• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

59 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Living out of state, I need some help with the acceptable nomenclature.

When asked  about Texas A&M, do we explain it is where the state of Texas sends its mentally retarded for a certificate type vocational education, or is where the state of Texas sends its intellectually disabled for a certificate type vocational education?

Seeing how it is football season, I will inevitably get a number of questions after people see the crowd shots of the aggy games on tv. Best to be prepared in advance. 

aggypedia is your friend.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

When asked  about Texas A&M, do we explain it is where the state of Texas sends its mentally retarded for a certificate type vocational education, or is where the state of Texas sends its intellectually disabled for a certificate type vocational education?

Seeing how it is football season, I will inevitably get a number of questions after people see the crowd shots of the aggy games on tv. Best to be prepared in advance. 

tell them it is where we trick all of our Dunning-Kruger types into going to college-- we aren't able to get them all, but we're able to sequester 60,000 or so at a time, giving us at least a prayer of quarantine

Edited by SwanderedTalent

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You go too far.  It is an above average school that has slipped.  Stick to making fun of them being some of the biggest liars around who deify shitty coaches until they turn on them

If A&M wasn’t today a branch of UT it would have failed to exist long ago. Since it was founded, it has been providing non-academically rigorous vocational education, first as essentially a vocational high school for miscreant farm children, not as a post-secondary vocational institution. Remember that between 1876 and 1918, fewer than 8% of those enrolled were granted a college degree. 

That being said, what is the appropriate nomenclature for those the state is encouraging to go to A&M for their vocational education, mentally retarded, intellectually disabled, or some other technical term?

And the aggy RELLIS campus is also being designed for the mentally retarded, correct? Or is just their main campus for the mentally retarded? 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:55 PM, Pimphand said:

Watch the fucking documentary before getting defensive

Haven't seen it yet, but gotdamn, I could tell from the trailer that it wasn't gonna be kind to us. Every other fucking shot was something bad happening to Texas. Nothing good.

12 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The school exists to keep the mid-level cubicle farm and suburban McMansion industries going.

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The school exists to keep the mid-level cubicle farm and suburban McMansion industries going.

But they’re rich.  See the pay scale.com online starting salary survey.  

Nevermind how it would rank an insurance salesman in Cypress like Daddy98 “richer” than my buddy whose first job out of UT was working in the Whitehouse.   Who then went back to Texas for his MBA and now pulls in millions a year as a senior investment banker.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

On 8/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Of course, being aggys, not one of them has even considered taking the Waffle House concept and building on it, creating something unique to College Station and actually more impressive than just a Waffle House. 

They actually have a waffle place, called Mess. And it is pretty good, too. But it isn't a white trash Mecca, and therefore has no real appeal to non-millennial aggy rank-and-file.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

But they’re rich.  See the pay scale.com online starting salary survey.  

Nevermind how it would rank an insurance salesman in Cypress like Daddy98 “richer” than my buddy whose first job out of UT was working in the Whitehouse.   Who then went back to Texas for his MBA and now pulls in millions a year as a senior investment banker.  

They each got 3500 sq. ft. in Katy and a jet ski. That’s rich bitch!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

They actually have a waffle place, called Mess. And it is pretty good, too. But it isn't a white trash Mecca, and therefore has no real appeal to non-millennial aggy rank-and-file.

Ah! So the push to have a Waffle House in College Station is an example of a white trash primitive culture wanting a white trash Mecca?

It makes sense, seeing how they no longer have their annual festival worshiping the of the Gods of fire, semen, and testicular constriction.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You're on to something there. As in most things, your redass Aggie likes to talk about what a unique place A&M is (sadly, true) while being part of an oppressively conformist culture. 

The Waffle House mania shows how bad they want to fit in. They are the crazy girl who shows up at a wedding dressed as a bridesmaid for a bride who didn't even invite the crazy girl to the wedding.

"See! I'm just fitting right in with my new friends who love me. We're family!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyhmVZozUMWeB26_I2guU

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

You're on to something there. As in most things, your redass Aggie likes to talk about what a unique place A&M is (sadly, true) while being part of an oppressively conformist culture. 

The Waffle House mania shows how bad they want to fit in. They are the crazy girl who shows up at a wedding dressed as a bridesmaid for a bride who didn't even invite the crazy girl to the wedding.

"See! I'm just fitting right in with my new friends who love me. We're family!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyhmVZozUMWeB26_I2guU

While true, it goes beyond that and is emblematic of small town thinking. If you're from a small town, you crave the recognition that you'll have "arrived" if only Chili's or Applebee's would open a franchise in your town. With one of them, you'll have made it to the big time fellas.

I have to admit I felt a twinge of this when Home Depot opened in my own home town - albeit, unsuccessfully, in a closed down auto dealership and was modeled after an Amazon Prime pickup location which subsequently closed. Of course, the locals blame its closure on the evil landlord for raising the rent on Home Depot.

But I digress... Apparently, Waffle House holds that sort cache in former Confederate territories (I don't why, because I've never stepped inside one and don't know the allure). For them, having one serves as a tangible marker of their successful transition. Screw "The Mess," whatever that is, in spite of it being a genuiine, home-grown, locally-owned place. Fuck that particular "tradition."

No, what aggy seeks is the sort of external validation that can only be heaped upon them through the location of an ugly redheaded stepchild to Denny's. It ain't *tradition* that matters to them; it's the flare of a recognizable brand as a social marker that they fit in. That they truly belong. That they conform.

But, as always, the joke is on aggy. No matter where they go, they're still who they are. And, really, there's no one who's very comfortable in their presence. 

• Like 5

they didn't completely scrub all the Jameis/ Jimbo stuff... (Don't care, got Jimbo)

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2527024/1

Sea Gull

4:25p, 9/16/14

AG

It's all good. Tallahassee police will investigate it next year.

AgDotCom

4:27p, 9/16/14

Everything in this guy's past has been done with impunity, why not this? 

The first consequences will be on draft day when he slips out of the Top Ten due to character issues.......and more importantly, risk to the franchise.

allshine

6:38p, 9/16/14

AG

What's so bad about that???? It's not like he raped someone, amiright?

razor63

7:10a, 9/17/14

AG

Weird, insane an idiot whatever you want to call it he's been a disgrace to college football

Deadwood

8:20a, 9/17/14

AG

It's so ridiculous when they interview FSU coaches and all they talk about is how smart he is and what a great kid he is, and how he's misunderstood. 

If he sucked at football, you'd be saying he's an idiot, a rapist, and a thief. But got to keep him on the field because he scrong.

Sea Gull

12:07p, 9/17/14

AG

From Jimbo Fisher: 

Quote:"It was not a good decision," Fisher said. "You can't make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory to any person, race or gender. You have to understand that." 
"You have to be very intelligent about what you say, (because) it matters."

So it's ok to rape women, but making a derogatory comment is over the top. Got it, FSU. 

UncoverAg00

1:07p, 9/17/14

AG

What I find most interesting is that Jameis Rapist comments are solely focused on how his actions have affected his ability to play. To me, that doesn't illustrate anything other than his thought that the most important thing is being able to play... he has no moral compass other than being on the field.

mathguy86

9:36p, 9/17/14

AG

Im thinking he didn't see the suspension coming. 

Rape a chick and get away with it when FSU and TPD look the other way while you win a Heisman? Check. 
Steal stuff form McDonalds and no one says boo? Check. 
Shoplift crablegs, get caught, and the football coach does nothing? Check. 
Stand on a table in the Student Union and proclaim how and where you laid pipe? Suspension. 

They taught him he was invincible. What was he supposed to think?

hypeiv

1:45a, 9/20/14

AG

accused of rape -> no suspension 

convicted of shop lifting -> no suspension 

Cusses in public -> 1 game suspension 

seems about right

HTownAg98

8:38a, 9/20/14

He went to the Dez Bryant School of Denying Things That Can Be Proven. 

He also managed to serve the suspension for the shoplifting by sitting out a series for the baseball team.

13 0 Branding Iron

2:24a, 9/21/14

AG

Kicked off the team? Suspended indefinitely? 

Post game press conference had JF saying Winston was the QB of the team starting Monday, period. No more will be spoken about any alleged indiscretions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can we get an emancipation update?

I found a place in Chapel Hill that has great salsa. Their chicken quesadilla is seasoned a little more like Thai food than TexMex, but the salsa is legit.

Still looking for exactly the perfect land for our little project, but I am 100% emancipated from the armpit of the universe known as College Station, Texas.

• Like 3

As is well known, I have often pointed out the fraudulent basis of aggy's claim to be "the oldest public university in Texas." Part of the fraudulent nature of the statement is that A&M was a college, not a university from its founding until 1963.

Another element of the fraud is that by "college," they didn't mean college as in the present day usage. In today's vernacular, a college is a post-secondary educational institution offering only undergraduate degrees, not graduate degrees.

Texas A&M was essentially founded as a glorified high school and reform school for derelict farm children whose parents often wanted to dump them off as wards of the state. The intent was to take these wayward runts and give them the necessary vocational training to be able to return and assume responsibilities on the family farm.

The aggy year books are available online, starting with the 1895 "Olio." I pulled that yearbook up and ran the numbers. The average age of the 1895 "graduating" class of The A&M College in May 1895 was just over 19 years old. That means they entered the school at an average of 15. The youngest in the class graduated at the age of 17 yrs 6 mos, with meant he entered the school at the age of 13. Remember when A&M opened, the instructors didn't even use textbooks.(I place "graduating" in parentheses because until at least well into the 1920s, very few aggys actually graduated. The overwhelming majority simply left after four years, if not sooner. From 1876-1918, the total graduation rate of A&M was under 8% of students admitted. This is why their alumni association is today still known as The Association of Former Students. Avoidance of the topic of actual graduation has always been important to the aggys)

Because the "college" was full of undisciplined high school boys not intent on getting a true education, the administrators had to rely on the "corps of cadets" to provide a disciplinary structure. Also because the school was full of undisciplined high school boys not intent on getting a true education, the regents of The University, of which the A&M college was a branch, wanted nothing to do with the college. Charged with running a university modeled on UVa ("Mr. Jefferson's university"), and intended to compete with the great classical universities of the world (the "universities of the first class"), the regents wanted nothing to do with also running a reformatory high school for farm boys.

The people of the state of Texas despised the college primarily because it was not "of, by and for the people of Texas (it was a product of federal intervention in state education, a vestige of the carpetbagger Reconstructionist legislature, and a drain on state funds). Additionally, because the college was so poorly run and the kids were not well educated during their time at the college, the people of Texas repeatedly called for it to be shut down.

When it is discussed that in the first football game ever played (against the Varsity team of The University) the aggy team quit at halftime and refused to come back out on the field for the second half, remember the aggy team was a high school team playing against older (and of course more intelligent) opponents from Austin. The first aggy football victory was against Galveston Ball High School. aggy v Ball High was a far more evenly matched game as both teams were high school teams.

The ags credit Sul Ross (known today for the racially motivated murder of African-American U.S. Army soldiers taken prisoner) as being the major influence in the formative years of the A&M high school/ college/ university, but it was David Franklin Houston who actually made the greatest contribution to the salvation of the high school/ college/ university when he raised the mandatory minimum age of admission from 13 to 18 in 1904. Because recognizing Houston's action would necessitate having to admit A&M was founded as a high school, the ags have completely erased Houston's contributions to the school in favor of a hagiographic memory of Ol' Biscuit Eater Ross (Sul Ross died from eating breakfast biscuits laced with rat poison).

On the bright side for the aggys, in researching this I did find a "first" the ags probably should get credit for. That "first" seems to be connected with the aggy class ring. From what I can tell, in 1889 the A&M college appears to have originated the tradition of high school class rings in Texas.

Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

As is well known, I have often pointed out the fraudulent basis of aggy's claim to be "the oldest public university in Texas." Part of the fraudulent nature of the statement is that A&M was a college, not a university from its founding until 1963.

Another element of the fraud is that by "college," they didn't mean college as in the present day usage. In today's vernacular, a college is a post-secondary educational institution offering only undergraduate degrees, not graduate degrees.

Texas A&M was essentially founded as a glorified high school and reform school for derelict farm children whose parents often wanted to dump them off as wards of the state. The intent was to take these wayward runts and give them the necessary vocational training to be able to return and assume responsibilities on the family farm.

The aggy year books are available online, starting with the 1895 "Olio." I pulled that yearbook up and ran the numbers. The average of the 1895 "graduating" class of The A&M College was just over 19 years old. That means they entered the school at an average of 15. The youngest in the class graduated at the age of 17 yrs 6 mos, with meant he entered the school at the age of 13. Remember when A&M opened, the instructors didn't even use textbooks.

Because the "college" was full of undisciplined high school boys not intent on getting a true education, the administrators had to rely on the "corps of cadets" to provide a disciplinary structure. Also because the school was full of undisciplined high school boys not intent on getting a true education, the regents of The University, of which the A&M college was a branch, wanted nothing to do with the college. Charged with running a university modeled on UVa ("Mr. Jefferson's university"), and intended to compete with the great classical universities of the world (the "universities of the first class"), the regents wanted nothing to do with also running a reformatory high school for farm boys.

The people of the state of Texas despised the college primarily because it was not "of, by and for the people of Texas (it was a product of federal intervention in state education, a vestige of the carpetbagger Reconstructionist legislature, and a drain on state funds). Additionally, because the college was so poorly run and the kids were not well educated during their time at the college, the people of Texas repeatedly called for it to be shut down.

When it is discussed that in the first football game ever played (against the Varsity team of The University) the aggy team quit at halftime and refused to come back out on the field for the second half, remember the aggy team was high school team. The first aggy football victory was against Galveston Ball High School. aggy v Ball High was a far more evenly matched game as both teams were high school teams.

The ags credit Sul Ross (known today for the racially motivated murder of African-American U.S. Army soldiers taken prisoner) as being the major influence in the formative years of the A&M high school/ college/ university, but it was David Franklin Houston who actually made the greatest contribution to the salvation of the high school/ college/ university when he raised the mandatory minimum age of admission from 13 to 18 in 1904. Because recognizing Houston's action would necessitate having to admit A&M was founded as a high school, the ags have completely erased Houston's contributions to the school in favor of a hagiographic memory of Ol' Biscuit Eater Ross (Sul Ross died from eating breakfast biscuits laced with rat poison).

On the bright side for the aggys, in researching this I did find a "first" the ags get credit seem to get credit for. That "first" seems to be connected with the aggy class ring. From what I can tell, in 1889 the A&M college originated the Texas tradition of high school class rings.

Here endeth the lesson.

What documentation do you have on Houston?

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

While true, it goes beyond that and is emblematic of small town thinking. If you're from a small town, you crave the recognition that you'll have "arrived" if only Chili's or Applebee's would open a franchise in your town. With one of them, you'll have made it to the big time fellas.

I have to admit I felt a twinge of this when Home Depot opened in my own home town - albeit, unsuccessfully, in a closed down auto dealership and was modeled after an Amazon Prime pickup location which subsequently closed. Of course, the locals blame its closure on the evil landlord for raising the rent on Home Depot.

But I digress... Apparently, Waffle House holds that sort cache in former Confederate territories (I don't why, because I've never stepped inside one and don't know the allure). For them, having one serves as a tangible marker of their successful transition. Screw "The Mess," whatever that is, in spite of it being a genuiine, home-grown, locally-owned place. Fuck that particular "tradition."

No, what aggy seeks is the sort of external validation that can only be heaped upon them through the location of an ugly redheaded stepchild to Denny's. It ain't *tradition* that matters to them; it's the flare of a recognizable brand as a social marker that they fit in. That they truly belong. That they conform.

But, as always, the joke is on aggy. No matter where they go, they're still who they are. And, really, there's no one who's very comfortable in their presence. 

I cannot even imagine living in a place where Waffle House = Validation for the locals.

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Chili's or Applebee's? Hell my hometown damn near had a parade when we got a Sonic.