• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I love them bragging about undergrad salaries.  Maybe they do earn slightly more out of undergrad due to having more STEM majors (and it is not the typical aggy dishonesty fueled by their massive inferiority complex).  But it doesn't measure all the post grad degrees like law and MBA.  Take for example two friends who went to Texas undergad.  Both took low paying jobs in DC, one on W's staff and the other on Cornyn's.  So some aggy getting an entry level accounting job is going to blow them away on that survey.

Except both got MBAs and are now investment bankers pulling in several million a year.  It's fucking stupid.  We have far more billionaires.  Far more hundred millionaires.  Far more people worth 8 figures.  And far more alums who earn 7 figure incomes.  It is not all that close and never will be.

Hell, how do they even count people like me who went straight to law school in that survey.  

They are exceptional at working their way into middle management. If you want to cap out at $80-100K a year in a middling job, and live in the suburbs with a hive like mentality, aggy is great.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Their code doesn’t say anything about lying, cheating, AND stealing. 

Don’t forget Not-so-sharp and his “management/control” of those Houston hurricane relief funds that he’s in charge of.  What happened to all that money?  Houston’s still waiting...I believe!

Alumni salaries are self-reported individually and then reported collectively by universities. I don't trust any report of A&M's alumni salaries any more than I would trust a self-reported viewership metric from a partisan media outlet (<---- insert your favorite here). I assume they're inflated by individual Aggies that round up, and then by Texas A&M University which has a vested interest in perpetuating the myths its Aggies love so dearly. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, Hugh G. Rection said:

Is the one on the left missing some fingers?

Every time you get caught engaging in homosexual acts at aggy they cut off a digit from your middle two fingers.  After six incidents they sent you to UT.  (what I was told by an aggy back in 1980ish).

On 6/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I love them bragging about undergrad salaries.  Maybe they do earn slightly more out of undergrad due to having more STEM majors (and it is not the typical aggy dishonesty fueled by their massive inferiority complex).  But it doesn't measure all the post grad degrees like law and MBA.  Take for example two friends who went to Texas undergad.  Both took low paying jobs in DC, one on W's staff and the other on Cornyn's.  So some aggy getting an entry level accounting job is going to blow them away on that survey.

Except both got MBAs and are now investment bankers pulling in several million a year.  It's fucking stupid.  We have far more billionaires.  Far more hundred millionaires.  Far more people worth 8 figures.  And far more alums who earn 7 figure incomes.  It is not all that close and never will be.

Hell, how do they even count people like me who went straight to law school in that survey.  

The payscale.com methodology the aggys find so important to their self-worth is based on self-reported data from which anyone with any post-graduate education is excluded. Also, it excludes K-1 income, stock grants deferred compensation, and many other forms of non-W-2 compensation.

Rich Kinds is one of a long list of individuals who earn a salary of $1/yr. Via the payscale.com methodology, every aggy living in their tract home outside of Katy and dreaming of a new pick-em-up truck and a bass boat earns far more than Rich Kinder.

Advantage aggy.

If he aggy education was worth anything, the aggys would understand there is a big difference between earning income and generating wealth. But we are all well aware of the actual value of the aggy education.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1

In the years between when they upgraded from a college and declared themselves a university, and when they allowed women, and then the years between when they were responsible for scholarship reductions and jackie sherrill, they had a better record in spike ball in spring games that they didn't put the score on their rings.

I have an aggy friend.  I also just had a daughter so this is my first Father’s Day. She called me up today and said Happy Father’s Day.  It was nice and all, but she didn’t understand why I thought it was funny. 
So why did you think it was funny? Are you a chick?

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, even I don’t remember their first two.

Don't feel bad.  Every Aggy coach and player on those teams were dead before they started to claim the championships, so even the participants never knew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1