Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Just the douchiest possible way to phrase that, so, way to stay on-brand Ketch.

Of all the obnoxious and annoying things Ketch has done, that completely pointless comma may be the most infuriating.

Fuck you Fat, Ketch! 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Although I have to give him some credit here. This may be the most in-depth evaluation he’s ever written. 

56 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Won't be today,  but wonder what the odds of Ibraheem ever signing are?  50-50?

49 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If his shitty friends just were driving him around in a stolen car that he wasn't involved with... pretty high.

In a year where we the class is as down as this one, I’d say the odds are higher than that. As long as some real bad evidence doesn’t come out in the future, I expect we’ll take him. 

42 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

If you've been watching the same dumpster fire that I have for the last four months and you really can't understand why a top 20 recruit wants nothing to do with us then I really don't know what to tell you

the self-flagellating, woe is me, bitch made Longhorn is the worst fucking Longhorn

pull yourself together you gigantic pussy

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

the self-flagellating, woe is me, bitch made Longhorn is the worst fucking Longhorn

pull yourself together you gigantic pussy

Hating seventeen year olds because they don't share your affinity for your favorite school makes you an even bigger pussy, imo

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So everyone is in but the CB? Really hurt losing Bowman but there’s some really good talent in this class given the mess right now on the coaching front.

Yeah, considering the circumstances, I actually feel good about this for a transition class. Especially if the new coach can add a few guys by NSD2 and some JUCOs/GTs. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

This defensive class is pretty solid.  I think we have some really really good LBs  to match up with a Stud DE/Jack in Sanders.  Interested in seeing how Harris develops as a DE as well. Murphy will be a good one too.  Ish is the best CB prospect in the state and I'm sure he will be here in the summer.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

This defensive class is pretty solid.  I think we have some really really good LBs  to match up with a Stud DE/Jack in Sanders.  Interested in seeing how Harris develops as a DE as well. Murphy will be a good one too.  Ish is the best CB prospect in the state and I'm sure he will be here in the summer.

Alexis was a big get too. Speed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not an awful class for a transition class - and it better be a fucking transition class. Any reason to check back in over the rest of the day?

On Ish - let him sign and if it comes out he’s guilty of something bad dismiss him, pretty simple imo. Unless we wanna keep throwing our nose up and talk about our morals while remaining a has-been in football.

Just now, ChemicalHorn said:

Not an awful class for a transition class - and it better be a fucking transition class. Any reason to check back in over the rest of the day?

On Ish - let him sign and if it comes out he’s guilty of something bad dismiss him, pretty simple imo. Unless we wanna keep throwing our nose up and talk about our morals while remaining a has-been in football.

Is the Louisiana DL (blanking on his name) still in play? That's only thing i'm aware of still outstanding

The defensive coaches deserve credit for holding on to a solid class despite all the bullshit going on around the program right now.

I don’t have much of anything positive to say about the offensive staff. I hope they are all gone soon.

If this is a transition class, it’s passable, if it’s not, then we’re fucked and fuck CDC.

I haven't been this unexcited about signing day since I think ever. The OL recruiting in what was the best offensive line class that I can remember in Texas is inexcusable even with everything that went on during the season. And losing Milroe was unfortunate but reasonable given the circumstances. Bowman getting defeated by the undefeatable is understandable as well.

That said, I don't mind the rest of the takes in this class. Say what you will about Herman, they have done a pretty good job evaluating the second tier talent. They obviously shouldn't need to even go there, but they haven't taken a bunch of spares. They aren't loading up on the Brock Fitzhenrys of the world. This class is a Brockermeyer, a Milroe, a Shemar Turner and a stud WR away from being elite.

Now let's get rid of this turd blossom and get somebody in here that can start competing with Bama and Ohio State.

• Hook 'Em 1

Defensive side is good to great.  I think Ish will field a lot of calls this week wanting to know about his case.  He's going to be in huge demand, even more once the smoke from today clears and team's needs are more notable.  Would've been a great get but it really does benefit all parties to sit and see what happens.  

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Defensive side is good to great.  I think Ish will field a lot of calls this week wanting to know about his case.  He's going to be in huge demand, even more once the smoke from today clears and team's needs are more notable.  Would've been a great get but it really does benefit all parties to sit and see what happens.  

I wouldn't use the past tense with him and UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Probably mentioned somewhere but is LJ Johnson waiting for NSD 2 to commit?

This only helps Texas--will know who the HC is by then too and the shakeout from the bowls.  I'm sure we could shoot both feet and a kneecap by then too but hopefully, Tom does what he does with bowl games and wins convincingly while ag does what they do and the pyrite resurfaces.  Always a good question to ask ag is when was the last time you won a championship?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I wouldn't use the past tense with him and UT.

I hope Texas gets him but I expect interference out the wazoo here.  Bags upon bags, dead coach walking, how is Texas supporting your current situation, family bribes, everything.  I hope he wants to play instate with the best state, flagship university.  

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, considering the circumstances, I actually feel good about this for a transition class. Especially if the new coach can add a few guys by NSD2 and some JUCOs/GTs. 

Yeah, if Mensa really is gone 🙏🙏🙏  not sure that any more 2021 transfers should be signed -- let the next head coach handle filling the remaining roster spots in Mid-January...

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

12 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

@texifornia  @LTtxfan

For NSD2, quick recap of legitimate recruit targets

RB LJ Johnson

OT Austin Uke

Who else?

No idea honestly. I guess if we look back to guys that Texas has targeted recently and/or talked to pretty consistently through the process. If I say Alton McCaskill can I speak it into existence?  ::

Ikechukwu Iwunnah
David Abiara (ughhh) 
Erick Cade
Keithron Lee

extra no idea list ::
Byron Young the JUCO OLB/WDE - did he sign anywhere yet? 
Quay Davis? No idea what the hell to even think here. 

I'd say with the insane numbers that have hit the portal in just the past 8-10 days that you'll likely see guys from there.