Ingram but I was done with Ingram fumbling at key moments of a game. This game always gets under my skin because I feel we should win it going away and yet we keep finding different ways to lose. 
If Sark brings in a new RB coach I'm not sure Ingram makes the 3 deep this year..

And I say that as a huge Ingram fan when he was coming out of HS. (Happened to be at the deathstar and watched his title game performance)

5 minutes ago, ousux said:

If Sark brings in a new RB coach I'm not sure Ingram makes the 3 deep this year..

And I say that as a huge Ingram fan when he was coming out of HS. (Happened to be at the deathstar and watched his title game performance)

UT had a running back transfer to USC for this year? I didn't realize that. TCU's Darwin Barlow also transferred there for this season and I've been meaning to check up on him but haven't yet. 

19 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

TCU is national title or bust every year by the way, have come pretty close a couple times recently too.

image.png.4de884a2ddd7c12e67f085764266d609.png 

high quality GIF

P. S. The ponies aren’t bad, but they don’t have the beef in the trenches that Arkansas does. SMU would keep it close for a half, but Arky would pull away late in the game. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

high quality GIF

P. S. The ponies aren’t bad, but they don’t have the beef in the trenches that Arkansas does. SMU would keep it close for a half, but Arky would pull away late in the game. 

I don't know, I mean the piggies barely beat an aTm team using their backup who is pretty bad and could only put up 10 points on Colorado, so I'm pretty sure piggie and aTm are both overrated right now. 

I guess Thor is partially correct here as the goal is to win the conference first. Then hope that gets you into the playoffs. 

UT had a running back transfer to USC for this year? I didn't realize that. TCU's Darwin Barlow also transferred there for this season and I've been meaning to check up on him but haven't yet. 
Keontay Ingram, he was our #1 RB in 2019. Good runner but had some ball security issues at the worst possible moments. Also dropped an easy pass in the endzone that likely beats LSU same year they won it all.

I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure he makes 3rd in the RB rotation this year, and it's not really a knock on him at all. Bijan, Rojo and Keilan Robinson are playing lights out this year..except for Arky where our line decided blocking was optional.

9 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

high quality GIF

Arky's D line is bigger but the Olines are actually pretty comparable. I do think pig's run game would be a serious problem over the course of 4 quarters. 

1 minute ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

I don't know, I mean the piggies barely beat an aTm team using their backup who is pretty bad and could only put up 10 points on Colorado, so I'm pretty sure piggie and aTm are both overrated right now. 

I guess Thor is partially correct here as the goal is to win the conference first. Then hope that gets you into the playoffs. 

They beat aggy by 2 scores with their starting QB hurt/out for the second half. Spiller broke a big run after getting stuffed all game just to make the score look more respectable. I guess we’ll really see how they handle UGA. 

I would think y’all can Patterson a lot sooner if that was your true goal. Once again, beating the worst Texas teams in CFB history shouldn’t be the only thing keeping him around. 

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

They beat aggy by 2 scores with their starting QB hurt/out for the second half. Spiller broke a big run after getting stuffed all game just to make the score look more respectable. I guess we’ll really see how they handle UGA. 

I would think y’all can Patterson a lot sooner if that was your true goal. Once again, beating the worst Texas teams in CFB history shouldn’t be the only thing keeping him around. 

Jefferson came back in and won the game for them, he only missed a few series. Meanwhile aTm was without their starter the entire game. Not very impressive in my book. SMU would put up 35 on the piggie D easy. 

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

There are certainly plenty of Frog fans asking for him to retire. He has accomplished a lot more at TCU than beating UT a few times however which would seemingly make it difficult for him to get pushed out. Putting up a statue of him while he was still actively coaching was a mistake. Seems to have been a curse. 

Just now, hiphopfroggyII said:

Jefferson came back in and won the game for them, he only missed a few series. Meanwhile aTm was without their starter the entire game. Not very impressive in my book. SMU would put up 35 on the piggie D easy. 

That what “hurt/out” means. I should have clarified… SMU could put up 35 on Barry Odom’s defense, but it would be anything but easy. That would’ve been difficult for us even if we had started the correct QB. Once again we’ll see against UGA. 

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

That what “hurt/out” means. I should have clarified… SMU could put up 35 on Barry Odom’s defense, but it would be anything but easy. That would’ve been difficult for us even if we had started the correct QB. Once again we’ll see against UGA. 

Yea I wish you guys had been starting Thompson to start the year, I feel like we would all have a better idea where everyone currently stands if that had been the case.

image.png.312f731cd1ffad79f8abf2be1fa5b6f3.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Jefferson was barely functional for several of the drives he was in there. Arkansas was moving the ball easily before he got hurt and was limited.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

There are certainly plenty of Frog fans asking for him to retire. He has accomplished a lot more at TCU than beating UT a few times however which would seemingly make it difficult for him to get pushed out. Putting up a statue of him while he was still actively coaching was a mistake. Seems to have been a curse. 

Good likeness thoughimages.jpeg-12.jpg.f2dc84346091d8e573c603fdcfdd99c0.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Isn't the sole reason for every teams existence to beat the other team, spoiling their season?  And to be fair the MWC got us in the Rose Bowl, while the Big 12 could only get us in the Peach bowl. So most of TCU's best memories of recent came while not being in a conference with UT. Not a big loss for TCU really. Being in the Big 12 with UT didn't really do anything for TCU, but it was fun getting the Baylor and TT rivalries back so hopefully we can continue those games. Looking forward to the BYU games also as we had a good rivalry with them in MWC. 

image.png.96b52344a0f51860e89075977d03839d.png

Now you are catching on. This is how to talk shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Yea I wish you guys had been starting Thompson to start the year, I feel like we would all have a better idea where everyone currently stands if that had been the case.

Hindsight is 20/20. We'll know who we really are after the next 2 weeks are over. I don't think any rational mind saw us as a playoff team this season. We just don't have the depth in the trenches. If we go 9-3 and demonstrate a steadily improving trend, I'll be happy.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, it's a variation used by people who don't know any better...

It's true that language evolves, but it's also true that most of the evolution is to make the uneducated feel better.

"Disinterested" has seen the same evolution, and I think the new (and historically incorrect) definition is almost entirely due to sportscasters constantly using it to describe low-energy and low-effort players.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

I thought he'd do great things at UT, but he had some facepalm plays (TCU, LSU) and just sort of fizzled.  Transferring out and starting over again was probably best for everyone.

And it's not like we were left with an empty running back room.  I'd definitely rather see the Robinsons and RoJo get the carries, and the mop-up touches can go to Brooks.  

Jefferson was barely functional for several of the drives he was in there. Arkansas was moving the ball easily before he got hurt and was limited.

And the 4th and 1 play nearing the half was massive. Put KJ on the edge versus running into the strength of the ag defense was poorly thought out. Could have been up 24-0 at the half.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Keontay Ingram, he was our #1 RB in 2019. Good runner but had some ball security issues at the worst possible moments. Also dropped an easy pass in the endzone that likely beats LSU same year they won it all.

I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure he makes 3rd in the RB rotation this year, and it's not really a knock on him at all. Bijan, Rojo and Keilan Robinson are playing lights out this year..except for Arky where our line decided blocking was optional.

Ingram is USC's lead running back right now. Good for him but I agree with everyone who said he wouldn't have made our 3 deep. 

4 hours ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Isn't the sole reason for every teams existence to beat the other team, spoiling their season?  And to be fair the MWC got us in the Rose Bowl, while the Big 12 could only get us in the Peach bowl. So most of TCU's best memories of recent came while not being in a conference with UT. Not a big loss for TCU really. Being in the Big 12 with UT didn't really do anything for TCU, but it was fun getting the Baylor and TT rivalries back so hopefully we can continue those games. Looking forward to the BYU games also as we had a good rivalry with them in MWC. 

image.png.96b52344a0f51860e89075977d03839d.png

I'd fancy my chances with one of these lovely ladies if I didn't look like this guy:

Aziz Ansari Accused of Sexual Misconduct | Vanity Fair

• Haha 2

So my Tuesday Game Week TCU Empathy input is:

we have the running backs where all four of them could contribute a 100 yard, line of scrimmage day.  I believe that Sark senses this too.  Therefore I predict a 4x100 yard day plus whatever Worthy-Whittington and or other receivers and TEs can add.  I sense that this Saturday is the day that we really see the All Gas and Brakes?  What the fuck are they?  Day.

72-17. Texas!

8 hours ago, Fud said:

From a Gary presser this afternoon  Corey Bethley, George Ellis, Khari Coleman, Noah Daniels, Mikel Barkley, all might come back, and Avila "should be fine". Shad Banks, who's 2nd string ILB, might miss the game due to a death in the family. Clark and McCuin weren't mentioned.

Surprise... Surprise 

Miraculous Recoveries on Toad Injuries...  

20 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

So my Tuesday Game Week TCU Empathy input is:

we have the running backs where all four of them could contribute a 100 yard, line of scrimmage day.  I believe that Sark senses this too.  Therefore I predict a 4x100 yard day plus whatever Worthy-Whittington and or other receivers and TEs can add.  I sense that this Saturday is the day that we really see the All Gas and Brakes?  What the fuck are they?  Day.

72-17. Texas!

It will be raining. That's going to keep the score down. I doubt we'll score more than 60.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Aziz probably gets plenty of poon. What's your excuse? 

Dunno if Aziz does or not especially based on that complaint against him - seems he might be a simp in real life.

But in the event he does, my excuse is that I'm not that funny and I don't have nurse money. I suffer greatly from first world problems.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

At least the dance team recruits top 5 classes every year..

Possibly top class and it's not even close. I live on west 7th, the talent is strong on weekend nights.

My cousin played Baseball there and is a big donor. Married one of those pretty little rich girls. He made out like a bandit. Money certainly didn't come from our family. If he wasn't on scholarship he damn sure wouldn't have went to school there.