So in the interest of maintaining your sanity, you pick two, maybe three issues and that's it.

tantric superman

1.  Wet wipes in all bathroom stalls

2. No beans allowed in chili under any circumstance.  Violators will be stoned to death  

3. Any individual that does not return grocery cart to designated return bay gets a minimum of 10 years in solitary OR loses one limb. Their choice. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1.  Maintaining a woman's right to choose.  Without it, she is a second class citizen.  This isn't Saudi Arabia.  

2.  Voting Rights and engaging the citizenry to care about all elections, not just the Presidential election every 4 years.  

3.  The Economy stupid, but also preparing the US to be the leader in the coming Green revolution.  Being the leader will create opportunity for everyone.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

OK so a statically minute number may not have a BC, how many people don't have ss numbers today ? Cause if you don't you're gonna have a hard time getting all kinds of gov't services, bank accounts, etc.  But hey pick a point that's easily dealt with in any number of other ways, to achieve the same end result verification of who you are.

Non SS and BC holding people probably out number illegal voting 10 to 1.

Edited by Shaddie

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

says you....

Well let’s see some proof if it isn’t.

Your kind has had 10 months and hundreds of lawsuits and nothing to show for it. 
Let’s face it, if Democrats are that great to conceal the greatest fraud of all time (your thinking) they should be running the country cause they are smarter than Republicans who can’t find ANY evidence. 

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

a) you're talking about people like old black grandmas who were born at home via midwife and don't have a proper birth certificate.  these people are citizens who've been living their lives at the margin, not in the middle of it like you and i and pretty much everyone here

How many people do you think this applies to in a country of 370M? 10,000? Give them all a certified affidavit of birth or some shit. Problem solved

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

1. Restoration of all lands stolen by heretics and rebels stretching from northernmost Canada to southernmost Chile and Argentina to their rightful owner as defined in the Treaty of Tordesillas: The King of Spain.

Brazil will naturally revert to the King of Portugal; we are not savages, the law is the law.

2 & 3: We see no need for 2 or 3 once 1 is accomplished. Such righteous adherence to the Will of God as expressed by His Popes will surely be rewarded by a shower of blessings, not to mention that our King will work to benefit us, his subjects, without our needing to trouble our brows about such things-- we need only act with faith, loyalty, and courage.

Spain belongs to Scotland. We died for that land. 

7e439d9ccc57d88d59087ce2bfab4c37.jpg&f=1

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Spain belongs to Scotland. We died for that land. 

7e439d9ccc57d88d59087ce2bfab4c37.jpg&f=1

Spain could have a King from Scotland. Nothing in the Treaty of Tordesillas says it can't.

Well, I think it doesn't. I never read it. I'm not a monk.

Edited by RDCanecutter
no hai nada en la vyda como la pena de escrybir en ydiomas no ezcoceses.
  • Haha 1

1. Adherence to the shared, objective reality. There’s seeing things through your own political lens, spin, and whatever we’ve fallen into. You can’t discuss or advocate any issue if the current caricature of postmodernism persists.

2. Education: 

Spoiler

Bonhoeffer: Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

3. Voting/Gerrymandering 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1) Eradicate mosquitos

2) Infrastructure bonanza

2b) Energy - micro nuclear plants everywhere, subsidize solar roofs more, Lots of wind and solar farms

3) Reduce incarceration rates / Reimagine our criminal reform programs / decriminalize shit / Expunge more records for people that do reform so they get a second chance

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

How many people do you think this applies to in a country of 370M? 10,000? Give them all a certified affidavit of birth or some shit. Problem solved

My mom and I both had to apply and get replacement birth certificates because the courthouse they were stored in had a big fire.  It was a pain in the fucking ass.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

My mom and I both had to apply and get re-pavement birth certificates because the courthouse they were stored in had a big fire.  It was a pain in the fucking ass.  

That sucks. What town in Mexico/Guatemala/Honduras are you from? /Onboard2/

• Haha 2

1. Healthcare reform

2. Climate change

3. Repel Citizens United

Additional I want Senators and Reps receive a per diem instead of the current pay system. That would make people entering public service do it for the right reasons. Also it would start to implement term limits.

• Hook 'Em 1

1. Adherence to the shared, objective reality. There’s seeing things through your own political lens, spin, and whatever we’ve fallen into. You can’t discuss or advocate any issue if the current caricature of postmodernism persists.
2. Education: 
Spoiler

Bonhoeffer: Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

3. Voting/Gerrymandering 

Your Bonhoeffer cite makes me want to puke. It’s my #1 by far. Stumbled upon his grave 2.5 years ago, by chance. Stared at it in the morning light and shivered a bit.

1ebc9f0e43a9ff5854f5ca7903a09abe.jpg

We learn nothing from our mistakes. Because….we’re stupid.

Voting rights- auto voter registration at 18 and equal early voting, in person and mail. if felons can’t vote, they can’t be taxed. Work out violent vs nonviolent BS

Campaign finance- American individuals only. Limits. Don’t make this difficult.

Housing- Literally anything. I got very lucky buying as a millennial when I did 4 years ago. Everyone else my age and lower is fucked because of investment firms and the other cadre of dickheads buying American RE.

Edited by StassneyHorn

1) Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter

2) Prison time unless you open your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve

3) Trade Michigan to Canada for British Columbia, straight up. Failing that, return the Upper Peninsula to Wisconsin where it belongs, and give the rest of the state to first nations peoples as reparations.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

1. Countering China militarily, economically and diplomatically; shoring up the Western and Democratic world to maintain an international order that benefits the United States and those states who cooperate and partner with us. 

2. Developing infrastructure to cope with and mitigate climate change and secure critical resources.

3. Investment in education and research to maintain our position as the leading technological and economic engine of the world. 

Maslow’s hierarchy of needs up in here. Be safe, have the shit you need to live. Wealth and security allows you the luxury to address other issues. 

On 11/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

1. Flat YoY taxes for middle class

2. (Continued) Strong military/geopolitical investments to combat China/Russia

3. UBI for those who struggle to contribute and earn

Well...hot off the press today.

"China plans to quadruple its nuclear stockpile to at least 1,000 warheads by the end of the decade, the Pentagon reported. That’s far above what was previously estimated."

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

1. Acknowledgement and holding account those who encouraged and refused to condemn 1/6 and the Big Lie

2. Reduction in deficit spending with goal of having a surplus within a decade.

3. Healthcare reform.

1. Decrease the number of constituents for each member of the House of Representatives to 30,000.

2. Require upfront pricing from all medical service providers, meaning all prices published on the internet and in a book/binder in the patient lobby.

3. Term limits - 6 for house reps, 2 for Senators.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, elfenix said:

a) you're talking about people like old black grandmas who were born at home via midwife and don't have a proper birth certificate.  these people are citizens who've been living their lives at the margin, not in the middle of it like you and i and pretty much everyone here. 

b) social security card isn't sufficient evidence under texas's voter ID laws.  a social security card with a birth certificate would be but see a).  and lots of people have misplaced their social security cards - guess what you need in order to get a replacement?

they have a right to vote.  but because they weren't born at a hospital where you and I and most of the people either of us have met in our lives were born, it is difficult to impossible for them to comply with the ID laws. 

in a time period where elections are decided with tight margins, people who have lived their lives at the margin and want to participate in democracy matter.  and it's them who are targeted by these laws.  the politicians know exactly what they're doing.  they know that there's less burdensome ways to verify that people aren't voting for others which can be done completely on the back end of the election system.  they know that there's ways to make sure people aren't voting twice other than having people flash a particular ID.  which just shows that those are not really the concerns. 

i have to laugh at the opening a bank account example.  when was the last time you opened a bank account?  lots of people don't even use the banking system.  again, we're talking about people living on the margins of society that you and i live in the middle of.  they don't bank, they don't get on planes, they don't take international vacations, they don't drive, etc. 

You sure like to shoot down any thing OB says about this so what is your solution? Leave it be and let all old black people vote without any sort of id?

Something needs to be done to get them IDs, I agree with OB in that it this is a very small portion of the voting public that fall into this category. We need to get them have a system in place that when you register to vote it you can also get a free id. No bc? fine bring in a few months of bills to your current address, I assume these people are on SS and or Medicaid, use that info give them a free ID.

This shit isn't complicated.... while we are on the subject of voting, why not do via finger prints. Everyone who gets a dl and id is finger printed, I should be able to walk up to a voting machine, let it scan my thumb and I can vote. 

My 3 things,

Universal health care

Focus on Education (Texas is in the bottom 10%, pathetic)

Fix the tax system, its too complicated rn which leads to people and corporations being able to not pay anything.  Get rid of deductions, write offs, have a flat % on earned and a separate % on unearned, whatever it is, its need to be fixed

3 minutes ago, Smax said:

You sure like to shoot down any thing OB says about this so what is your solution?

the solution depends on exactly what the problem is.  and i'm talking about actual problems, not made up ones about bales full of ballots being pulled out from under tables at 3 am which voter ID wouldn't prevent anyway. 

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

the solution depends on exactly what the problem is.  and i'm talking about actual problems, not made up ones about bales full of ballots being pulled out from under tables at 3 am which voter ID wouldn't prevent anyway. 

I don't believe there are bales full of ballots just as I don't think its too damn difficult to get those who want to vote an ID. If I have to show ID vote, everyone needs to show ID to vote its absurd to say otherwise and the push back against it makes me go hmmmm

11 hours ago, Smax said:

I don't believe there are bales full of ballots just as I don't think its too damn difficult to get those who want to vote an ID. If I have to show ID vote, everyone needs to show ID to vote its absurd to say otherwise and the push back against it makes me go hmmmm

and in an ideal world where obtaining ID was not extraordinarily difficult if not impossible for citizens of our country who aren't living in the main sequence, i'd agree with this.  that's the world you want.  it's not the world we live in and the people in government (and the money behind them) who are pushing the ID laws don't want it to be the world we live in. 

1) major improvements to our entire education system, develop future leaders, scientists, educators, historians, engineers, innovators, and better educate those that will not be in those categories, too.

2) healthcare in the states is joke. make it more affordable, with easier access.

3) climate change. take the lead and run with it. it's probably much more challenging to do than the first two but also the most important for future generations.