OU sucks game week.

Wulaw Horn

On 10/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

I could talk a lot of shit here about how OU is a bunch of criminals. We could talk about how the entire ethos of the state and university are  based upon cheating. 
We could spill barrels and gallons of ink talking about how their room temperature IQ, sister fucking, meth addled, trailer park living fan base are essentially human scum and their mere presence in our state for a long weekend is the worst part of living in Texas, but nah I’m not going to do any of that right now. 
I’m merely going to point out that’s it’s 2:40 pm in the great State of Texas and OU still sucks. 

Too many words... just say o.u.....we all understand.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, Bill Lumbergh said:

Haven't watched any ou games this year save for a few minutes of Nebraska.

Much like tcu, they haven't seemed particularly impressive this year, but I expect them to play out of their minds against us. They should, and we should, too.

Ultimately I think it comes down to our ability to scheme receivers open (and have them catch the ball, of course) and our ability to get any pressure on rattler without selling out.

Particularly after our performance against tcu, Grinch will sell the fuck out to stop the run. Everyone knows this. Question is if we can make them pay for that or not.

On defense, I know ou's oline has struggled, but our dline is unlikely to get pressure if we're not blitzing. Rattler is a huge step down for them, but they will carve us up if we let him sit back there for a while like we did against tcu. Their athletes are just too good. Can we find a balance between no pressure and selling out to get consistent pressure?

If we can get pressure without leaving huge gaps in pass coverage and make them pay for stacking the box, I think we can win. If not...

I would like us to get pressure in their gaps ,if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

12 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Every team that’s had success against OU has rushed three and dropped 8 knowing Rattler will get impatient and give up the ball. Bringing extra guys will result in giving Rattler easy, wide open throws. 

This.

Even when the OL has blocked up the opposing DL, Rattler has a tendency to bail from the pocket and self-sack or back up and throw off his back foot. At least two of his picks this year have come with relatively clean pockets and him inexplicably backing up and chucking it to waiting safeties.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

ou defense has been pretty clutch when it mattered at the end of Tulane, NEB, and WV games with an assist from some offensive ineptitude by those three opponents on their late drives. 

Texas just needs to take that out of the equation early and often. 

K State was also very effective against ou on offense.  their undoing was the early fumble and turning it over on downs after a 45 yd drive stalled late.  K state only punted once. ou never punted and only had one drive not end in points with an interception.

When Skyler Thompson's healthy, KState's offense is pretty good. Problem for KState is that he only plays about 4 games a year.

18 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Sitting on the second row and couldn’t really see shit the whole game as a 20 yard run and a two yard run we’re indistinguishable from there

Yes. This part did suck. We were on about the 10th row, so a little better view..like at least to the 45-50. But after that, meh….just a bunch o’ Dudes running around and a lot of noise from the Gooner’s end of the stadium.

18 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

When is the last time any of you successfully executed a $50 handshake at the Cotton Bowl gates? Just curious if it is still a thing.  

I did it in 2007. It’s definitely not a thing anymore. I think there are police at every entrance and it’s 100% electronic etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

When is the last time any of you successfully executed a $50 handshake at the Cotton Bowl gates? Just curious if it is still a thing.  

I did it 3 years ago and gave the security at the side $100 to let me and 6 friends in. I know people that sneak in every year but I usually just watch from somewhere in the fair now so I can get easy access to the food while everyone’s at the game lol

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, Tigersnake said:

I'll be in Portland watching the game with the Texas Exes. I was in Key West watching the Charlie Strong Jerrod Heard win. I was in DC for the Dicker the Kicker Take the Loss Pussy win. And I will be at Ankeny Tap and Table watching OU get gorilla buttfucked and I will be making many rude and derisive comments  toward our meth-faced neighbors.  Fuck the Sooners, win assured, book it motherfuckers, you're welcome.

Is this the normal meeting spot for Portland? I will fortunately be in Dallas for the game but live in Portland and could make some other games possibly 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

When is the last time Texas had an offensive weapon that had the Thieves scared?  2009?

Yes if even that. They respected colt and Shipley but I wouldn’t use the word scared. They shut us down in 2009 but our D gave us the win. Probably Vince in 2005 was the last time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I sure hope we see some creative blitzes from PK and not just dropping 8 every pass play. Since Rattler is having problems with pressure, let’s be sure and give it to him. 

Rattler isn't having issues with pressure, he's actually pretty good when he just starts running and winging it. He has trouble when his initial reads are covered and he has to think.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

I feel like this is the game that Casey Thompson has waited his whole career for. We all know that Casey is a gamer, so my hope is that we get the Fuck you Nebraska James Brown version of Casey on Saturday. I think Sarkisian will scheme a lot more players open this week, break tendency, and give Casey more open looks to get him into a rhythm. I am also calling it now, the deep ball will finally connect this week. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I feel like this is the game that Casey Thompson has waited his whole career for. We all know that Casey is a gamer, so my hope is that we get the Fuck you Nebraska James Brown version of Casey on Saturday. I think Sarkisian will scheme a lot more players open this week, break tendency, and give Casey more open looks to get him into a rhythm. I am also calling it now, the deep ball will finally connect this week. 

I’d take the first game against ou James Brown too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't even have to press play to know what this is. What an game changing moment that was.

I was living in Seattle, so the game started at 9am PT and we'd been drinking at the exes watching since before 8am.

No one was sure how good we really were, but ou had looked unstoppable that year with Bradford.

Starting the second quarter the mood was starting to feel a bit dejected, right up until this play. That bar exploded and I can't imagine the momentum swing felt in the stadium or from the team.

No doubt in my mind that absent one night in Lubbock, that 08 team was the best we've had since Vince, and that return from Shipley might have kicked off the confidence to play like it. What a fucking great game that was
  • Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, quigley said:

Hurt again. It's a loss because he's the best pass rushing DT, but there's depth in the DL for OU.

The losses in the secondary will be more important.

15 hours ago, quigley said:

This.

Even when the OL has blocked up the opposing DL, Rattler has a tendency to bail from the pocket and self-sack or back up and throw off his back foot. At least two of his picks this year have come with relatively clean pockets and him inexplicably backing up and chucking it to waiting safeties.

Thanks for the insight. 

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Gardere Owns OU

FIFY, and for accuracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I don't even have to press play to know what this is. What an game changing moment that was.

I was living in Seattle, so the game started at 9am PT and we'd been drinking at the exes watching since before 8am.

No one was sure how good we really were, but ou had looked unstoppable that year with Bradford.

Starting the second quarter the mood was starting to feel a bit dejected, right up until this play. That bar exploded and I can't imagine the momentum swing felt in the stadium or from the team.

No doubt in my mind that absent one night in Lubbock, that 08 team was the best we've had since Vince, and that return from Shipley might have kicked off the confidence to play like it. What a fucking great game that was

that play is one of about 4 over 25 years of going to the game that epitomize the emotional highs/lows.

The other 3:

Simms hit by flying Roy

Bomar'd

Vince bomb to end the half in 05

• Hook 'Em 2