TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m sure this is true to an extent, but they also only beat Cal at home by 2 before the bye and Cal is absolutely horrible, so it’s not all just them looking ahead. They’re also just not very good, especially their defense. Though it does seem like they’ll be getting some key guys back form injury against us. 

They are going to play their best game of the year against us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You said the predictions are wild because we're 2-7 against TCU in the last 9 games. That means that you believe those games are relevant to this weekend's matchup.

I'm pointing out that citing the 2-7 stat is a stupid talking point that doesn't mean shit. If that wasn't clear.

Also makes him look like a pussy

• Hook 'Em 2

When my USC friends tell me we were stupid to let Ingram go, I point them to the end of the TCU game. In all fairness, Herman should not have given the ball to a tired Ingram but I was done with Ingram fumbling at key moments of a game. This game always gets under my skin because I feel we should win it going away and yet we keep finding different ways to lose. 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We have been unstoppable. The RBs and QB all appear bound for the NFL. This team is determined. If we get by TCU with a 2 or 3 TD cushion, which I think we will, it means we'll do the same thing to OU - and suddenly we'll be a steamroller in the Nat'l spotlight. 

I'll have what she's having.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

When my USC friends tell me we were stupid to let Ingram go, I point them to the end of the TCU game. In all fairness, Herman should not have given the ball to a tired Ingram but I was done with Ingram fumbling at key moments of a game. This game always gets under my skin because I feel we should win it going away and yet we keep finding different ways to lose. 

Your USC friends are stupid if they think Ingram would crack the top 3 in Texas RB room. I wish Ingram the best but FFS there's no room for him with RoJo and the Stepbrothers. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Your USC friends are stupid if they think Ingram would crack the top 3 in Texas RB room. I wish Ingram the best but FFS there's no room for him with RoJo and the Stepbrothers. 

Shit - I'd rather have Brooks than Keontay. Forget the TCU debacle - Keontay put it on the carpet again the next fucking week and probably cost us the OU game. On top of maybe costing us the LSU game in 2019. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Not to mention the 450+ yards taken away by penalties in the FIRST HALF

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Atticus said:

Wasn't sure which to quote. 

Had a bad turnover against Tech and he will be tested even harder against a back to the wall GP in Fort Worth. Casey is good at taking what the defense gives, but this game will test his willingness to avoid doing too much like he did on 3rd and long against Tech. Gotta get at least 3 points in that situation, but I'm sure he'll obsess over that play and a few others and do better next time.

Dude makes one bad play for every 6 TDs...  it wasn't even a bad "play".  it was a bad throw that was the equivalent of a punt... which we did none of.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yup, he's got how many drives now?

Colorado (5 drives, 4 TD and a FG) *scores on 5-5 drives*

1. Robinson runs for 66 yards, Casey hits Moore for the TD

2. 7 plays, 80yds TD pass to Moore again

3. 6 plays, 43 yds, FG

4. 6 plays, 75 yds, TD pass to Bijan

5. 2 plays, 75 yds, 73 yd TD pass to Dixon

Lousiana (2 drives, TD and a FG) *scores on 2-2 drives*

1. 10 plays, 75 yds, TD pass to J Whitt

2. 6 plays, 18 yds, FG

3. doesn't count, just running the ball to run out the clock in a blowout

Arkansas (2 drives, 2 TDs) *scores on 2-2 drives*

1. 10 plays, 75 yds, rush for the TD

2. 14 plays, 75 yds, rush for the TD

Rice (8 drives, 7 TDs) *scores on 7-8 drives*

1. 9 plays, 69 yds, TD

2. threw an interception

3. 3 plays, 80 yds, TD (just running plays this drive)

4. 6 plays, 65 yds, TD

5. 5 plays, 89 yds, TD

6. 5 plays, 62 yds, TD pass to Wiley

7. 5 plays, 44 yds, TD pass to Worthy

8. 3 plays, 84 yds, TD

Tech (9 drives, 8 TDs) *scores on 8-9 drives*

1. 10 plays, 75 yds, TD pass to Bijan

2. 9 plays, 80 yds, TD

3. 12 plays, 75 yds, TD rush

4. 6 plays, 40 yds, TD pass to Worthy

5. 9 plays, 84 yds, TD 

6. threw an interception

7. 2 plays, 7 yds, TD pass to Whitt

8. 6 plays 87 yds, TD pass to Worthy

9. 3 plays 75 yds, TD pass to Worthy

So 

Colorado (5 drives, 4 TD and a FG) *scores on 5-5 drives*

Lousiana (2 drives, TD and a FG) *scores on 2-2 drives*

Arkansas (2 drives, 2 TDs) *scores on 2-2 drives*

Rice (8 drives, 7 TDs) *scores on 7-8 drives*

Tech (9 drives, 8 TDs) *scores on 8-9 drives*

Scores on 24 of 26 drives with 22 TDs and 2 FGs

Really he threw two meaningless picks, but it's a pick for every 11 TDs or every 12 scores. 

Is this good? This seems good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From a Gary presser this afternoon

Corey Bethley, George Ellis, Khari Coleman, Noah Daniels, Mikel Barkley, all might come back, and Avila "should be fine". Shad Banks, who's 2nd string ILB, might miss the game due to a death in the family. Clark and McCuin weren't mentioned.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Some things I saw watching both games on Saturday that should be relevant to this week:

- Duggan has nice pocket presence and can make plays but he can still not hit the broad side of the barn downfield. Especially if he is subject to any sort of pressure. I suppose there's a possibility he starts hitting those throws against us because fuck us we're Texas but he isn't throwing the dimes that Colombi was in the 2nd half against us. He just doesn't have the tools. I'd be shocked if he doesn't hang a couple up there that either get picked or close.

- Zach Evans is a nice back but doesn't seem to be that workmanlike yet - especially behind their OL which seems fairly porous. I'd expect him to have a few nice scampers but he isn't going for 220 on 28 carries or anything like that. 

- Their OL had some nice drives but really started to get worked at the LoS in the 2nd half by a pretty deep and lean SMU DL. Texas' DL is much bigger and should be more talented (though I say that hesitantly). Someone like Collins should really have the potential to shine in this one as the game goes on.

- TCU did the most damage over the middle of the field - but SMU has had some pretty terrible secondary play for big parts of this season - including LBs in coverage. Texas has not been stellar either but I'd kill for Josh or Jerrin Thompson or even Jamison to play for SMU. Let alone DMO or Ovie. 

- TCU's D line is shitty. Like - not good at all. Mordecai evaded pressure well and they rarely stopped any SMU back at the line - with a ton of runs going straight into the 2nd level before contact was even made. SMU and UT probably have comparable O Lines but I'd think UT has a higher ceiling here. I do think SMU run blocks a bit better - but Texas has a better stable of backs and better play calling. 

- TCU still has talent at the 2nd and 3rd levels but they are extremely mistake prone, don't seem to scheme well, and just flat out aren't that disciplined. I'd fully expect fat pat to clean some of that up for our game but I really think if we grind out a couple early drives against them they will fold like a cheap lawn chair and Casey can really take the top off. 

Ultimately - Texas and SMU are fairly similar teams stylistically with similar strengths and weaknesses. They both like to run the ball about half the time (maybe a bit more with Texas) and try to bend not break on D. SMU has a bit more quality at the 3rd and 4th WRs, but has nothing like Texas' 3 headed monster in the backfield - and G. Riley isn't Sark. Mordecai has had a nice year so far but I'd probably take Casey over him in either system. 

On defense - both teams can get hurt through the air but SMU has nowhere near the talent that Texas does - especially at LB. Even Brockermeyer would probably be SMU's best LB. 

It's not like SMU totally ran away with it Saturday but we did show up and win fairly convincingly and expose some major issues with this TCU team. Texas' ceiling is much higher than SMU's - and if they show up and play nasty and focused from the jump I'm not seeing a good result for the frogs. There is nothing to indicate that TCU will be able to keep in check the 30, 40, 50+ yd plays from the Robs and Worthy and even guys like Whitt and RoJo could definitely pants this team. 

This is a road game - and Sark needs to prove that he can handle those - but this isn't Arkansas, this isn't Fayetteville, and this isn't the same Texas team. 

Give me 52-28.

The DL and DB groups for TCU could look very different in this game if Bethel and Khari for the former and Daniels for the latter return. Also, the decline in OL performance that you mentioned coincided with TCU losing their center in the 2nd quarter 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

The DL and DB groups for TCU could look very different in this game if Bethel and Khari for the former and Daniels for the latter return. Also, the decline in OL performance that you mentioned coincided with TCU losing their center in the 2nd quarter 

Good points - it wasn't just their center though. They were getting beat up front across the line pretty consistently - although they still managed a couple good drives and pass protected well (one of them was when SMU had basically resorted to a prevent, though).

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

Corey Bethley, George Ellis, Khari Coleman, Noah Daniels, Mikel Barkley, all might come back, and Avila "should be fine". Shad Banks, who's 2nd string ILB, might miss the game due to a death in the family. Clark and McCuin weren't mentioned.

Yeah, that will make for a much different TCU team than what we’ve seen in previous games if it holds true. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Good points - it wasn't just their center though. They were getting beat up front across the line pretty consistently - although they still managed a couple good drives and pass protected well (one of them was when SMU had basically resorted to a prevent, though).

The center going out made two positions worse at once, while making them worse at protection calls. Their YPP dipped after the injury. Gary claims he should be fine, but we'll see. 

56 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Just wanted to check in and say I couldn't give a shit if Sweaty Gare is or isn't on the hot seat. I want to walk into the stadium on fire and walk out with the win and never think about that team ever again, like we did at the end of the SWC. Fuck TCU and their shitty fans and shitty school. Texas by 24. 🤘

I was pretty happy with Sark's response when asked about the 2-7 recent record with TCU. Something along the lines of "we will be there at 11am, kickoff and play football." I just hope that football looks more like last week than Arkansas.  

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

The center going out made two positions worse at once, while making them worse at protection calls. Their YPP dipped after the injury. Gary claims he should be fine, but we'll see. 

That’s a lot of conditional language.  If they’re back, it might be because GP is rushing them out to help cool his seat and because he hates Texas.  Not because they are fully 100%.

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

The center going out made two positions worse at once, while making them worse at protection calls.

Ah okay - so they shifted someone to C and put in a backup G? 

Some finer stuff evaded me and I was trying to stream the game the whole time and it went out a couple times. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Ah okay - so they shifted someone to C and put in a backup G? 

Some finer stuff evaded me and I was trying to stream the game the whole time and it went out a couple times. 

Yep, and Coker was getting worked at times in the game 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Droopy said:

After seeing his prediction for this game along with the predictions from the staff last week, I feel even better. Thanks, homie.

Here are the KillerFrogs Team Predictions:

Shannon Brazzell, TCU Hall of Fame - TCU 47 - SMU 14     Wrong.

Sean Foushee - TCU 45 - SMU 28 (or 31)     Wrong.

Jack Hasselbeck - TCU 38 - SMU 14     Wrong.

Nathan Hernandez - TCU 38 - SMU 31     Wrong.

Nick Howard - TCU 30 - SMU 21     Wrong.

Barry Lewis - TCU 38 - SMU 27     Wrong.

Adam Shirley - TCU 35 - SMU 28     Wrong.

Ryann Zeller - TCU 38 - SMU 21     Wrong.

Well sure but did anyone pick SMU to win that game? 

• Fuck You 11

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

Dude makes one bad play for every 6 TDs...  it wasn't even a bad "play".  it was a bad throw that was the equivalent of a punt... which we did none of.

lulz this shit again

It was an absolutely terrible play that was more than balanced out by his great play the rest of the game. You don't punt from the 30, man.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Resting Bethley and Daniels against SMU feels like a classic Fat Gare sandbag job. I still don't think they have the horses on defenses, but they're going to score on Texas. Jamison/Schooler/Foster all but guarantees that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Hello friends. Glad to see you are excited to face lil ol TCU. Y'all must be chomping at the bit after last week and the last decade. Good for you guys. 

https://www.si.com/college/tcu/football/big12-matchups-predictions-week-5

Picks every home team with the exception of OU. How bold. 

I only watched a couple minutes of the TCU vs SMU game. Though I did see Duggan throw a deep ball to Q. Johnson in the corner of the end zone that would have been an ESPN highlight reel throw if the DB didn’t tackle the receiver. You got to think they’ll be attacking Jamison.

1 minute ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Very true, SMU is alway prepared for TCU and Patterson has not been able to get his guys ready for the SMU game for years. It is very strange. 

None of us could possibly imagine what it's like to for our team to inexplicably not be prepared for an inferior opponent. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5