Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This class is good at RB, QB, DL, but the rest is filler. Top 15 isn’t going to cut it. Doubt fuckface even cares 

Eh, DB is solid even with the disappointing finish at CB. Crawford is going to be an animal, Alford has a pretty high floor, and Thompson is an interesting prospect depending on development. But yea not quite the level we need.

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, DB is solid even with the disappointing finish at CB. Crawford is going to be an animal, Alford has a pretty high floor, and Thompson is an interesting prospect depending on development. But yea not quite the level we need.

We have good depth this year but going into 2021 we might be in a fucking bind at CB. Almost have to take a JUCO CB in this class. 

5 hours ago, What? said:

Worse than g-class, carl winslow, or any of the fools casting aspersions on the appearance of UT's coeds? That would certainly be something.

Your second post is miles better.  You are on an upward trajectory.  I predict that by the time you make your 10th post you will be one of the few who draw users to this site via rumors of amazing posts discussed on other boards.  A sort of "What?" version of Thujone etc.

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

In the event he does flip, would be very interesting to see this board's 180 on him

I’ll find a way to rationalize the take, but he won’t be a guy that I think of as stable or worthy of his current high ranking. Are we supposed to change our expectations because of his college choice? Maybe. I’m going to assume he’ll remain committed to Bama and an asshat irrespective. You’re right that there will absolutely be some folks who change positions based on his allegiance though. 

19 minutes ago, pacman said:

Is 4 linebackers a realistic number for this class?

Interesting to look at numbers for this class.

Definitely need 3 CB's and probably 4 WR's.  I'd say at least 3 LB's.

How many DL do we think we'll take?

Looks like 6 OL and 2 TE's.

1 or 2 at Safety?  Do we need a Kicker or Punter?

32 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

In the event he does flip, would be very interesting to see this board's 180 on him

There has been a fuckton of Longhorns that I thought were overrated and/or assholes. I don’t expect him to flip to Texas but if he does my opinion would change exactly zero percent. 

43 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Interesting to look at numbers for this class.

Definitely need 3 CB's and probably 4 WR's.  I'd say at least 3 LB's.

How many DL do we think we'll take?

Looks like 6 OL and 2 TE's.

1 or 2 at Safety?  Do we need a Kicker or Punter?

I think we need to take at least 4 DL every year if we’re going to stay committed to a 4 man DL. You have to have difference makers and depth there and that requires taking large numbers each year. 

I don’t think we need nearly as many OL or WR as you say. If we can land 6 stud OL, then great, but if we miss on some guys, we don’t have to take 6. Same with WR.

My position numbers (in order of most pressing):

LB: 3-4

DB: 4-5

DE: 2

OL: 4-5

WR: 2-3

RB: 1-2

QB: 1 (I know Yurc probably wants 2)

TE: 1 (2 committed currently)

DT: 1

That makes the numbers 19-26, but I think we'll be on the higher end.

Of course, transfer market (both in and out) will change this a bit as we go.  I'm also probably going to revisit defensive numbers after the spring game.