Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

If the season doesn't play out, it's going to be tough to flip any of these WRs.  Coleman needed the spring game and of course, the 2020 season to show what he could do (along with Yurkich playcalling).

However the light in a very long dark tunnel.. is that 2022 looks to be stacked and if for whatever reasons there is no football this fall or early next spring, Texas could sell depth chart again awaiting the 2021 season

How many years are we going to continue to miss out on the top in-state WR talent.  You would think with Herman considering himself in offensive "guru", these players would be lining up to play for him.  Missed out on Waddle (not going to blame Herman for this one), Garrett Wilson, JSN, Demas, now possibly Earle.  There's a difference between guys top rated guys like Brennan Eagles and Jake Smith and the rest of our WR roster or 3 and low 4 star guys.  We need more elite WR talent if we want to compete with the likes of Clemson, Bama, tOSU, LSU and ou.

8 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Would be nice to have Samples. Andre Coleman, what is you doing?

He was hired because a) we missed on our top choices, b) he's supposed to be good at the coaching side of things (certainly compared to Meh/Meek) and c) the current players like him, which was critical when some of them were on the precipice of transferring.

None of those are recruiting chops, and WR is a position that usually has a recruiting guy at coach.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

How many years are we going to continue to miss out on the top in-state WR talent.  You would think with Herman considering himself in offensive "guru", these players would be lining up to play for him.  Missed out on Waddle (not going to blame Herman for this one), Garrett Wilson, JSN, Demas, now possibly Earle.  There's a difference between guys top rated guys like Brennan Eagles and Jake Smith and the rest of our WR roster or 3 and low 4 star guys.  We need more elite WR talent if we want to compete with the likes of Clemson, Bama, tOSU, LSU and ou.

So you're not going to blame the staff for Waddle but for Garrett Wilson you are?  Demas too?  and now Earle is on par with them?

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He was hired because a) we missed on our top choices, b) he's supposed to be good at the coaching side of things (certainly compared to Meh/Meek) and c) the current players like him, which was critical when some of them were on the precipice of transferring.

None of those are recruiting chops, and WR is a position that usually has a recruiting guy at coach.

I think in the long run, Coleman will be fine as long as the current WR core show big jumps in 2020(2021).  The recruiting will pick up.

If anyone here thinks losing Earle, specifically to TCU, is anything other than an unmitigated buttfucking then I don't know what to tell you. Herman is just waving his balls in our face while he whistles past the graveyard of his own creation. I don't care if Malcolm Kelly is so smooth that you want to give him your wallet and your girlfriend when he walks in the door, their WR results have been garbage and horseshit. We shouldn't be losing studs to them. Not promoting Coleman mid season was a mistake. Promoting Coleman after the season was possibly a bigger mistake.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If anyone here thinks losing Earle, specifically to TCU, is anything other than an unmitigated buttfucking then I don't know what to tell you. Herman is just waving his balls in our face while he whistles past the graveyard of his own creation. I don't care if Malcolm Kelly is so smooth that you want to give him your wallet and your girlfriend when he walks in the door, their WR results have been garbage and horseshit. We shouldn't be losing studs to them. Not promoting Coleman mid season was a mistake. Promoting Coleman after the season was possibly a bigger mistake.

I read this with the voice of @closetojumping 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

So you're not going to blame the staff for Waddle but for Garrett Wilson you are?  Demas too?  and now Earle is on par with them?

Yes, I am going to blame the staff for Garrett Wilson.  The kid is in your own backyard at a school where your previous graduate assistant coaches.  How often do LSU, ou, Bama, tOSU lose 5 star players from their own hometown.  Wilson would have seriously considered Texas if we didn't have fucktards as coaches and could develop the talent.  That falls on Herman.  They also lost JSN who would be in a Texas jersey if it wasn't for that fucktard Mehringer who thought he was too slow.  If we lose Jojo, that's also on Herman.  The entire family wears burnt orange.  Oh and I forgot about the cluster fuck that was Quinton Johnston.  How we lost him to TCU is beyond me, this staf punches themselves in the dick more than any Texas staff I have seen since following recruiting.  Just seems that we lose out on elite WR talent year after year.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

How we lost him to TCU is beyond me, this staf punches themselves in the dick more than any Texas staff I have seen since following recruiting.  Just seems that we lose out on elite WR talent year after year.

How quickly you forget Charlie Strong and his crew just not recruiting until Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yes, I am going to blame the staff for Garrett Wilson.  The kid is in your own backyard at a school where your previous graduate assistant coaches.  How often do LSU, ou, Bama, tOSU lose 5 star players from their own hometown.  Wilson would have seriously considered Texas if we didn't have fucktards as coaches and could develop the talent.  That falls on Herman.  They also lost JSN who would be in a Texas jersey if it wasn't for that fucktard Mehringer who thought he was too slow.  If we lose Jojo, that's also on Herman.  The entire family wears burnt orange.  Oh and I forgot about the cluster fuck that was Quinton Johnston.  How we lost him to TCU is beyond me, this staf punches themselves in the dick more than any Texas staff I have seen since following recruiting.  Just seems that we lose out on elite WR talent year after year.

Guess we should be mad at Donovan Jackson for going to tosu as well.. We are doomed.  2021 WR recruiting will set us back for years to come

9 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Guess we should be mad at Donovan Jackson for going to tosu as well.. We are doomed.  2021 WR recruiting will set us back for years to come

Yes, you should be mad about Donovan Jackson.  He was going to commit during the Texas-ou week.  We then gave up 11-12 sacks that game and it gave him pause.  Our last 10 years have been a direct result of mismanaging the the O-line.  We need guys like Branson Bagg, Donovan Jackson, Walker Little, Tommy Brockermeyer.  This is a stacked year for OL... watch Herman fuck it up.  

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

How quickly you forget Charlie Strong and his crew just not recruiting until Christmas. 

Totally agree, and have not forgotten.  That was a whole different type of fuckup.  Strong didn't shoot himself in the dick.  He just didn't give a fuck about recruiting until December.  When he tried, he closed better than most coaches.  Herman and his staff find ways to fuck up recruitments that should be layups for Texas.  Remember when they didn't offer Josh White and the other LB that went to ou really late when there were 0 instate prospects worth a shit.  Both would be in Texas jerseys right now and we wouldn't be sweating our LB depth.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yes, you should be mad about Donovan Jackson.  He was going to commit during the Texas-ou week.  We then gave up 11-12 sacks that game and it gave him pause.  Our last 10 years have been a direct result of mismanaging the the O-line.  We need guys like Branson Bagg, Donovan Jackson, Walker Little, Tommy Brockermeyer.  This is a stacked year for OL... watch Herman fuck it up.  

you really think Herman screwed up Bragg? and Little?

1 minute ago, nycHorn said:

SIAP: Super K is saying that TCU feels like their biggest threat for JoJo is OU.

Makes sense.  He cut us out of his top 5.  With the exception of Demas, when was the last time a prospect committed to a school not in his top 5.  It would be a different story if this kid just had no interest in us.  Herman and this staff find ways to fuck ourselves for players that "WANT" to come play for Texas.  Remember when we hired 2 incompetent fucktards to screw up our WR room.  Then he spent an entire month with an empty WR coach while other schools were recruiting.  Then he promotes a fucking analyst that has no relationship to the DFW area or with regional recruits during a time period where he cannot really develop relationships even if he wanted to.  All the while TCU, who wasn't even bowl eligible has no fucking QB worth a dick, were able to steal our top committed WR prospect last year and looks like they are going to land our top WR prospect on the board this year as well.  

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Makes sense.  He cut us out of his top 5.  With the exception of Demas, when was the last time a prospect committed to a school not in his top 5.  It would be a different story if this kid just had no interest in us.  Herman and this staff find ways to fuck ourselves for players that "WANT" to come play for Texas.  Remember when we hired 2 incompetent fucktards to screw up our WR room.  Then he spent an entire month with an empty WR coach while other schools were recruiting.  Then he promotes a fucking analyst that has no relationship to the DFW area or with regional recruits during a time period where he cannot really develop relationships even if he wanted to.  All the while TCU, who wasn't even bowl eligible has no fucking QB worth a dick, were able to steal our top committed WR prospect last year and looks like they are going to land our top WR prospect on the board this year as well.  

umm he's been Fong'd to LSU now.. only Quay can save us

14 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

you really think Herman screwed up Bragg? and Little?

Yes, he was given a black check when he was hired for his staff and he brought his G5 Houston staff with him.  Derek Warehime is a complete moron.  There's a reason he is coaching at New Mexico state or where ever the fuck he is.  We did not give ourselves a chance the minute Herman put that idiot in charge of their recruitments.  You know what Warehime did in HIS MOST IMPORTANT HOME VISIT when he was hired at Walker Little's house?  He showed up and took a massive fucking dump both figuratively and in actuality.  Herman sent a country bumpkin to the home of a polished educated well off family with ties to Texas.  I wouldn't want my son to play for an idiot like that as well.  I don't blame the Little family.  

Edited by victory88

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

To be fair, that would technically qualify as ONE dick punch, per year. Just choosing to not recruit until February. It actually minimized the window for entire number of total dick punches per cycle. He was very efficient that way. Meanwhile, Herman and company find a good 6-10 ways to drop a boulder on our collective nutsacks every cycle. Plus, you know, Charlie was hamstrung with the whole Losing Record Moron angle. Herman is Mensa, sir. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Yes, he was given a black check when he was hired for his staff and he brought his G5 Houston staff with him.  Derek Warehime is a complete moron.  There's a reason he is coaching at New Mexico state or where ever the fuck he is.  We did not give ourselves a chance the minute Herman put that idiot in charge of their recruitments.  You know what Warehime did in HIS MOST IMPORTANT HOME VISIT when he was hired at Walker Little's house?  He showed up and took a massive fucking dump both figuratively and in actuality.  Herman sent a country bumpkin to the home of a polished educated well off family with ties to Texas.  I wouldn't want my son to play for an idiot like that as well.  I don't blame the Little family.  

You are correct..Herman should have sold daddy little while he was at Houston then it would have been a slam dunk once he arrived at Texas.  Bragg wanted Texas, momma Bragg was playing school

Just now, Thiefery said:

You are correct..Herman should have sold daddy little while he was at Houston then it would have been a slam dunk once he arrived at Texas.  Bragg wanted Texas, momma Bragg was playing school

Hey, just to be perfectly clear here, Walker Little and his entire family had every single reason to go to Texas, including their employer being a huge Texas guy. Wareheim and Herman fucked that one up themselves. Texas was the heavy favorite until the actual coaches he would be playing for showed up. 

• Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Hey, just to be perfectly clear here, Walker Little and his entire family had every single reason to go to Texas, including their employer being a huge Texas guy. Wareheim and Herman fucked that one up themselves. Texas was the heavy favorite until the actual coaches he would be playing for showed up. 

Chaisson was in the same boat too

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chaisson was an entirely worst level of fucked up. That guy was literally Texas until the night before. Lets go ahead and get Noah Cain out of the way as well, maybe we can get all this shit on page 210 and purge it all at once. 

Do Demarvin Leal next

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I actually don't include him in that list...but yeah, there's more than enough dickslaps right to the face to go around. 

Demani Richardson is a fun one...his uncle/trainer/handler not even letting him out of the car 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why isn’t everyone happy that we are not in fact losing Earle to tcu?

Maybe that we shouldn't be losing any slot receivers we've been recruiting for 2 years when we just had a 1400 yd/9 TD example of what he'll be doing. Toss in LJH's season from the year before, 1200 yd/ 9TD.

Hell, throw Jake Smith's 6TD freshman performance that could have been so much more if it wasn't for Meh. 

The fact of the matter is we should be cherry picking the elite talent and letting the likes of TCU and OU pick the bones off the carcass but instead we've been conceding the best talent to other programs due to incompetence. It's deeply maddening.

• Like 3

LSU would make a little sense, but losing out to TCU for Earle would be flat out embarrassing. Reagor is still going to get drafted at a good spot, but it's entirely in spite of TCU not because of them. 

Flaky or not, the staff is probably going to have to circle back on Quay at some point, there's not a whole lot more in state at the position. And good luck landing difference makers out-of-state this cycle.

Edited by Lonestar88