Casual dinner around campus

hrmaddie

Looking for dinner rev pre-game.  Taking a friend and his son to Austin this weekend to show them around campus.  I haven’t been back to Austin in over five years. For lunch I was going to do Dirty Martins. We are going to the game so something before the game that won’t require a huge wait would be preferable and nothing fancy. 

It's probably not what you were thinking, but I love Clay Pit.  "Modern" Indian, nice but not fancy and they would surely be fine with gameday attire. 

I just checked, they have a bunch of reservations available for early dinner.  Definition of "no wait".  Easy walk to the stadium.  

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4

West campus area:

- Alpetra (Mediterranean food truck with picnic tables outside), very good.

- Kerbey Lane

- Goodall's (bar/american food, not bad)

- Moody's (so-so)

Usually can't guarantee no lines but with our tiny-shitty-if-any bowl bound team playing Kansas, you might be the only ones in there wherever you go.

Edit: I don't think El Patio's bad at all. At the least I've had far worse.

Edited by phdhorn

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I always preferred Crown & Anchor.

I can't say that it's better than Dirty's.  I've been to Dirty's maybe a handful of times.  But I lived relatively close to Crown & Anchor in law school and went there a lot for those three years, and then a few times later in life before football games.  So I have more of an affinity for C&A than Dirty's. 

Edited by South Austin