Texas vs. West Virginia Game Thread -11am on ESPN2 - Colonoscopies and colonics would get you more excited

Pancho

Charlie Strong told me, when he was the head coach at Texas, he wasn't fired yet,” Herbstreit said. “He just got there, was getting a lot of heat. He said, 'this is a tough job because on one hand, they want me to recruit a lot of these five-stars in this state, but I don't think they're great players. But there's such immense pressure to recruit this player out of this area or this player because they're five stars. And if you don't recruit those players, they're going to crush you because you didn't land that recruit. And if you do bring them in, you're deep down I don't know if this guy is a dog.' ... Sark knew this before he went. In fact, he and I had a conversation when his name was in there. I called him and I said, 'are you going to take this?' He said, 'yeah I think I'm gonna.' And I said, 'you know the deal there right.' He goes 'oh yeah, before I even commit, I'm going to talk to them about how I’m going to have to do this. It’s going to be really hard to do this the right way. And as long as you’re going to support me through this, we’re going to do this. It’s not going to be pretty.

“In order to change the culture there that has been struggling since 2010, even the last couple of years with Mack (Brown). Something got into this program that’s like a virus, and it’s permeated itself for over a decade now. So to get it done right, you can’t put a Band-Aid on this problem and a Band-Aid over there and expect it to be ‘look we’re 8-4, everything’s fine over here.’ Nope. It’s almost like a decayed tooth. You gotta really go to work on that thing.” — Kirk Herbstreet

image.jpeg.a84644fdb8263df70239c8539d603e5f.jpeg