Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Inside Scoop 2021
TEXAS' BEST 2021 COMMIT
Ā 

While Jalen Milroe is the bell cow of 2021's class, he might not be the most talented.Ā 

When Denton Ryan ATH (DE/TE) Jaā€™Tavion Sanders visited UT a few weeks back, he looked like a different dude than the kid who committed last summer.Ā 

At 6-foot-5, 235, the four-star has morphed into the monster foretold in his sophomore tape. His junior year was special. He helped lead the Ryan Raiders to the 5A State championship game, only to lose in the final minutes. But the foundation for future success was cemented with Sanders' play and the number of talented underclassmen at Ryan - Billy Bowman Jr (2021, Texas pledge), Austin Jordan (2022), and Anthony Hill (2023) to name a few.Ā 

Inside Texas: What were your expectations today?Ā 

Ja'Tavion Sanders:Ā "To see coach Herman and the new staff. (Herman) is a good guy and definitely will get me right for my future."Ā 

IT:Ā What did you think of the new staff?Ā 

JS:Ā "Coach Ash is definitely a great coach and I can't wait to build a relationship with him. He said he likes how I'll fit in the new defensive scheme. And how I get to rush the passer. I haven't made my decision on which position I'll play, coach Herman told me I can decide. I'm still an athlete. I've played both positions my entire life."Ā 

IT:Ā Being a Texas pledge already, what was your main takeaway?

JS:Ā "That this is definitely the place where I want to be, a place like this. I can't wait to be a Longhorn."Ā 

IT:Ā You get to see any renderings of what the renovated DKR will look like?Ā 

JS:Ā "Definitely, it's going to be really nice. I can't wait to play here."Ā 

While Sanders has the ability to play offense, he has a lucrative future playing defensive end.Ā 

I nominate we add an extension to the title of this thread. Something like ā€œTop 3 Class or GTFO, Ā You Fucking Fuckā€ because thatā€™s essentially the deal. We arenā€™t doing shit beyond the occasional 10 win season with smaller classes that donā€™t fill needs and finish in the top 15.Ā 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I nominate we add an extension to the title of this thread. Something like ā€œTop 3 Class or GTFO, Ā You Fucking Fuckā€ because thatā€™s essentially the deal. We arenā€™t doing shit beyond the occasional 10 win season with smaller classes that donā€™t fill needs and finish in the top 15.Ā 

This class is good at RB, QB, DL, but the rest is filler. Top 15 isnā€™t going to cut it. Doubt fuckface even caresĀ