OU sucks game week.

Wulaw Horn

31 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I don't even have to press play to know what this is. What an game changing moment that was.

I was living in Seattle, so the game started at 9am PT and we'd been drinking at the exes watching since before 8am.

No one was sure how good we really were, but ou had looked unstoppable that year with Bradford.

Starting the second quarter the mood was starting to feel a bit dejected, right up until this play. That bar exploded and I can't imagine the momentum swing felt in the stadium or from the team.

No doubt in my mind that absent one night in Lubbock, that 08 team was the best we've had since Vince, and that return from Shipley might have kicked off the confidence to play like it. What a fucking great game that was

Lake Union Hooters, holla! I was there also..my loser friends were at a wedding in Austin, so I didn't make the trip home to Dallas that year.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yes if even that. They respected colt and Shipley but I wouldn’t use the word scared. They shut us down in 2009 but our D gave us the win. Probably Vince in 2005 was the last time. 

Yeah, no.  OU shut out Vince 12-0 in 2004.  Coming down the ramp, not one person in red was scared of Vince.  Should they have been?  Hindsight is 20/20. 

Vince Young wasn't effective throwing (8-of-23 for 86 yards) or running (16 times for 54 yards).

Young also was sacked three times, twice knocking Texas out of field-goal range, and lost two fumbles. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/242830201

@immamac you going to Lee Harvey's on Friday night?  This would be the 14th Annual Texas/OU Shaggy/Surly happy hour.

i found this in an old Shaggy thread:

October 10, 2008: First Annual Texas/OU Shaggy happy hour at Lee Harvey's. blacklab meets the Dallas Shaggy crew.

October 16, 2009: Second Annual Texas/OU Shaggy happy hour at Lee Harvey's. Texas Pom performs, Derka freestyles and TJ approves, Ank gets really drunk and kicked out.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/59069-Who-started-Shaggybevo

32 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

that play is one of about 4 over 25 years of going to the game that epitomize the emotional highs/lows.

The other 3:

Simms hit by flying Roy

Bomar'd

Vince bomb to end the half in 05

If we can stretch the limit to 27 years, Stonie's goal line stop wasn't too shabby.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I was nervous about Arkansas.
I was nervous about TCU.
I am not nervous about OU.

We could still shit the bed, but I just don’t feel it. I feel like it will be a high scoring affair but Texas wins, close or going away. 

I also feel that, deep down, OU sucks and we’ll prove it again on Saturday. 🤘🏼

Edited by Droopy
OU sucks.
  • Hook 'Em 2

The Bijan Brooks debate is interesting, but the guy who said it all depends on the oline play nailed it.

If we get our arky oline play we’re fucked. Bijan, Earl Campbell, Herschel Walker, Jim Brown, wouldn’t matter.
I think whichever defense doesn't forget to get off the bus will be the difference in this game. Pass coverage has been worrisome for us to say the least. Run D has been great at times and others looked like everyone ran to the nearest opposing blocker..as if it was drawn up that way

Yeah, no.  OU shut out Vince 12-0 in 2004.  Coming down the ramp, not one person in red was scared of Vince.  Should they have been?  Hindsight is 20/20. 

Vince Young wasn't effective throwing (8-of-23 for 86 yards) or running (16 times for 54 yards).

Young also was sacked three times, twice knocking Texas out of field-goal range, and lost two fumbles. 

That was before Mack and GDGD took the cuffs off Vince and let him do his thing..
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

@immamac you going to Lee Harvey's on Friday night?  This would be the 14th Annual Texas/OU Shaggy/Surly happy hour.

i found this in an old Shaggy thread:

October 10, 2008: First Annual Texas/OU Shaggy happy hour at Lee Harvey's. blacklab meets the Dallas Shaggy crew.

October 16, 2009: Second Annual Texas/OU Shaggy happy hour at Lee Harvey's. Texas Pom performs, Derka freestyles and TJ approves, Ank gets really drunk and kicked out.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/59069-Who-started-Shaggybevo

Start the thread. 

12 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I was nervous about Arkansas.
I was nervous about TCU.
I am not nervous about OU.

We could still shit the bed, but I just don’t feel it. I feel like it will be a high scoring affair but Texas wins, close or going away. 

I also feel that, deep down, OU sucks and we’ll prove it again on Saturday. 🤘🏼

Been thinking about all this. I'm gonna cut Sark some slack and say that he kept the TCU game plan pretty basic, because he's saving a bunch of things for OU. Against Rice and Tech, we saw a relentless offense that used a lot of deception and a lot of running backs. What we saw against TCU was a lot more wide sets with a bunch of receivers on plays that by and large weren't successful, and the same basic offense that sucked ass against Arkansas. Not nearly as much play action. Casey was under constant pressure. If Sark thinks he's going to get past OU with that offense, we're all in for a major disappointment.

I thought this Offense was out of the woods, but what we saw last Sat. was anything but relentless. It isn't enough just to hang in there and hope the Defense can slow down OU. It worked for a while against Arky, but only for a while. Casey needs at least five planned keepers/scrambles. Ten would be magnificent. He is the key, not Bijan. He's got to hit the deep ball. If he can get his deep passes down, that's good for 21pts right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That was before Mack and GDGD took the cuffs off Vince and let him do his thing..

Totally agree - the original question was when was OU last scared of someone on Texas offense...just said they weren't scared of Vince after 2004.  Anyways, with the OU defense of the last decade they should have been scared of half the patrons at the damn fair pretty much every game in Dallas over the last 10+ years...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Been thinking about all this. I'm gonna cut Sark some slack and say that he kept the TCU game plan pretty basic, because he's saving a bunch of things for OU. Against Rice and Tech, we saw a relentless offense that used a lot of deception and a lot of running backs. What we saw against TCU was a lot more wide sets with a bunch of receivers on plays that by and large weren't successful, and the same basic offense that sucked ass against Arkansas. Not nearly as much play action. Casey was under constant pressure. If Sark thinks he's going to get past OU with that offense, we're all in for a major disappointment.

I thought this Offense was out of the woods, but what we saw last Sat. was anything but relentless. It isn't enough just to hang in there and hope the Defense can slow down OU. It worked for a while against Arky, but only for a while. Casey needs at least five planned keepers/scrambles. Ten would be magnificent. He is the key, not Bijan. He's got to hit the deep ball. If he can get his deep passes down, that's good for 21pts right there.

If I was OU I would sell out to stop Bijan.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And definitely do NOT feel sorry for anyone in burnt orange, unlike past years.  Finally excited for a real fight and not some bullshit, 'oh noes, we suck...so what... you beat a team that sucks'.  No, this is the real deal.  Very likely rematch too.  LFG

Fuck off you piece of shit dirt burglar. 

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think we purposely did not run Casey against TCU because we wanted to do it in this game. Casey could have run it on several plays last week but didn't. I think that was the plan overall and only in a "need too" situation was he going to do so. It was obvious last week, if you go back and watch us on offense, that Casey was not involved at all in the run game. If I'm right, we should see Casey break off some runs in this game and force OU to spy him. If that happens then the passing game opens up and Bob's your uncle.

48 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

If I was OU I would sell out to stop Bijan.

Which is what we want them to focus on, instead of the fact that Casey is going to run all over their defense. We go 5 wide with Bijan and RoJo on opposite sides, then count 1 mississippi, and go. RPOs, Bootlegs, etc...

28 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

Burnt Ends member? This dumbass actually pays Texas Tight Ends while rooting for OU?
 spacer.png

Much like aggy, no offense @ChiTownDoc you stupid dipshit, sister-loving, windbag 😁, but I'll take his money just like we do for aggy that wants to turn the best logo in the history of, by God, ever that they purchase from their Daddy to turn upside down on various home, office, or farm related implements to make themselves feel better about their inferiority complex/lot in life.

"Just let your HATE flow, like a mountain stream..." - Bellamy Brothers probably

Edited by Droopy
Because I'm fucking pumped and got overly excited.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Where are the various logos on the field in that picture? 

Not sure, but wanted to tell you I'll be bringing my EM21 cigar with me to Dallas and plan on smoking that shit walking out of the Cotton Bowl after our victory. 🤘

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Totally agree - the original question was when was OU last scared of someone on Texas offense...just said they weren't scared of Vince after 2004.  Anyways, with the OU defense of the last decade they should have been scared of half the patrons at the damn fair pretty much every game in Dallas over the last 10+ years...

JC scared the cOck sUckers.

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wrong. The 2005 UT team was so much better than 2004 that even the Sooners could see it through the fog of meth and pretty much anyone whose brain wasn’t totally fried by then knew that Vince and crew were coming to the cotton bowl in 2005 to kick some sooner ass, and kick sooner ass they did. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Whoa whoa whoa - McCoy and Shipley were roommates?!  That’s crazy!  Why didn’t they mention that more in the coverage when they were playing?  I think I read somewhere once that both of their fathers were attending school at the same time, too.  Wouldn’t it be mind-blowing if they ALSO were… no, couldn’t be… if their fathers were roommates too, I’m sure we would have heard about it.

2 hours ago, jwtexan said:

Burnt Ends member? This dumbass actually pays Texas Tight Ends while rooting for OU?
 spacer.png

Lol.  You don’t know me.  But stick around.  Maybe you’ll end up surviving.  Few do.  

edit: maybe someone can clue you in on who mods the board too.  Lol

Edited by ChiTownDoc

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong. The 2005 UT team was so much better than 2004 that even the Sooners could see it through the fog of meth and pretty much anyone whose brain wasn’t totally fried by then knew that Vince and crew were coming to the cotton bowl in 2005 to kick some sooner ass, and kick sooner ass they did. 

Lol. Yeah.  For sure.  They were a year out from 12-0 and had 60 points hung on them by the 3rd quarter in 2 of the 3 prior years.   

But this is beautiful.  The ‘oh noes, our corch sucks’ crying seems over.  The entire board seems to be at TexasPete levels of hate and that’s god damn great.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  You don’t know me.  But stick around.  Maybe you’ll end up surviving.  Few do.  

edit: maybe someone can clue you in on who mods the board too.  Lol

You know how to use the edit button... and claim mod powers? Impressive. Even more impressive that they even teach people how to use the internet from Oklahoma, the land that the government once deemed so useless that they gave it away because surely no one would be stupid enough to try and live there. 

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

That was the moment when I made my infamous “Run through the Roses” at the Victoria Texas Exes watch party. Me and my brothers stopped there to watch the game on our way to Rockport to go fishing. Didn’t know anyone else there. I got so excited by Ships runback I ran through the yard high fiving  everyone and tripped into a bunch of rose bushes. Tore my ass up, had dirt all over my face. I gained some respect for that one. They liked the way I party so we got invited to party with some folks down in Rockport that night. The lady of the house had big tits. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I have to disagree. If Bijan doesn't get 100 yards in this game, we might be fucked. A successful Sark Offense is predicated off of running the ball and play action. Never has a Sark offense been predicated on QB run. Not to my recollection anyway.

17 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I got so excited by Ships runback I ran through the yard high fiving  everyone and tripped into a bunch of rose bushes. Tore my ass up, had dirt all over my face. I gained some respect for that one. They liked the way I party so we got invited to party with some folks down in Rockport that night. The lady of the house had big tits. 

Pics of yah know ???

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1