This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Consecutive games where we scored 31 in the first half and 3 in the second. I can’t ever remember such a thing happening before. It really does give both sides ammunition for this ongoing argument.  I don’t know what the answer is and I just have to hope that we keep making progress, as uneven as it may show up. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Consecutive games where we scored 31 in the first half and 3 in the second. I can’t ever remember such a thing happening before. It really does give both sides ammunition for this ongoing argument.  I don’t know what the answer is and I just have to hope that we keep making progress, as uneven as it may show up. 

You’re missing the other data point of 5 games lost where we blow a 10+ point lead. It’s definitely an issue. Sark has second half problems. Yes, the defense sucks. But the offense shutting down in second half’s is a Sark problem. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

This fanbase is an incel.

Texas just beat the #13 ranked team on the road and is 6-3 and bowl eligible in Y2 following 10+ years of failure. And all you stubby fingered message board geniuses can do is bitch and moan.

Newsflash - This program ain't been TEXAS for a long time. The belief that your lazy, fat, couch sitting ass has a better clue on how to run a Tier 1 D1 football blue blood program is laughable. Probably wasting breath, but stop being clowns. At this point, it's just aggy behavior. Be better.

With this attitude charlie would still be the coach here

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

when Kansas State had 1st and 35 and we immediately had the personal foul and Sark put his arm around the guy when he came off the field just really rubbed me the wrong way. There's times to get in a guy's shit and that was one of those times.

Some guys respond to getting their ass chewed like that, some guys take a different approach. Sark wasn’t going to tell him something he didn’t know right then.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Worthy also fumbled on the 1st drive when we had picked up 2 first downs and were driving. Setting up their 1st TD of the 2nd half.

Yeah I’m really mad at Sark for calling the Rojo fumble play too 😡. Is it possible the players actually turtle and choke?. Not happy with our lack of adjustments but last night was on the players missing plays. Ewers has JWhit for 6 and misses seeing him. Worthy’s lackadaisical ball security They are college football players. They do stupid stuff a lot. Much better effort than I’ve seen in 10 years…check that…since Mack “quit” in 2011. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Texas just beat the #13 ranked team on the road and is 6-3 and bowl eligible in Y2 following 10+ years of failure. And all you stubby fingered message board geniuses can do is bitch and moan.

Newsflash - This program ain't been TEXAS for a long time. The belief that your lazy, fat, couch sitting ass has a better clue on how to run a Tier 1 D1 football blue blood program is laughable. Probably wasting breath, but stop being clowns. At this point, it's just aggy behavior. Be better.

It seems perfectly reasonable to:

a) be happy about a road win against a top 15 team

b) be concerned about the same problems popping up that prevent this team from consistently playing good football.

Some things will have to change in order for this team to win consistently.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

agreed.  the defense is by far the bigger issue.  what did they say tonight, we're 90th in the country in 3rd down conversion success??  fucking horrible.  the defense is on the field all the fucking time because they can't get off of it.

3rd and Longhorn has become a thing. For years and years. Cost us the LSU game 2019, numerous other games by extending drives that were doomed. We also have committed penalties (usually DBs) that extended drives for 10+ years. Chykie Brown literally made a (bad) career of it. Anyway, the schemes matter, play calls matter, but we gotta get mentally and characterologically tougher to become champions again. It’ll be hard during NIL transition, but some teams will do it. Believe it will be us! 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Yeah I’m really mad at Sark for calling the Rojo fumble play too 😡. Is it possible the players actually turtle and choke?. Not happy with our lack of adjustments but last night was on the players missing plays. Ewers has JWhit for 6 and misses seeing him. Worthy’s lackadaisical ball security They are college football players. They do stupid stuff a lot. Much better effort than I’ve seen in 10 years…check that…since Mack “quit” in 2011. 

and he tries to get Billingsley on the field and he jumps, 1st and 15, tries to get Red on the field and he jumps, 1st and 15. Kansas State has 1st and 35 and 1st play we get a personal foul, Sark has to be better but our players have got to get their heads out of their ass.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Aggy is supporting the team blindly and personally ridiculing anyone who doesn’t agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTJ1982 said:

Think I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.  He's in his second season now and the team is still collapsing in the second half and his play calling is so predictable in second halves.  If I'm guessing the play at home any competent D-coordinator can guess as well.  He also has no sense of game management.  If you are going to have conservative or bad play calls why are we rushing every play when we have the lead and the clock is our greatest ally.  He needs to realize he is the head coach of the entire team and not the OC.  Hate to be down after a win but we should have won going away and threw away two games this year to teams that have been destroyed by other teams after beating us.  

Gosh. Maybe arrogant lil Herman was wrong? Maybe momentum IS a real thing! Maybe these bitchass teams throw their who,e world at us to win …. And having won their “mini-bowl game” they come back to earth. Maybe our guys beat a hurting osu team up so juicy they got crushed by, wait for it, the team we beat last night. On the road. At night. And they are extremely well coached and, for you “disciples fans out there, very disciplined. We beat them. Enjoy it, until CDC calls y’all to come coach. I pay my money, and have the right to bitch too. But some of y’all need to get a fucking life! Surly should surly but have some fun with it. You sound like this year’s Democrats. Uh oh. 😳. I know. I’ll go sit by myself in the CR. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It seems perfectly reasonable to:

a) be happy about a road win against a top 15 team

b) be concerned about the same problems popping up that prevent this team from consistently playing good football.

Some things will have to change in order for this team to win consistently.

Bingo. 

Gosh. Maybe arrogant lil Herman was wrong? Maybe momentum IS a real thing! Maybe these bitchass teams throw their who,e world at us to win …. And having won their “mini-bowl game” they come back to earth. Maybe our guys beat a hurting osu team up so juicy they got crushed by, wait for it, the team we beat last night. On the road. At night. And they are extremely well coached and, for you “disciples fans out there, very disciplined. We beat them. Enjoy it, until CDC calls y’all to come coach. I pay my money, and have the right to bitch too. But some of y’all need to get a fucking life! Surly should surly but have some fun with it. You sound like this year’s Democrats. Uh oh. . I know. I’ll go sit by myself in the CR. 

What in the texaggy fuck did I just read?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You’re missing the other data point of 5 games lost where we blow a 10+ point lead. It’s definitely an issue. Sark has second half problems. Yes, the defense sucks. But the offense shutting down in second half’s is a Sark problem. 

Not missing it at all. Definitely part of a larger pattern that has been taken to an almost absurd extreme the last two weeks. You also can’t dismiss Sark’s ability to build those leads in the first place.  That’s what I meant when I said both sides of have a lot of ammunition for this message board argument. 

Personally, I’m not sold on the guy yet. He’s doing so much right off the field and draws up great game plans, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team perform this consistently poorly in second halves and the statistics back that up. It’s a real problem, and possibly a fatal one for Sark. I just have to hope if we accumulate enough talent and start to eke out some of these games like last night, Sark and his team will eventually get better at it. We ain’t firing the guy for another 2-3 years, so I’ll prefer to take the path of hopeful optimism(except during game threads). It won’t last forever. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Gosh. Maybe arrogant lil Herman was wrong? Maybe momentum IS a real thing! Maybe these bitchass teams throw their who,e world at us to win …. And having won their “mini-bowl game” they come back to earth. Maybe our guys beat a hurting osu team up so juicy they got crushed by, wait for it, the team we beat last night. On the road. At night. And they are extremely well coached and, for you “disciples fans out there, very disciplined. We beat them. Enjoy it, until CDC calls y’all to come coach. I pay my money, and have the right to bitch too. But some of y’all need to get a fucking life! Surly should surly but have some fun with it. You sound like this year’s Democrats. Uh oh. 😳. I know. I’ll go sit by myself in the CR. 

Kindly keep CR garbage in the CR. Arguing passionately about sports is an escape from that trash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Not missing it at all. Definitely part of a larger pattern that has been taken to an almost absurd extreme the last two weeks. You also can’t dismiss Sark’s ability to build those leads in the first place.  That’s what I meant when I said both sides of have a lot of ammunition for this message board argument. 

Personally, I’m not sold on the guy yet. He’s doing so much right off the field and draws up great game plans, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team before this consistently poorly in second halves and the statistics back that up. It’s a real problem, and possibly a fatal one for Sark. I just have to hope if we accumulate enough talent and start to eke out some of these games like last night, Sark and his team will eventually get better at it. We ain’t firing the guy for another 2-3 years, so I’ll prefer to take the path of hopeful optimism(except during game threads). It won’t last forever. 

Fair enough. I can’t do that, but I find your stance to be reasonable.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday we got the ball 5 times in 2nd half.

1 - fumble by Worthy.

2 - moving ball, stalled after false start penalty on 1st down

3 - stalled after false start penalty on 2nd down

4 - drove field for FG.

5 - stuffed by KSU defense

Self inflicted penalties and a fumble kept the offense for getting going yesterday in 2nd half against a good KSU defense.

Players and Sark are definitely playing tight in 2nd half and the results are magnified mentally.

• Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yesterday we got the ball 5 times in 2nd half.

1 - fumble by Worthy.

2 - moving ball, stalled after false start penalty on 1st down

3 - stalled after false start penalty on 2nd down

4 - drove field for FG.

5 - stuffed by KSU defense

Self inflicted penalties and a fumble kept the offense for getting going yesterday in 2nd half against a good KSU defense.

Players and Sark are definitely playing tight in 2nd half and the results are magnified mentally.

Steve Sarkisian is a fucking loser. We learned that last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

The Worthy fumble was huge. Quinn had extended the play with his legs and finally finds a guy rather than having to dump it off to a coach on the sidelines. We finally have the elusive early second half third down conversion to build momentum and then…bam they have the ball inside our 30.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

The Worthy fumble was huge. Quinn had extended the play with his legs and finally finds a guy rather than having to dump it off. We finally have the elusive early second half third down conversion to build momentum and then…bam they have the ball inside our 30.

Indeed, that and the RoJo fumbles were examples of the other guys making a big play having a say in the outcome.

Sark is a two headed monster. Jekyll and Hyde.  First half all gas second half conservative Steve.  The second half his nuts were drawn up so tight he was almost gargling himself. 
We need a Vince Young type move where a player comes up to him and says hey we got this let those nuts hang and let’s fuck up this defense. 
This conservative play calling in the second half has to end almost cost us another game.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why are you the way you are? Did you have a retort to his perfectly reasonable post? Did you disagree with any of it? Can you articulate why?

An aggy that looks like he sleeps under a bridge running this board is one of the stranger parts of this simulation.

Why are you here then?   We’re making fun of personal appearances now?

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Ah the fumbles. Let’s talk about those. One coaching staff had properly paid attention to details and ensured its players executed a proper ball stripping technique in the open field.

The other coaching staff constantly had players holding the ball with the improper technique, allowing for the defense to strip the ball. Hell, go look at many of Bijan’s carries. There were several plays where he was holding it away from his body. Texas is lucky they didn’t lose 1 or 2 more.  Attention to details. 

I don’t know man- there’s a large large large body of literature that says fumble recovery is just basically dumbass luck. We’ve been absolutely dogshit (or unlucky) this year at that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

While I agree that teams are selling out to stop the run, I do think that this is who Sark wants us to be offensively.  Jump that ass early and then pound them into submission late.  That's the strategy, that's the....."Bama way" (when things are rolling).  The problem of course is the Oline isn't really there yet for that strategy.  You watch Georgia yesterday.  Tennessee KNOWS they are running, is aligned for it....can't stop it consistently.  That's where we WANT to get, we are not there yet.  So the question becomes how much do you deviate from that, or do you keep exhorting guys that this is our offensive identity and we are going to continue to develop it, through the pains etc.  

Personally I like winning, wish we would mix in more RPO, crafty SHORT/INTERMEDIATE play action etc, but I do sort of understand the impulse.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Here’s that insane logic again…

if LSU had kept the Ogre, they’d have the same results.

That’s what you’re saying, and it’s UTTERLY LUDICROUS and NO ONE BUYS IT.

They have different personnel than when the Ogre was there. However, you know what's really funny? Ed Orgeron went 15-0 in the SEC and you make it seem like it's unthinkable that he could win again. 

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

While I agree that teams are selling out to stop the run, I do think that this is who Sark wants us to be offensively.  Jump that ass early and then pound them into submission late.  That's the strategy, that's the....."Bama way" (when things are rolling).  The problem of course is the Oline isn't really there yet for that strategy.  You watch Georgia yesterday.  Tennessee KNOWS they are running, is aligned for it....can't stop it consistently.  That's where we WANT to get, we are not there yet.  So the question becomes how much do you deviate from that, or do you keep exhorting guys that this is our offensive identity and we are going to continue to develop it, through the pains etc.  

Personally I like winning, wish we would mix in more RPO, crafty SHORT/INTERMEDIATE play action etc, but I do sort of understand the impulse.

If we had a pass rush none of this would be a concern. We would get up on teams early and then sack and turn them over. The lack of pass rush is the real problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

If we had a pass rush none of this would be a concern. We would get up on teams early and then sack and turn them over. The lack of pass rush is the real problem. 

This is also accurate.  The lack of any competency on the edge is the real killer of this team overall.  

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Speaking of….how would you like being the farmers about now.  

34 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What about the toss sweep to the short side of the field on 3rd and long late in the 4th quarter? 

The play was set up to put Bijan 1 v 1 with a corner in space if CJ had blocked the overhang safety.  CJ blocking the overhang safety though was a fatal flaw, since he knew who was getting the ball.  That guy and the rest of their team was sprinting straight for Bijan at the snap.   I know Sark has plays where Bijan is a decoy.  Most involve Keilan or Sanders.  Would have been a great time for one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

The play was set up to put Bijan 1 v 1 with a corner in space if CJ had blocked the overhang safety.  CJ blocking the overhang safety though was a fatal flaw, since he knew who was getting the ball.  That guy and the rest of their team was sprinting straight for Bijan at the snap.   I know Sark has plays where Bijan is a decoy.  Most involve Keilan or Sanders.  Would have been a great time for one. 

and if it didn't work no one would be calling Sark a fucking loser for not putting the ball in Bijan's hands.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Steve Sarkisian is a fucking loser. We learned that last night. 

I missed 95% of the game and tuned in for the final offensive drive (not including the kneel down ). On third down, they panned to Sark who had this pathetic look on his face as if he knew what would happen before the snap. Kansas State shows a loaded box with double safety run blitzers. A running play was doomed but we decided to run a simply toss to Bijan anyway. Jones misses his block but it didn’t matter.  For all of his genius as a play caller to attack tendency, Sark just telegraphed his play and didn’t care. 

We won thank God but the head coach istill coached the second half like a loser. It’s fair to be happy we won and also be concerned about the psyche of our coach in the second half. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

I missed 95% of the game and tuned in for the final offensive drive (not including the kneel down ). On third down, they panned to Sark who had this pathetic look on his face as if he knew what would happen before the snap. Kansas State shows a loaded box with double safety run blitzers. A running play was doomed but we decided to run a simply toss to Bijan anyway. Jones misses his block but it didn’t matter.  For all of his genius as a play caller to attack tendency, Sark just telegraphed his play and didn’t care. 

We won thank God but the head coach istill coached the second half like a loser. It’s fair to be happy we won and also be concerned about the psyche of our coach in the second half. 

I'm completely out on Sark and nothing will change my mind about it. Winning with the talent advantage he has by not losing is why he will never do anything great. I want to believe he can pull his head from his ass, but at this point I don't think he can without some serious outside help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The best sign of a good coach and staff is measured improvement from week to week and year to year. Yesterday's win was ugly but important. A 3-0 finish would be a strong sign of improvement. An 0-3 finish would pretty much guarantee a DC or DB coach change is necessary. I hope PK gets it figured out, but I'm skeptical. Sark should be able to get continued offensive improvement, but then we've been talking about these 2nd half disappearing acts for awhile.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I'm completely out on Sark and nothing will change my mind about it. Winning with the talent advantage he has by not losing is why he will never do anything great. I want to believe he can pull his head from his ass, but at this point I don't think he can without some serious outside help. 

Oh snap, your previous post was serious.

my bad.

I kinda think Sark has the humility to make the changes he needs to make. 

We’ll see.

A bit of a catch 22 down the stretch but if we won out while making the same mistakes, there is less incentive to make changes. Potentially lose out or otherwise sputter down the stretch and we would have a coach on the hot seat trying hire a 1-2 year mercenary at DC with a recruiting class that starts to unravel.