Stop being such fucking pussies

immamac

25 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Texas will never be good at football again. I accepted it 7-8 years ago, is what it is.

And that is pretty fucking pathetic. The flagship school in a state as rich with high school talent as we have. OU has zero issues coming here to get talent and taking it back up there and succeed. Alabama gets players from here. I get programs go in cycles (see Alabama) but over a decade is turning into more than just a cycle. And there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Since 2009, we have made the Big 12 championship game one single time. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And that is pretty fucking pathetic. The flagship school in a state as rich with high school talent as we have. OU has zero issues coming here to get talent and taking it back up there and succeed. Alabama gets players from here. I get programs go in cycles (see Alabama) but over a decade is turning into more than just a cycle. And there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Since 2009, we have made the Big 12 championship game one single time. 

It's also wrong. Texas will win another national championship before you expect it.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

the next two games are going to define the story of this season.  overall, the only way this season can be sold as a positive is if we win out and finish the regular season 9-3.  8-4 is pure meh and anything worse is a disaster.  but i have serious doubts that this team is going to be able to go into either waco or ames and win, let alone win in both places.  

yesterday was a disaster and, i fear, is going to directly lead to a much different outcome to the season and overall perception of the program than what we thought possible at this time yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

the next two games are going to define the story of this season.  overall, the only way this season can be sold as a positive is if we win out and finish the regular season 9-3.  8-4 is pure meh and anything worse is a disaster.  but i have serious doubts that this team is going to be able to go into either waco or ames and win, let alone win in both places.  

yesterday was a disaster and, i fear, is going to directly lead to a much different outcome to the season and overall perception of the program than what we thought possible at this time yesterday.

Um, don't forget Morgantown.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's also wrong. Texas will win another national championship before you expect it.

I guess you could be right but even in Mack's years, it took him how long? And even with that title, you could see it building. We had very good teams leading up to 2005. We just could never beat OU. That title was not really out of the blue as the year before, we won the Rose Bowl and had VY under center. 

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Exactly. I did not go to UT because of football. I went there for academics. I am way to proud of everything our school accomplishes to turn my back. 

Hook Em and Fuck Oklahoma. 

thank you for the perspective. granted i last attended 25 years ago...but you're 100% correct, football had literally nothing to do with why i chose UT 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

We all know this.  I guess you weren't around for the 80's and 90's.

I don't give a shit about the 80s and 90s while we are in the year 2021 and we have sucked for now 11 or 12 seasons. 

But I guess "We're Texas", whatever the hell that even means anymore. A national punchline to where even aggy makes fun of us?

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't give a shit about the 80s and 90s while we are in the year 2021 and we have sucked for now 11 or 12 seasons. 

But I guess "We're Texas", whatever the hell that even means anymore. A national punchline to where even aggy makes fun of us?

Does that really bother you? We make fun of everyone. That's the fun of it.

What's worse, having a crummy football team or being aggy?

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Exactly. I did not go to UT because of football. I went there for academics. I am way to proud of everything our school accomplishes to turn my back. 

Hook Em and Fuck Oklahoma. 

*too

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
I’m late too the party

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm pissed, I'm not at all happy with what has gone down the last 2 weeks. I'm disgruntled at the fact that we have had 2 similar 2nd half collapses which led to losses in games that were wins. I'm disgusted with the pathetic excuse of an offensive line. 

That doesn't mean I'm shutting the site down. That doesn't mean we aren't going to have a tailgate for Kansas and Kansas state. That doesn't mean we are going to stop paying players. 

Get your shit together and stop embarrassing yourselves. 

Who are you calling pussy, pussy! 😂

I'm pissed, I'm not at all happy with what has gone down the last 2 weeks. I'm disgruntled at the fact that we have had 2 similar 2nd half collapses which led to losses in games that were wins. I'm disgusted with the pathetic excuse of an offensive line. 
That doesn't mean I'm shutting the site down. That doesn't mean we aren't going to have a tailgate for Kansas and Kansas state. That doesn't mean we are going to stop paying players. 

I will admit to not reading much of the board since the game ended. So who are the people saying this? Or are you just doing a preemptive strike, jumping to conclusions? Is this supposed to be some type of motivational speech? Are you saying Surly needs to 'Cowboy the fuck up'? If so, you might need to get some tips from Bill in Sinton.
96ad948578f4c0530a2b18c0a695d1d1.gif
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Texas will be good when it has a good coach. Texas will be mediocre when it has a mediocre coach. I don’t know which Sark is yet - I think you typically know after year 2 what the coach is.

There are 6 programs in college football that have a more recent national title than Texas. 

This right here. Texas still has a lot of built in advantages especially with NIL, and it sounds like the admin is starting to get serious about football and what it takes to win.

Sark may or may not be the guy. Too soon to say. This was always a rebuild year (95th in returning production) and first year coaches never do great. Obviously the season is going worse than we hoped, but we're just a few plays from being 6-1 with two wins over top 15 teams. The glass half full view = this is probably a top 15 team if you just fix the OL that Sark inherited and show slight improvement on D (also stop getting screwed by refs). 

13 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Same. Still have PTSD from Astronomy 301. 

10 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

And you thought you were going to be looking at planets through a telescope,lol.  Same here.

omg the math! and physics! and chemistry! 🤣😐 i never worked so hard for a gotdamn C lol 😄

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Lost two close games to two top 10 teams.  If you think about it that way it doesn’t sound so bad.  

It's funny that if we had played consistently throughout the game and just came up one score short of two unbeaten top 10-15 teams the past two weeks, it would feel/look better than the trainwreck of building big leads and blowing them.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm 48 years old and Texas has one title in my lifetime. So you're right, I won't be expecting it.

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm 49 so we're in the same boat. 

The fact that it took so long means 2005 still hasn't worn off for me.

I'll be 49 in two weeks. Here's the list of schools who have won NCAA championships in football in the last 49 years (since '71). I think there are 21 who have:

• Nebraska 3
  • USC 3
  • Notre Dame 3
  • Oklahoma 3
  • Pitt
  • Alabama 9
  • Georgia
  • Clemson 3
  • Penn State 2
  • Miami (FL) 4
  • Brigham Young
  • Colorado
  • Washington
  • Florida State 3
  • Florida 3
  • Michigan
  • Tennessee
  • Ohio State 2
  • LSU 3
  • Texas
  • Auburn

i don't think that is gonna be the challenge that waco or ames is going to be.  doesn't mean we can't lose there (we absolutely can), but i don't currently see that game as being as difficult as the next two.
Sounds a lot like what we were saying about piggie in the weeks and days leading up to the game..

How much would you pay, going back as your 48-49 year old self, to re-live one of those really good party weekends? ~~~ Just one.
If you give me 0000 Friday to Sunday 2359, my opening bid would be 10k. Higher depending on what's all going on that weekend. Man, I'm doing all the things.

Going to need a month to get in partying shape.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

This is how you thread. Christ, we need an aggy to tell us how to not be pussies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Now I wanna tell you a story. I'm gonna ask ya'all to close your eyes while I tell you this story. I want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to yourselves.

This is a story about a football coach taking on the head job at the flagship university of the 2nd largest state in the Union. I want you to picture this football coach.

Suddenly a bus races up. The Arkansas Razorbacks jump out and call the hogs. They drag his pathetically talented offensive line into a nearby field and continually push their shit in with a 3 man front, and then they rip the freshman QBs clothes from his body. Now their running backs climbs on, first one then the other, then the other…… then the other, raping them, shattering everything innocent and pure -- vicious thrusts -- in a fog of drunken breath and sweat. And when they're done, after they killed any shred of dignity his team had, murdered any chance for them to go to the CFP, to have the oddly magical season so many of their delusional fans thought was possible, they decide to turn them over to their meth addled hillbilly friends to the west for target practice. So the hillbillies start throwing counters and punt passes at them. They throw 'em so hard that it tears the flesh of his team’s unathletic defense all the way to their bones -- and then they storm the field.

Now comes the Cowboys for a hanging. They have a rope; they tie a noose by letting his team get out to an early 14 points lead. Imagine the noose pulling tight around his neck as again his scheme just can’t counter-balance the holes his offense and defense has for four full quarters of football. The team and its fans are pulled into the air, their feet and legs go kicking and they don't find the ground. The hanging branch isn't strong enough. It snaps and the team falls back to the earth for a bye week.

Can you see him? His team raped, beaten, and broken by crushing losses, soaked in their collapses, soaked in their failures, soaked in their blood -- left to die.

Can you see him? I want you to picture that football coach.

Now imagine he’s Urban Meyer.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I'm not opposed to criticizing and questioning our coaches' product on the field, even when considering the resources they have to work with. Sark's play calling has been an upgrade, but there are still a few WTF moments per game. The defensive side of the ball is a bit more concerning. The defense did not lose yesterday's game, but they were the unit that needed to sustain performance when the offense got shut down. The personnel decisions and defensive formations still lead me to question whether PK is the right hire. Right now, I'm holding my final judgment of Sark until I see his recruiting classes and portals, since talent is our biggest issue right now.

That being said, holy shit... We have 7-8 redundant "look at me" threads on the football page right now. You would think that the "This is Who Steve Sarkisian is" thread would be enough. But no, we need a poll about Sark being a fraud, our fourth quarter yardage, and some other bullshit hypothetical debates. These two losses have been incredibly painful, but you're not the only one disappointed and pissed. There's no need to clobber a good football page with drunken idiocy. 

Then we have people posting on this thread about how Mack's success was only because of VY and it was a "fluke". HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. Get a hold of yourselves. Ten straight ten win seasons was not a fluke. We had four BCS bowl game appearances, two of which were National Championships, and three of which were victories. We had a solid recruiting pipeline with a badass defenses and special team units. Also, if Mack wasn't an unlucky motherfucker, we would've had another MNC appearance in 2008 and probably a win in 2009 if it wasn't for a freak injury. VY was a generational talent, but there are 22 positions on a football team. These rosters were stacked with talent and we were the most complete team in the nation in 2005 and arguably in 2008. This was no "fluke". I know that Mack Brown left on incredibly poor terms, but you can still appreciate what he did before his fall. 

Lastly, there's the "we will never be good again idiocy". It literally takes one correct hire to change things. Our resources didn't disappear overnight. The right coach will establish the recruiting machine and being in the SEC will only HELP that aspect of the program.

We just need to do what our opponents are doing to us...let them get 20 or so ahead and when they get tired of scoring, just kick their worn out asses.