TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

Just now, hiphopfroggyII said:

Thanks.

Which is correct chomping or champing at the bit?

The AP says "champ at the bit" is "the original and better form." But, Webster's adds that "chomp at the bit" is a variation.Jun 9, 2016

Yes, it's a variation used by people who don't know any better. Congratulations. I'm sure you call it Daylight Savings Time and misspell judgment, too. It's true that language evolves, but it's also true that most of the evolution is to make the uneducated feel better.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. The quality of our opponent could swing wildly based on if the Center, the two DL, and the Safety can go for TCU. 

Fat Pat will give these guys whatever drug is necessary to get them in this game. He'll ignore whatever injury/Title IX investigation/academic issue is in the way of having his best players available for Texas. This is the single game that keeps his ass employed. Has won jack shit outside of beating Texas every year.

Assume 100% of TCU roster is available no matter how badly hurt they appear to be.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, it's a variation used by people who don't know any better. Congratulations. I'm sure you call it Daylight Savings Time and misspell judgment, too. It's true that language evolves, but it's also true that most of the evolution is to make the uneducated feel better.

I said thanks, sorry for not being a rancher. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Just dropped in to see what condition our condition is in.  SIAP….rain chance Saturday is 90%+.  We can do this!

If I recall correctly, last time we won at TCU was 2013 and we had to deal with a severe weather delay.  Eventually herp-derp'd to a pretty solid win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

“LoOk At Us!!!”

“We’re 7-2 against the worst Texas teams in history!!1!”

I guess you take all the glory you can when you’re a glorified mountain west program.

UT was the higher ranked team and favored in many of those games to be fair, and both UT and TCU are glorified SWC teams. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

UT was the higher ranked team and favored in many of those games to be fair, and both UT and TCU are glorified SWC teams. 

2012: we were favored, but coached by a man who got fired for quitting on the job. We also had our worst DC in school history.

2014-2016: TCU was heavily favored in all 3 games. We were coached by the worst HC in school history. 

2017: TCU favored. Tom Herman’s first year.

2019: Tom Herman special.

2020: Tom Herman and a certain RB that transferred out out hooked y’all up.

No matter the outcome this Saturday you all will be remembered for who you are: the cockroaches. Your sole reason for existence is spoiling other teams’ seasons. Good luck wherever the fuck y’all end up after this shit conference dissolves.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Maybe Patterson will be distracted this week:

https://twitter.com/drewdavison/status/1442940043983605763?s=20

uhq7Li0X_bigger.jpg     Drew Davison    @drewdavison

This didn't sit well with Patterson. "They take a song that you wrote about COVID and getting back to families and they make fun of you. If I had the time, I’d go out and get all the copyright laws and I’d get after their ass but I’ve got Longhorns on my mind right now."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

2012: we were favored, but coached by a man who got fired for quitting on the job. We also had our worst DC in school history.

2014-2016: TCU was heavily favored in all 3 games. We were coached by the worst HC in school history. 

2017: TCU favored. Tom Herman’s first year.

2019: Tom Herman special.

2020: Tom Herman and a certain RB that transferred out out hooked y’all up.

No matter the outcome this Saturday you all will be remembered for who you are: the cockroaches. Your sole reason for existence is spoiling other teams’ seasons. Good luck wherever the fuck y’all end up after this shit conference dissolves.

Isn't the sole reason for every teams existence to beat the other team, spoiling their season?  And to be fair the MWC got us in the Rose Bowl, while the Big 12 could only get us in the Peach bowl. So most of TCU's best memories of recent came while not being in a conference with UT. Not a big loss for TCU really. Being in the Big 12 with UT didn't really do anything for TCU, but it was fun getting the Baylor and TT rivalries back so hopefully we can continue those games. Looking forward to the BYU games also as we had a good rivalry with them in MWC. 

image.png.96b52344a0f51860e89075977d03839d.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Isn't the sole reason for every teams existence to beat the other team, spoiling their season?  And to be fair the MWC got us in the Rose Bowl, while the Big 12 could only get us in the Peach bowl. So most of TCU's best memories of recent came while not being in a conference with UT. Not a big loss for TCU really. Being in the Big 12 with UT didn't really do anything for TCU, but it was fun getting the Baylor and TT rivalries back so hopefully we can continue those games. Looking forward to the BYU games also as we had a good rivalry with them in MWC. 

image.png.96b52344a0f51860e89075977d03839d.png

1 hour ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

My bad. 

image.png.25476694d70af518996b2ac07036715b.png

Can you please stop posting pics of Surly 7's? It's off putting.

2 hours ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

Dang guys I'm getting taken to the woodshed just for showing up? Do you guys not like visitors coming to your site?

It's that yall are next in line of the irate 8 Fuck You and Well.. Bye tour. Shortly from now the Horns shall deliver a rightful ass whooping the likes of which has never been seen before.

We will rape de horses! Ride off on de womens! Then we will prune de hedges and yall can't do shit about it.

6 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

What is a Surly 7? 

I would like to see SMU play Arkansas before the TCU UT game, kind of like the opener for the headliners. I think SMU would take them down. 

image.thumb.png.7b05b7342cbf255d3552cc19fef3ff57.png

TCU can leave their cheerleaders when we depart the conference.  They can hang around and keep us company.

5 minutes ago, hiphopfroggyII said:

What is a Surly 7? 

I would like to see SMU play Arkansas before the TCU UT game, kind of like the opener for the headliners. I think SMU would take them down. 

image.thumb.png.7b05b7342cbf255d3552cc19fef3ff57.png

And if they did, what would it change as far as this weekend’s outcome? Rice played Arkansas close and thought they had a chance against us (44-0 at half). Turns out the transitive property doesn’t work in college football.

And to answer your previous question: Some teams strive to be the spoiler, while other prefer to be the one everyone wants to spoil. It’s a free country and all, so you have your right to enjoy the former. 

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

And if they did, what would it change as far as this weekend’s outcome? Rice played Arkansas close and thought they had a chance against us (44-0 at half). Turns out the transitive property doesn’t work in college football.

And to answer your previous question: Some teams strive to be the spoiler, while other prefer to be the one everyone wants to spoil. It’s a free country and all, so you have your right to enjoy the former. 

I just want to see Arkansas and SMU play this year, you don't think that would be a cool game to watch? Also didn't UH put a beatdown on Rice already this year? TCU is national title or bust every year by the way, have come pretty close a couple times recently too.

image.png.4de884a2ddd7c12e67f085764266d609.png