Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This may be my favorite line for 2021 so far. 

It is honestly pathetic how much entertainment I derived from this. 

Can you shed light on who is the culprit though?

I can’t. My family member retired after the title game and since covid he’s basically around no one but his miserable wife. He’s completely out of touch with the new staff because of covid. 

Would be dope if we could get Worthy. Feel like we’ve always gotten big guys or athletic projects but Worthy seems to be a good route runner already. I was always disappointed with the previous staff for identifying athletic kids but failing to teach them route running. If that’s going to be an emphasis with Sark, I’m all for it.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Adding on to this, Worthy cant enroll early to Michigan (not sure of the reasoning) and Texas is the preferred destination if he can get out of his LOI. Sark would not say no....YES PLEASE!

He could use his covid transfer if they hold firm on his loi. I don't know any of the backstory here, but it seems odd that he didn't just go to Alabama if he liked Sark's offense so much. Was he not a take, or does he want to play school?

21 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He could use his covid transfer if they hold firm on his loi. I don't know any of the backstory here, but it seems odd that he didn't just go to Alabama if he liked Sark's offense so much. Was he not a take, or does he want to play school?

Fyi -- Saw somewhere that immediate eligibility transfer rule may not be available to the 2021 class ??

(Maybe a 2021 player has to stay a year or transfer and sit out a year if existing school won't release from their LOI ?)

Haven't been around here in awhile so I'm not sure if you guys have discussed numbers, but I believe once you add transfers Black, Watson, and Schooler, plus not yet signed Lee, Dunn, and Ibraheem to the class counter totals, I believe we have six spots available for the 2021 class + incoming transfers 

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

Haven't been around here in awhile so I'm not sure if you guys have discussed numbers, but I believe once you add transfers Black, Watson, and Schooler, plus not yet signed Lee, Dunn, and Ibraheem to the class counter totals, I believe we have six spots available for the 2021 class + incoming transfers 

Didn't Dunn go to OU?

Hold the phone....Tariq Black is still on the team? As in, there’s nothing we can do about that?

IT Sark Recruiting Matters: More L.J., 2021 DE’s in focus, nuggets from road

While Steve Sarkisian is yet to finalize his staff with new hires, holdovers and members of the in-house staff are kicking the tires in the 2021 class and continue to work on the 2022 class and beyond.

In the latest installment of... IT on the road: Official Visit ... the vehicle was moving at a high rate of speed hitting as many schools as possible in D/FW Tuesday and Wednesday, with more stops coming today.

L.J. Johnson should decide by end of the weekend:
Cy Fair running back L.J. Johnson continues to struggle with his decision between Texas A&M and Texas. Johnson has continued to have communication with members of the Texas staff, including two conversations with Sarkisian. There is a growing thought that Johnson will likely reach a decision by the end of the weekend, but this recruitment is tough to nail down as it continues to swing back-and-forth. With classes beginning January 19th at both schools, a weekend decision is almost forced upon him. Texas A&M continues to be the school pushed by some very close to the talented downhill back.

Transfer EDGE player vs. 2021 DE’s:
The new Texas staff is continuing to look at the transfer market for an EDGE rush prospect, as well as evaluating what’s left in the 2021 class — David Abiara and Garfield Lawrence.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Abiara is leaning to Washington over Oklahoma State right now with a school visit to Washington very likely in the next couple of weeks. Texas did reach out to the Mansfield Legacy staff Wednesday morning to let them know interest remains in Abiara. Should the Longhorns make him a priority, Texas would immediately become the favorite.

Lawrence has backed off his Kansas verbal privately, and is considering Baylor, Houston and a number of other Power 5s who are starting to show some interest. Boston College is the most recent offer. The new Texas staff is circling back to take another look.
  • Hook 'Em 3