Jump to content

House of the Dragon


crash_davis

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally watched the last episode.  Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit about dragon-on-dragon violence? It's boring.  Give me man-on-man violence like the Mountain Vs Red Viper or the Mountain vs The Hound.  

This show has had a few of those

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally watched the last episode.  Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit about dragon-on-dragon violence? It's boring.  Give me man-on-man violence like the Mountain Vs Red Viper or the Mountain vs The Hound.  

Not sure why you even started watching a show that's specifically about dragon riders and the lead up to their dragon civil war if this is your perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally watched the last episode.  Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit about dragon-on-dragon violence? It's boring.  Give me man-on-man violence like the Mountain Vs Red Viper or the Mountain vs The Hound.  

Not enough real men on this show though.  Show lacks any badasses worth seeing battle on foot like GoT.  And all we usually get is a post battle show of the dead bodies, even in season 1 we don't get to see Daemon fight crab guy.  So bring on the dragons.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

Someone explain in simple English what the river lands people were saying when they woke up Daemon? Thx.

They were upset about all the terror that the Blackwoods brought to the Brackens under the Targaryen banner. Daemon gave Willem Blackwood free reign to do whatever was needed to make the Brackens bend the knee. Rape, pillaging, etc. 

Edited by Yev Kassem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So that very visual wet dream we all witnessed was Daemon making passionate love to his mother?

 

Daemon after demanding the Bracken's fealty with the threat of dragon fire. LOL

Anchorman GIF

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, F250 said:

So that very visual wet dream we all witnessed was Daemon making passionate love to his mother?

 

Daemon after demanding the Bracken's fealty with the threat of dragon fire. LOL

Anchorman GIF

Oedipus Targaryen

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fell asleep 4 times during that ep.  Didn't have any trippy dreams like Daemon.  How long is he staying there?  There isn't a holiday inn nearby he can check in to.  I know what his goal is at Harrenhal, but all we see him do is eat and sleep. Speed this shit up.

I like the idea of using the small folk to turn on KL. Seeing the dragon head paraded around was not a good idea...shows they are killable and pretty shitty showing off the death of your family's mascot. 

Were Rhaynera/J talking about finding more dragon riders by using Targ. bastards?  

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fell asleep 4 times during that ep.  Didn't have any trippy dreams like Daemon.  How long is he staying there?  There isn't a holiday inn nearby he can check in to.  I know what his goal is at Harrenhal, but all we see him do is eat and sleep. Speed this shit up.
I like the idea of using the small folk to turn on KL. Seeing the dragon head paraded around was not a good idea...shows they are killable and pretty shitty showing off the death of your family's mascot. 
Were Rhaynera/J talking about finding more dragon riders by using Targ. bastards?  
 

I thought the dragon head was a stupid move by Cole, yet shouldn’t he have known the cultural implications of that parade? It’s not like he just flew in from NYC. And no one on the council called his ass out for it.

Daemon has been watching too much porn hub with “stuck” mom.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

 

Were Rhaynera/J talking about finding more dragon riders by using Targ. bastards?  

 

Yes, or any Targ descendants married into other lines.  Could the blacksmith be a Royal bastard, a la Renly ?  They seem to be featuring him a lot, so he's bound to be important to the story, unless they are pulling the old David/Dan fuck the audience ploy.  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing this series seems to do that the other did not was to play up the small folk. GOT never had those storylines unless it directly dealt with one of the main characters like the people killed around Arya. This seems to be a more concerted effort to show the small folk's point of view and I'd imagine how this war breaks for them or impacts them in a way that leads to some form of rebellion. The dad with the sick kid feels like they're setting him up for some form of insurrection. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I assume that guy claiming to be a Targ bastard at the pub will be involved somehow. I don't remember anything about him other than him claiming to be a Targ.

Gendry 2 Dragon Boogaloo 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

One thing this series seems to do that the other did not was to play up the small folk. GOT never had those storylines unless it directly dealt with one of the main characters like the people killed around Arya. This seems to be a more concerted effort to show the small folk's point of view and I'd imagine how this war breaks for them or impacts them in a way that leads to some form of rebellion. The dad with the sick kid feels like they're setting him up for some form of insurrection. 

I'm not a bookfag, but spoilering this in case (it's speculation based on a scene from the OG GoT series):

Spoiler

There's a scene in the OG GoT where they talk about the smallfolk breaking into the Dragonpit and killing dragons (don't remember which season). I think that's the significance of the blacksmith saying "they're just meat" - and all the talk of his wife about having no food. Now the dragons seem less mythical, they know they can be killed, and the small folk are starving. And there's a whole bunch of meat hanging out in the dragon pit. I love me some fried gator and my gator belly boots - looks like most of KL is about to have some fried dragon and dragon belly boots. 

 I do also think the other guy who says he's one of Viseryis's bastards in an earlier episode  may also be someone who can ride one of the wild dragons. Why else introduce him, and then have that scene about someone with Targ blood being found to ride dragons?

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dragon riders.

Spoiler

Y’all are overthinking this. Dragonstone is the Targ ancestral seat and there’s not many women around. Plenty of Targ bastards pulling fishing nets and mining obsidian. I think the Tarly line was a red herring to not spoil next week. 
 

But we’ll see how the show handles it. House Velaryon and Baratheon are the most closely related to the Targs via generations of marriages. 

The Vale being c***y assholes again is is on brand. Rhaenyra is an Arryn on her mother’s side. Their loyalty should never be in question. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Vale being c***y assholes again is is on brand. Rhaenyra is an Arryn on her mother’s side. Their loyalty should never be in question. 


This is how you get 10yr olds still sucking from the tit.

  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Vale being c***y assholes again is is on brand. Rhaenyra is an Arryn on her mother’s side. Their loyalty should never be in question. 

56b2f8e6-fe26-4109-ac39-7193ecfa120a_tex

 

Team Brotherhood Without Banners!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Yes, or any Targ descendants married into other lines.  Could the blacksmith be a Royal bastard, a la Renly ?  They seem to be featuring him a lot, so he's bound to be important to the story, unless they are pulling the old David/Dan fuck the audience ploy.  

Renly? The gay Baratheon? He wasn't a bastard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...