2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Are you the same dude that said we were going to trade Correa for Luis Castillo at the end of 2019?

walter white GIF

In all seriousness, was that something said? And was anyone dumb enough to believe it?

Regardless, I fail to see how something implausible like that is comparable to this, even if this doesn’t close. 

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Are you the same dude that said we were going to trade Correa for Luis Castillo at the end of 2019?

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

walter white GIF

In all seriousness, was that something said? And was anyone dumb enough to believe it?

Regardless, I fail to see how something implausible like that is comparable to this, even if this doesn’t close. 

Yep, it was me and it was real. Believe Rosenthal at some point even confirmed there were discussions but the sign stealing punishments hadn’t been announced yet at Crane squashed it. IIRC they were trading correa and Reddick for Castillo and then make a big run at Rendon and Donaldson. Obviously glad it didn’t happen. Hell, I’ll even give y’all my source for it, Mark Berman

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yep, it was me and it was real. Believe Rosenthal at some point even confirmed there were discussions but the sign stealing punishments hadn’t been announced yet at Crane squashed it. IIRC they were trading correa and Reddick for Castillo and then make a big run at Rendon and Donaldson. Obviously glad it didn’t happen. Hell, I’ll even give y’all my source for it, Mark Berman

One of my good friends in high school used to fuck his daughter. Mark Berman that is. 

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The only important takeaway from today’s game

K'd Goldy and deJong.  Walked Bader but only after he blew a high fastball by him when he swung on 3-0.  The other outs were on 3 weak grounders and a foul infield pop.