Stop being such fucking pussies

immamac

23 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm pissed, I'm not at all happy with what has gone down the last 2 weeks. I'm disgruntled at the fact that we have had 2 similar 2nd half collapses which led to losses in games that were wins. I'm disgusted with the pathetic excuse of an offensive line. 

That doesn't mean I'm shutting the site down. That doesn't mean we aren't going to have a tailgate for Kansas and Kansas state. That doesn't mean we are going to stop paying players. 

Get your shit together and stop embarrassing yourselves. 

Even though it has been a while now reading that we aren't going to stop paying players in an un-ironic message still gives me tingles.

Ah, The tried and true  “stop being pussies!” and “no bitchassedness!” argument. The pinnacle of Texas football discourse. It’s been wrong every week for a decade, but hey this time it’s going to be different.  virile masculinity I project onto a message board will surely matter this time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Ah, The tried and true  “stop being pussies!” and “no bitchassedness!” argument. The pinnacle of Texas football discourse. It’s been wrong every week for a decade, but hey this time it’s going to be different.  virile masculinity I project onto a message board will surely matter this time.

Username ✔

7 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

D97FC0A1-7BC2-4A93-9AE3-DE35834D2F01.gif

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Now I wanna tell you a story. I'm gonna ask ya'all to close your eyes while I tell you this story. I want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to yourselves.

This is a story about a football coach taking on the head job at the flagship university of the 2nd largest state in the Union. I want you to picture this football coach.

Suddenly a bus races up. The Arkansas Razorbacks jump out and call the hogs. They drag his pathetically talented offensive line into a nearby field and continually push their shit in with a 3 man front, and then they rip the freshman QBs clothes from his body. Now their running backs climbs on, first one then the other, then the other…… then the other, raping them, shattering everything innocent and pure -- vicious thrusts -- in a fog of drunken breath and sweat. And when they're done, after they killed any shred of dignity his team had, murdered any chance for them to go to the CFP, to have the oddly magical season so many of their delusional fans thought was possible, they decide to turn them over to their meth addled hillbilly friends to the west for target practice. So the hillbillies start throwing counters and punt passes at them. They throw 'em so hard that it tears the flesh of his team’s unathletic defense all the way to their bones -- and then they storm the field.

Now comes the Cowboys for a hanging. They have a rope; they tie a noose by letting his team get out to an early 14 points lead. Imagine the noose pulling tight around his neck as again his scheme just can’t counter-balance the holes his offense and defense has for four full quarters of football. The team and its fans are pulled into the air, their feet and legs go kicking and they don't find the ground. The hanging branch isn't strong enough. It snaps and the team falls back to the earth for a bye week.

Can you see him? His team raped, beaten, and broken by crushing losses, soaked in their collapses, soaked in their failures, soaked in their blood -- left to die.

Can you see him? I want you to picture that football coach.

Now imagine he’s Urban Meyer.  

This is not getting enough love, solid movie.

On 10/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, sportsbay said:

We all know this.  I guess you weren't around for the 80's and 90's.

The 80's and 90's weren't as bad as this current run of mediocrity.  

In 1983 we were a muffed punt away from a probable national title.  We won 5 conference championships in the 80's and 90's, more than twice the amount we've won since including our good years under Mack. Akers, McWilliams, and Mackovic all won at least 1 conference title.  We're now 12 seasons and 3 coaches removed from a conference championship.  Don't get me wrong, those years sucked overall -- but there was at least an occasional highlight mixed in with the bad.

Losing really doesn't affect me as much as it used to.  The final years of Mack were rough after years of really high expectations and results, but by the last couple of years of Charlie Strong's tenure I became pretty numb and used to losing.  Winning big games like Georgia and OU in 2018 still feels amazing, but losing doesn't emotionally ruin my weekend the way it might have when I was younger.  When OSU scored the go ahead touchdown this weekend I just got up, shook my head, felt bad about it for about an hour, and moved on.  I don't understand how so many have the energy to spend the entire weekend melting down on this board after a loss. 

Edited by Tom

In 1983 we were a muffed punt away from a probable national title.  We won 5 conference championships in the 80's and 90's, more than twice the amount we've won since including our good years under Mack. Akers, McWilliams, and Mackovic all won at least 1 conference title.  We're now 12 seasons and 3 coaches removed from a conference championship.  Don't get me wrong, those years sucked overall -- but there was at least an occasional highlight mixed in with the bad.
Losing really doesn't affect me as much as it used to.  The final years of Mack were rough after years of really high expectations and results, but by the last couple of years of Charlie Strong's tenure I became pretty numb and used to losing.  Winning big games like Georgia and OU in 2018 still feels amazing, but losing doesn't emotionally ruin my weekend the way it might have when I was younger.  When OSU scored the go ahead touchdown this weekend I just got up, shook my head, felt bad about it for about an hour, and moved on.  I don't understand how so many have the energy to spend the entire weekend melting down on this board after a loss. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Tom said:

What troubles me over the last 10+ years is we have been conditioned to the beatings and disappointments we have had. We have sucked—end of story, period. Each year we drink the Kool-aid to some degree and hope for the best. We are only disappointed and pissed at the end of it all (And the booze drinking begins before, after, and to kill the pain).

To top it all off, it gives me the aggie feel of, we have been reduced to looking at the blowu game as the bench mark each year. We are Texas. We must regain our mindset of looking beyond that game. Yes I want to win it. Yes I expect to win it. We must strive higher than that game for our season. 

We have just entered into a downward spiral that I look forward to spinning out of quickly.

If Sark is not our man, then next man up and let’s fucking WIN............................

On 10/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, TheAuditor said:

Outlier?  I don't think you understand how football works.  Other than AL how good has any other team been?  Oklahoma has been good in our little pond.  who else?  We have 1 national championship and 1 national champ game appearance since the turn of the century.  Tell me the 25 teams better than that.  yeah we've sucked since 2010, so have a ton of other teams.  Fuck,  Georgia hasn't won dick in forever.  Aggie?  They have sucked ass for almost 100 years.  Fuck you. 

image.gif.99c2797c007d02674a13d480bd353fed.gif

On 10/17/2021 at 10:54 AM, sportsbay said:

While I too hailed the move to the SEC, I have come to terms that the future will be more of the same, if not worse.  If I, as a Texas graduate, am going to continue to follow Texas football, there are some terms that have to be accepted and understood.

1.  Texas will not be good in the SEC at football.  It's taken Arkansas 3 decades to get close to .500 ball in the SEC, Texas will be the same.

2. Teams like OSU, Tech, and TCU in the Big 12 will have a better chance at making the playoff most years than Texas while in the SEC.  

3. Our Athletic Department does not understand and will not do what it it requires to win at the sport of college football.

4. The amount of money created by the move to the SEC will remedy short term accounting needs for our AD but long term viability is cloudy at best.

5.  We will be really good at non revenue sports and I believe that Texas basketball has some great potential.  Baseball looks good too but football...... well moral victories are going to be the name of the game.

We are going to have to accept that winning on the field is not everything and that financial dominance is everything.  Even if it's your wallet that is the engine.  

We'll get them next year!!!

As a life-long Alabama fan, let me tell you this is wrong. Arkansas is incomparable to Texas. You have money and access to recruits. Arkansas has pig shit and a few ponds. Just look at Texas A&M. Texas will easily adapt to the new league and will increase it level of play accordingly. Have faith in your institution. In five years you will roll out a war machine that will bludgeon teams to death at the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:01 AM, Horn Dogg said:

It’s also not time to declare us as the next Nebraska/Michigan/Tennessee/etc....  

Michigan has been a better program than Texas since 2009.  Michigan has been an 8-4 program (deflated by 2-4 COVID season) while Texas has been a 7-5 program (inflated by 7-3 COVID season).  Michigan has had 4 10-win seasons and Top-15 finishes (11, 15, 16, 18) while Texas has had 1 (18).  Michigan has had 2 losing seasons while Texas has had 4. Texas has been actually closer to Nebraska than Michigan since 2009 although Nebraska has had 6 9-win seasons during that period compared to Texas' 2.

There is no bigger joke in college football right now than Texas.  It is what it is.