Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

So we've got offers out to Ketron Jackson and Hal Presley, and I know there's been talk around Elijah Bean. Anyone who's a film watcher mind giving some Cliff Notes on those guys? Thanks!

Also, GREAT NEWS on an OFFENSIVE DIFFERENCE MAKER: Another Jonathan Brooks CB to us. Break out the balloons.

Edited by texifornia

Someone said a while back, maybe @Fud , but we should have been/should be going after some of the WR's in Lousiana.  They have some real good ones this cycle and LSU may not be taking many/any of them?

I guess Bowman could always play offense, but shit he looks like a difference maker in the secondary.

Offensive recruitment looks like a dump right now.  Surprisingly defense looks good ( right now ).  Hutzler, Valai, and Ash seem to actually be doing work and hell, Hustle Never Sleeps may pull in some top end DL talent.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So we've got offers out to Ketron Jackson and Hal Presley, and I know there's been talk around Elijah Bean. Anyone who's a film watcher mind giving some Cliff Notes on those guys? Thanks!

Also, GREAT NEWS on an OFFENSIVE DIFFERENCE MAKER: Another Jonathan Brooks CB to us. Break out the balloons.

You are the king of wet fart "good" news today, sir. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We still haven't offered Bean. He looks like a Brennan Eagles starter kit at 6'5 with a sub 22s 200m

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

The fact of the matter is we should be cherry picking the elite talent and letting the likes of TCU and OU pick the bones off the carcass but instead we've been conceding the best talent to other programs due to incompetence. It's deeply maddening.

You guys must be new at following Texas recruiting. This shit has been happening since before the days of Bobby Taylor and William Carr. 

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

thank god the 2020 season is going to be cancelled and we wont have to worry about this fuck up  amirite guys

All joking aside, I mean, not getting the chance to refute anything with on the field performance probably just exacerbates this fuckup and our stale used Pontiac Car Smell on the trail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Drumm flipped his CB to cloudy for Mukuba. I'm not sure who else is in on that one, but Texas was reportedly making up ground on blOU after Mukuba's visit to Norman with his teammate, Lattrell McCutchin. This appears to validate that. 

What's the overall thought of a Mukuba/Coffey duo as the Safety takes?

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Given that that's pretty much the best three in Texas (depending on one's thoughts about Nwokobia), it's just a weak year then.

The 9.95ers give the impression that Texas wants Nwokobia and Mukuba and will settle for Coffey if they can't get one of the first 2, while still chasing OOS options. 

Just now, texifornia said:

He's an OU guy, so this is the rare time that really matters.

Rivals OU mod also flipped his to Texas.

His 247 page says he runs the 100m, 200m, and 400m so I'm guessing speed on the back end wont be an issue.

His ranking by the 3 services is kinda' all over the place.  247 has him a 91 and #202 in the nation.  3* and only #64 in the state on Rivals.  ESPN has him a 4*, but not in the 300.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals OU mod also flipped his to Texas.

His 247 page says he runs the 100m, 200m, and 400m so I'm guessing speed on the back end wont be an issue.

His ranking by the 3 services is kinda' all over the place.  247 has him a 91 and #202 in the nation.  3* and only #64 in the state on Rivals.  ESPN has him a 4*, but not in the 300.

As usual, Rivals is a complete laughable joke when it comes to things. 

Makuba was underrated until about a few months ago, then he got that Alabama "offer." I think 247 probably was the first one to adjust upwards, by many accounts he's an excellent candidate to really move up, possibly into the top 150. Rivals probably won't ever budge on his ranking, though. 

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I think in the long run, Coleman will be fine as long as the current WR core show big jumps in 2020(2021).  The recruiting will pick up.

We are not on Alabama, LSU, or ou's level with NFL receivers, but we will have two drafted tomorrow and Duvernay was the most productive receiver in college last season. I guess we will need to produce a 1st rounder before elite WRs will look our way again. 

1 minute ago, Sock Monkey said:

We are not on Alabama, LSU, or ou's level with NFL receivers, but we will have two drafted this weekend and Duvernay was the most productive receiver in college last season. I guess we will need to produce a 1st rounder before elite WRs will look our way again. 

FTFY

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They just recently offered and he hasn't even visited them.  Might have our candidate to get Demani'ed in this class.

Doesn't his sister go to Texas?  I think King is a good bet to end up at Texas.  Not sure about Arroyo, this he probably goes out of state.

Edited by victory88

I admire y'all who can recount the gory details of the recruiting near misses of the past few years kinda like I admire folks who can repeatedly punch themselves in the dick.  But the "We're Texas" attitude has enabled a shit ton of hubristic dumbassery for way too long.  

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

We are not on Alabama, LSU, or ou's level with NFL receivers, but we will have two drafted tomorrow and Duvernay was the most productive receiver in college last season. I guess we will need to produce a 1st rounder before elite WRs will look our way again. 

You think CJ is gonna go in the top 3 rounds? What are you smoking?

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:
1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

We are not on Alabama, LSU, or ou's level with NFL receivers, but we will have two drafted this weekend mayyyyybeeee and Duvernay was the most productive receiver in college last season. I guess we will need to produce a 1st rounder before elite WRs will look our way again.

FIFIFY

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Satya can post the actual, but I'm reading the Hank South update accompanying the CBs is basically saying he has no new info and it's not close to over.

So... hold off on the meltdown or should we surly it up?