Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just spent the morning breaking down the film of Stone and Milroe and here are my thoughts: 
Stone: Great mechanics and decision making. You can tell he's got the technical aspects down and is a real leader on the field. Obviously put in the work to get where he is today since he has limited athleticism. A real lunch pail kind of guy. He's just a hard working no nonsense kind of kid who is the first guy to show up and the last guy to leave. His biggest strengths are probably his moxie and grit. Wherever he ends up he's going to put his head down and go to work and keep his mouth shut. You can tell that he's had to earn his spot and wasn't just handed the reins. Definitely a great locker room guy and a guy who will stick around for all 4 years even if he isn't starting. 
Milroe: A flashy, me first kind of player. You can tell he's looking out for numero uno when he's on the field. Has all the talent in the world but it's obvious that he doesn't also put in the work. Gives minimal effort and relies on talent to get the job done. It can be a bit hard to tell from just the game film, but he's obviously a locker room diva as well. His intangibles are also lacking, I'm not sure why but I just know it from looking at him. He's definitely a high upside athlete, but I think at the end of the day he ends up at WR or transferring. 

Recruits that recently visited Texags might actually not recognize this is satire.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jesus, once the kid can actually get 8 hours of sleep a night that alone should make a difference.

I thought you bolded that part because he works at Wing Stop. Figured we put Giles on him

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He got to #218 in the country between his sophomore and junior seasons and finished ranked #766. Obviously futureman is going to futureman, but Lindell Stone definitely dropped like a, um, rock, in the rankings his last two seasons.

Ah fuck I thought he was referring to the WR brother. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, I read Tunmise updates and it is shocking how easy he is to root against. Texas isn’t getting him and whoever does is getting a prima donna tweet machine that will transfer after year 1 unless he’s starting by the second half of his freshman season. 

As of today I think the best bets are Thomas, Turner, and Sanders with Smith as a b-backer.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man, every year we seem to nail B-backer, and struggle with recruiting "normal" LBs.

Yeah we need to land Derrick Harris.  Sucks he's going to the aggy event Friday.  Maybe he'll visit Saturday??

Aren't we also looking at a kid from Mineola?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Needs better shoes for the shuttle??

giphy.gif

Way back in the day there was a guy named Theron Brown who ran all the sprints and high and low hurdles for Hebert High in Beaumont. He wore Zips for warm ups because they had pockets for his snack money and wouldn’t bother to put on spikes until the finals 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Marquis Position? Pray tell, good sir, what position is the Vicomte? What about the Chevalier of the defense, is that the nickelback? 

Or did you just mean Marquee? 

Nah we're actually getting Lafayette to take over our pass rush at B-Backer, Rocheambeau at Rover, and perhaps Laumoy at Mac?

• Like 1