Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

The two things I like best about A&M?

1) That the tradition of the 12th man is simply A&M's endless celebration of their willingness to cheat to win.

2) That A&M now cheers and basks in the victories of their betters in the SEC, when they whined like little bitches when their betters OU and Texas were National powers.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1

• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Went to a live recording of The Solid Verbal podcast in Dallas last night. Q&A session after the recording, every question asked by the audience was about the podcast/CFB landscape/or the asker’s own team.... except the aggy (class of 87) who asked if the LHN will be a business school case study for failed media investments and how it killed the big 12.

The hosts pretty much called him out for why he’s asking Bc all aggy ever claims is they’re in a better place and that Tx got their cash so it’s certainly not a failure on their end.

aggy fluctuates back and forth depending upon what direction their farts are flowing. they're the worst cult ever when it comes to redirecting any perceived negativity. 

aggy is irrelevant.  They always have been and they always will be.  They may get lucky every 50 years or so and win a 3 way tie division championship.   Alabama, LSU, and Auburn are better programs.  Jimbo is about to get exposed.  aggy is real salty now, but without Sternberger and Erik McCoy that offense is going to suffer.  Mond is sometimes slow on finding his targets and releasing the ball on time.   He holds the ball too long and losing some OL may force him  to run more that he wants.  They lost RB Williams and unless Jimbo struck gold with Corbin, they will have some growing pains at RB.  I am not seeing where this 10-2 optimism is coming from.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

I've been reading that thread and trying to understand what it's about. Apparently aggy is butthurt because rant poI rsters have been giving them grief that they've been getting their asses kicked in recruiting for the past couple weeks. The aggy response is to boycott the board because their secx3 brethren haven't been standing up for them. Such bitches. They need their safe space. 

I would say this is the most embarrassing part of aggys. Their constant need for inclusion and approval is sad. They really are an abused step child. 

I just ran to the store for some cilantro. A giant ass fucking dually with mud flaps I’ve never seen before is parked on my street. The front of the car has an upside down longhorn trailer hitch cover in bright ass burnt orange. Its the only flare on the truck. Amazingly no aTm stickers, SEC stickers, 12th man stickers. 

Hate us more than they love themselves indeed. 

Dumbasses need to learn their role. They didn’t come to the sec to be co leaders of the conference and have a brotherly rivalry with Alabama. They came on to be footbridge that the sec walked on to get a foothold into Texas recruiting and TV markets. They are Mississippi State, not alabama. Occasional spurts of “pretty good” infrequently breaking up a pattern of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just ran to the store for some cilantro. A giant ass fucking dually with mud flaps I’ve never seen before is parked on my street. The front of the car has an upside down longhorn trailer hitch cover in bright ass burnt orange. Its the only flare on the truck. Amazingly no aTm stickers, SEC stickers, 12th man stickers. 

You should have flipped the car over and posted a photo on teh Facebook.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, bluto said:

Went to a live recording of The Solid Verbal podcast in Dallas last night. Q&A session after the recording, every question asked by the audience was about the podcast/CFB landscape/or the asker’s own team.... except the aggy (class of 87) who asked if the LHN will be a business school case study for failed media investments and how it killed the big 12.

The hosts pretty much called him out for why he’s asking Bc all aggy ever claims is they’re in a better place and that Tx got their cash so it’s certainly not a failure on their end.

Let me guess, the aggys believe ESPN should have raised the pay structure in sports broadcasting, and cost themselves millions, by foregoing LHN as a concept development vehicle and instead poaching necessary staff from existing networks.

Doing so would have forced ESPN to raise the payroll for existing staff to match the newly inflated pay structure. They needed enough production staff to televise 1000 events annually.

ESPN ran the numbers and realized it was FAR cheaper to first launch LHN under Stephanie Druley's leadership, let her build her management team and train some necessary staff, and then use the new staff and lessons learned to manage the much bigger SECN project.

Being reasonable people, ESPN management realized it was cheaper to bring in new hires and train them up. Did anyone ever hear of Sam Ponder before LHN? Kaylee Hartung?

The money lost on getting LHN to break-even status was FAR less than what it would have cost ESPN to have launched SECN with no existing staff or infrastructure. LHN was the developmental test bed for what was to be SECN.

Remember, Kansas had been making millions annually in T3 revenues they were not sharing with anyone else in the conference. They had been doing so for years prior to when UT approached A&M about a joint venture to monetize T3 rights. And aggy said nothing about Kansas' T3 revenues.

aggys are idiots who don't understand how to build things, which is why they can't understand why a small scale venture to develop LHN was the smartest first step ESPN could have made if they wanted to eventually manage a conference network such as SECN.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

I've been reading that thread and trying to understand what it's about. Apparently aggy is butthurt because rant posters have been giving them grief that they've been getting their asses kicked in recruiting for the past couple weeks. The aggy response is to boycott the board because their secx3 brethren haven't been standing up for them. Such bitches. They need their safe space. 
aggy safe space...

647199bbf3006ff637c8e0b8f17b2bd0.jpg096f2cbd6a4a61753d17db6c4277e981.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Could be sooner. Or is the truck maroon?

Dumbasses need to learn their role. They didn’t come to the sec to be co leaders of the conference and have a brotherly rivalry with Alabama. They came on to be footbridge that the sec walked on to get a foothold into Texas recruiting and TV markets. They are Mississippi State, not alabama. Occasional spurts of “pretty good” infrequently breaking up a pattern of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Footbridge that the SEC SEC SEC walked on?

9b4f8465fc9af3dfab8f437f0886ec4c.jpg

Evidently the sec didn't know African or European and so were cast into the Gorge of Eternal aggy.

11 hours ago, Chopper said:

I've been reading that thread and trying to understand what it's about. Apparently aggy is butthurt because rant posters have been giving them grief that they've been getting their asses kicked in recruiting for the past couple weeks. The aggy response is to boycott the board because their secx3 brethren haven't been standing up for them. Such bitches. They need their safe space. 

Sheesh, just over the weekend the rollercoaster went into a last minute minute vertical climb before the rapidly approaching fall... Mean ole SECSECSEC.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Should have thanked him for his donation... assuming it was a licensed product.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To be fair, they've had so many. Also, making fun of them is "not cool"?!?

They got away with fucking negligent homicide. The cocksuckers can certainly stand a little sarcasm. I see zero reason for an embargo on the subject.

While not cool to make fun of this situation, I remember some of these people saying "wish Charles Whitman had been a better shot."

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not funny that their ignorance and negligence killed students. It's also not funny that aggy has done everything to make those who lost their lives because of their ineptitude martyrs to the aggy cause, and threatened the families to not sue. 

Maybe I should have posted pics of the equestrian arena, the basketball arena, the aggy engineered high school stadium that didn't have enough rebar, the renovated Kroger Field that almost collapsed because they played "Sandstorm", or any of the myriad of pitiful aggy engineering designs.

Point is, idiots are always on the verge of almost killing people. Funny it's only been 12, so far.

And yeah, that was a bonfire collapse that didn't kill anyone, but should have been a warning, but, you know, aggy.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 7

Proposed moratorium on Rant postingPosted on 8/16/19 at 11:07 am

The ground rules are simple. 

If you are not participating, keep doing what you were already doing. 

If you are participating, starting tomorrow, (Monday, the 19th) no posts or topics on the rant. Whether or not you want to RA is up to you but the shittier mods will out you for it. 

Keep the Texas State game thread on this board. 

Anyone that wants to go back to the Rant after the (31st by a current vote of 15-1) can do as they so choose. 

If you want to post on the Score Board, that's your choice as well, just keep our game thread here. 

Feel free to post your favorite melts on the OT thread.

--So, aggy is getting its feeling hurt, and will show secrant that the site will just collapse when big ole Texas aggy is not posting over there.  We will run away and hope it hurts y'all,  Take our posts and go home.  Not getting respect.  Boo hoo.  Sound familiar?  What pussies!
  • Like 2

Proposed moratorium on Rant postingPosted on 8/16/19 at 11:07 am   The ground rules are simple. 

If you are not participating, keep doing what you were already doing. 

If you are participating, starting tomorrow, (Monday, the 19th) no posts or topics on the rant. Whether or not you want to RA is up to you but the shittier mods will out you for it. 

Keep the Texas State game thread on this board. 

Anyone that wants to go back to the Rant after the (31st by a current vote of 15-1) can do as they so choose. 

If you want to post on the Score Board, that's your choice as well, just keep our game thread here. 

Feel free to post your favorite melts on the OT thread.   --So, aggy is getting its feeling hurt, and will show secrant that the site will just collapse when big ole Texas aggy is not posting over there.  We will run away and hope it hurts y'all,  Take our posts and go home.  Not getting respect.  Boo hoo.  Sound familiar?  What pussies!
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKERS, DO Y'ALL SPEAK IT?

what the fuck does that gibberish them aggy posted even mean?

8 hours ago, Zone Read said:

While not cool to make fun of this situation, I remember some of these people saying "wish Charles Whitman had been a better shot."

In the 1970s I personally saw a Sooner fan at the OU game wearing a T-shirt that read “Where is Charles Whitman When You Need Him?”. He was getting stares like a leper.

11 hours ago, Deej said:

Yeah, it's not funny that their ignorance and negligence killed students. It's also not funny that aggy has done everything to make those who lost their lives because of their ineptitude martyrs to the aggy cause, and threatened the families to not sue. 

Maybe I should have posted pics of the equestrian arena, the basketball arena, the aggy engineered high school stadium that didn't have enough rebar, the renovated Kroger Field that almost collapsed because they played "Sandstorm", or any of the myriad of pitiful aggy engineering designs.

Point is, idiots are always on the verge of almost killing people. Funny it's only been 12, so far.

And yeah, that was a bonfire collapse that didn't kill anyone, but should have been a warning, but, you know, aggy.

The entire concept that it was reasonable for children to undertake a major engineering project with no design plans, no permits, no professional supervision, and no inspections is something only completely irresponsible individuals could dream up, let alone promote and encourage as many children as possible to participate in.

Add in sleep deprivation and an abundance of alcohol and one gets criminal negligence. Except when the idiots responsible are from the agricultural branch college of The University of Texas.

For far too long, the people of Texas have dealt with the mental deficiencies of those the state of Texas assigns to Texas A&M. For far too long, the people of Texas have been making excuses for aggy cultural stupidity. Texans have long held aggys to lower standards because we understand aggys lack the mental capacity to do any better. Instead of a great engineering school such as MIT, Cal Tech or Georgia Tech, Texans gets saddled with Texas A&M. It is a sad commentary on the people of Texas that they can do no better than Texas A&M.

It has been twenty years since aggy stupidity killed those twelve kids. It is long past the time we began talking about it openly and honestly. Texans have been making excuses for the aggys since the school began operation in 1876. Yes, the intellectual deficiencies are not to be mocked, but when those mental incapacities lead to mass homicide, it is wrong to simply pat the perpetrators on the head in a paternalistic manner and once again say "It's ok little aggy, we know you couldn't do any better."

There is a reason Texas does not have a great public engineering university. The reason is the people of Texas tolerate the stupidity that defines Texas A&M and aggy culture. Even when that stupidity produces mass homicide.

This fall, the aggys will celebrate aggy stupidity by holding the homicide victims as martyrs and as victims of "an unforeseeable act of God."

No design plans. No permits. No professional supervision. No inspections. Sleep Deprivation. An abundance of alcohol. Not the elements of "an unforeseeable act of God." The elements of aggy stupidity.

And let us not forget no one was ever held personally accountable for what happened. Because the murder site was within eyesight of the presidential library of the then-sitting governor of Texas, the authorities acted as if nothing happened. The school hid (yet again) behind sovereign immunity.

No one should ever allow anyone to forget or to mischaracterize what aggy cultural stupidity did to those kids.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The entire concept that it was reasonable for children to undertake a major engineering project with no design plans, no permits, no professional supervision, and no inspections is something only the completely irresponsible individuals could dream up, let alone promote.

Add in sleep deprivation and an abundance of alcohol and one gets criminal negligence.Except when the idiots are from the agricultural branch college of The University of Texas.

For far too long, the people of Texas have dealt with the mental deficiencies of those Texas assigns to Texas A&M by making excuses. Texans have long held aggys to lower standards because we believe they lack the mental capacity to do any better. Instead of a great engineering school such as MIT, Cal Tech or Georgia Tech, Texas gets saddled with Texas A&M. It is a sad commentary on the people of Texas that they can do no better than Texas A&M.

It has been twenty years since aggy stupidity killed those twelve kids. It is long past the time we began talking about it openly and honestly. Texans have been making excuses for the aggys since the school began operation. Yes, intellectual deficiencies are not to be mocked, but when mental incapacities lead to mass homicide, it is wrong to pat the perpetrators on the head in a paternalistic manner and say "It's ok, we know you couldn't do any better."

There is a reason Texas does not have a great public engineering university. The reason is the people of Texas tolerate the stupidity that defines Texas A&M and aggy culture. Even when that stupidity produces mass homicide.

This fall, the aggys will celebrate aggy stupidity by holding the homicide victims as martyrs and as victims of "an unforeseeable act of God."

No design plans. No permits. No professional supervision. No inspections. Sleep Deprivation. An abundance of alcohol. Not the elements of "an unforeseeable act of God." The elements of aggy stupidity.

No one should never allow them to forget or to mischaracterize what they did to those kids.

I mean, going to have to disagree with you there unless you have some piece of information for clarification, because I'm under the opinion that Texas's engineering program is a pretty great public engineering program. I'd be curious to hear your criteria for "great," and we know all about aTm fools gold in rankings, but Texas hovers right around the 10th best in the country. 

• Like 2

So, aggy is getting its feeling hurt, and will show secrant that the site will just collapse when big ole Texas aggy is not posting over there.  We will run away and hope it hurts y'all,  Take our posts and go home.  Not getting respect.  Boo hoo.  Sound familiar?  What pussies!

No matter where aggy goes, there they are.

Hilarious to see their "SEC brothers" have figured these wannabe dickweeds out so quickly. What percentage of SEC fandom do y'all think would rather have UT in their league than aggy? It's gotta be 90%+, minimum.

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, going to have to disagree with you there unless you have some piece of information for clarification, because I'm under the opinion that Texas's engineering program is a pretty great public engineering program. I'd be curious to hear your criteria for "great," and we know all about aTm fools gold in rankings, but Texas hovers right around the 10th best in the country. 

this is not an opinion, and it doesn't even need the "public" qualifier

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

No matter where aggy goes, there they are.

Hilarious to see their "SEC brothers" have figured these wannabe dickweeds out so quickly. What percentage of SEC fandom do y'all think would rather have UT in their league than aggy? It's gotta be 90%+, minimum.

I think they’d rather have aggy as a punching bag, but UT for the prestige & national brand. Not to mention elevating the academic average.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Don't forget the Olympic swimming pool that was discovered to be too short after all of the record breaking swims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

this is not an opinion, and it doesn't even need the "public" qualifier

The Higher Education Coordinating Board makes sure UT Austin and A&M serve distinct and separate purposes, although no aggy will admit as much. UT Austin has always been the public university designated to accept the best and brightest and to send them in a direction to assume leadership positions in each and every possible field. A&M has always been the school offering a non-academically rigorous vocational education to the masses. A&M claims to be "the oldest public university in Texas." That is unequivocally not true. Universities and colleges are not one and the same. Texas Tech and U of H began operation as public universities decades before A&M.

UT Austin has long offered an excellent technical education, but UT simply isn't designed to offer such an education to the masses. Part of Bill Powers' argument against Rick Perry's "reforms" was that if UT were to pivot and start to educate the masses, the limited resources provided by the legislature would lessen the quality of the UT education to the point that UT and A&M would essentially be indistinguishable. Were that to happen, the state of Texas would have no public university accepting the best and brightest and sending them in a direction to assume leadership positions in each and every possible field.

The state of Texas produces engineers every bit as brilliant as those graduating from MIT, Cal Tech and Georgia Tech, but they aren't coming from Texas A&M. They are coming from UT Austin and UT Dallas. That A&M cannot compete with the likes of MIT, Cal Tech or Georgia Tech is a stain on the reputation of the state of Texas and it is directly the result of the idiots at A&M who put more emphasis on culture than on education. As a result, A&M gives the people of Texas graduates deeply immersed in aggy culture and saddled with a second-rate education. Thankfully, the UT Regents understand just how badly Rick Perry's "reforms" are harming the Texas economy and they have placed added emphasis on producing quality technical graduates from system schools such as UT Dallas.

The mentally deficient will continue to be sent to Texas A&M in ever increasing numbers, to be indoctrinated in redneck fairy tale culture, while the UT Regents focus on the educational needs of the Texas economy. In time, UTD will be the public university in Texas on par with MIT, Cal Tech, and Georgia Tech, and aggy will continue to teach kids to squeeze their genitals, act like jackasses, and believe that Texas A&M won WWII all by themselves.

• Like 2

RD - I don't think anybody was arguing against any of your points re:aggy.  They are simply taking issue with this statement you made:  "There is a reason Texas does not have a great public engineering university."

The implication here is that UT is not a great engineering university.  And that is incorrect.

28 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

RD - I don't think anybody was arguing against any of your points re:aggy.  They are simply taking issue with this statement you made:  "There is a reason Texas does not have a great public engineering university."

The implication here is that UT is not a great engineering university.  And that is incorrect.

Exactly. RD is like a runaway factory robot sometimes.

44 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

We are differing on semantics. I consider MIT, Cal Tech and even UT Dallas to have operating models separate and distinct from UT Austin. UT Austin has a great engineering college, but I think few people look at UT Austin as an engineering university. I know I consider UT Austin to be much more than an engineering university.