Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

While true, it goes beyond that and is emblematic of small town thinking. If you're from a small town, you crave the recognition that you'll have "arrived" if only Chili's or Applebee's would open a franchise in your town. With one of them, you'll have made it to the big time fellas.

I have to admit I felt a twinge of this when Home Depot opened in my own home town - albeit, unsuccessfully, in a closed down auto dealership and was modeled after an Amazon Prime pickup location which subsequently closed. Of course, the locals blame its closure on the evil landlord for raising the rent on Home Depot.

But I digress... Apparently, Waffle House holds that sort cache in former Confederate territories (I don't why, because I've never stepped inside one and don't know the allure). For them, having one serves as a tangible marker of their successful transition. Screw "The Mess," whatever that is, in spite of it being a genuiine, home-grown, locally-owned place. Fuck that particular "tradition."

No, what aggy seeks is the sort of external validation that can only be heaped upon them through the location of an ugly redheaded stepchild to Denny's. It ain't *tradition* that matters to them; it's the flare of a recognizable brand as a social marker that they fit in. That they truly belong. That they conform.

But, as always, the joke is on aggy. No matter where they go, they're still who they are. And, really, there's no one who's very comfortable in their presence. 

Once they banned smoking in restaurants in FL (sometime around 2000), I became a big fan of Waffle House. Cheap, quick, and good. When you got out of town, it's like going to Five Guys. Low-priced with standardized menu. No (bad) surprises. Moreover, they stay open later before and reopen earlier after storms than everyone else. Kind of cool to eat at one less than 24 hours after a hurricane has come through.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

27 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Once they banned smoking in restaurants in FL (sometime around 2000), I became a big fan of Waffle House. Cheap, quick, and good. When you got out of town, it's like going to Five Guys. Low-priced with standardized menu. No (bad) surprises. Moreover, they stay open later before and reopen earlier after storms than everyone else. Kind of cool to eat at one less than 24 hours after a hurricane has come through.

Yeah, I've the place is some sort of hurricane recovery indicator and rha FEMA people meet there.

Longhorn fans should feel free to talk as much shit over program revenues as they want to with the aggys. The fiscal year ends on Aug 31. That is the date the financial snapshot is taken for the 2018-2019 financials filed with the Department of Education reports than can be found here https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

The aggy capital campaigns have ended and their reported revenues will fall back down to the $150 mil level (out of the top 10).

Meanwhile, with the SEZ pledges beginning to roll in, UT revenues are going to soar. And by soar, we are talking $220 mil in operating revenue, plus at least $125 million in SEZ pledges. 

I’m not sure if the timing of the SEZ income, but the $225 mil in operating income is in the bank, and some time between this fiscal year and next, at least another $125 mil will be recorded.

We very easily could see aggy drop from $200 mil in overall revenue to less than $150 mil and UT jump to well over $300 mil. Depending on a couple of factors, aggy could be below $150 mil and UT could post over $350 mil. 

Just giving people a heads up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I found a place in Chapel Hill that has great salsa. Their chicken quesadilla is seasoned a little more like Thai food than TexMex, but the salsa is legit.

Still looking for exactly the perfect land for our little project, but I am 100% emancipated from the armpit of the universe known as College Station, Texas.

...and that's a fact...Jack!  Congrats!

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Longhorn fans should feel free to talk as much shit over program revenues as they want to with the aggys. The fiscal year ends on Aug 31. That is the date the financial snapshot is taken for the 2018-2019 financials filed with the Department of Education reports than can be found here https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

The aggy capital campaigns have ended and their reported revenues will fall back down to the $150 mil level (out of the top 10).

Meanwhile, with the SEZ pledges beginning to roll in, UT revenues are going to soar. And by soar, we are talking $220 mil in operating revenue, plus at least $125 million in SEZ pledges. 

I’m not sure if the timing of the SEZ income, but the $225 mil in operating income is in the bank, and some time between this fiscal year and next, at least another $125 mil will be recorded.

We very easily could see aggy drop from $200 mil in overall revenue to less than $150 mil and UT jump to well over $300 mil. Depending on a couple of factors, aggy could be below $150 mil and UT could post over $350 mil. 

Just giving people a heads up.

Unless there’s been a fundamental change in how CDC operates, we won’t be reporting donations as revenue the way other schools do. If we did we’d already be in the range you’re talking about. CDC has told people flat out he isn’t doing his accounting that way. So unless that changes we will still be in the 220 range. 

Del conte has discussed his own personal counter to the fake aTm revenues by releasing a “scorecard” that will detail exactly how much UT has spent on athletics and where it all went to, etc. But for some reason he doesn’t want to just play the donations as revenue game. He prefers to have other schools have to show how much less they spend on their student athletes. 

This info is almost a year old, fwiw, so maybe things have changed. But this is what he was telling the LHF last football season. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Unless there’s been a fundamental change in how CDC operates, we won’t be reporting donations as revenue the way other schools do. If we did we’d already be in the range you’re talking about. CDC has told people flat out he isn’t doing his accounting that way. So unless that changes we will still be in the 220 range. 

Del conte has discussed his own personal counter to the fake aTm revenues by releasing a “scorecard” that will detail exactly how much UT has spent on athletics and where it all went to, etc. But for some reason he doesn’t want to just play the donations as revenue game. He prefers to have other schools have to show how much less they spend on their student athletes. 

This info is almost a year old, fwiw, so maybe things have changed. But this is what he was telling the LHF last football season. 

This is the correct approach, IMHO. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by crawling down into the mud with the inbreds -- it's not like their propaganda works on anyone who wasn't already an aggy anyway.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

There is surprising little leeway in how the accounting is done. The discrepancies stem from the different reports that are compiled differently. 

The Department of Education numbers are based off the fiscal year and generally do not include capital campaign revenues.

The NCAA numbers are done on a calendar year basis and include all revenue sources, but report operating expenses separate from capital expenditures. So the press reported operating and capital donations combined, but did not subtract capital expenditures. Their "profit" was actually their capital expenditures. For the same year, Texas' operating plus capital donations was reported, but the capital donations were essentially $0, so while aggy got credit for operating revenues and capital donations, Texas only has operating revenues and an apples/oranges comparison was reported.

Now that aggy's capital donations have fallen to $0 and their operating revenues are at $150 mil, their total revenue numbers will be around $150 mil annually. For Texas, the $220 million in annual operating revenues will be supplemented by capital donations of at least $125 million from SEZ. The question is whether donations will be recognized in 2018-2019 or 2019-2020, or even 2020- 2021. We know for 2018-2021 UT will recognize at least $675 million in operating revenue, and at least $125 in capital donations. aggy will report about $450 million in operating revenues and $0 in capital donations.

So the question becomes how does Texas recognize their $800 million in total revenue. A&M will report about $450 million. Texas' debt will remain at around 7% of operating revenues. A&M's will remain at roughly 18% of operating revenues. The ags were bleating about roughly $60 million in "profit. That number for Texas could balloon as high as $175 million, more than aggy's gross annual revenues.

Bottom line, regardless of which report is reviewed, the disparity in the two programs will be jaw dropping. The only question will be just how jaw dropping. There simply is no way to massage the numbers to alter this.

The DOE numbers are available for all schools receiving federal funding and are in a public database. The NCAA reports are available only via an open records act request and only public schools are subject to those requests.

The NCAA agreed upon reporting standards can be found here: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/finance/2019NCAAFIN_AgreedUponProcedures.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is surprising little leeway in how the accounting is done. The discrepancies stem from the different reports that are compiled differently. 

The Department of Education numbers are based off the fiscal year and generally do not include capital campaign revenues.

The NCAA numbers are done on a calendar year basis and include all revenue sources, but report operating expenses separate from capital expenditures. So the press reported operating and capital donations combined, but did not subtract capital expenditures. Their "profit" was actually their capital expenditures. For the same year, Texas' operating plus capital donations was reported, but the capital donations were essentially $0, so while aggy got credit for operating revenues and capital donations, Texas only has operating revenues and an apples/oranges comparison was reported.

Now that aggy's capital donations have fallen to $0 and their operating revenues are at $150 mil, their total revenue numbers will be around $150 mil annually. For Texas, the $220 million in annual operating revenues will be supplemented by capital donations of at least $125 million from SEZ. The question is whether donations will be recognized in 2018-2019 or 2019-2020, or even 2020- 2021. We know for 2018-2021 UT will recognize at least $675 million in operating revenue, and at least $125 in capital donations. aggy will report about $450 million in operating revenues and $0 in capital donations.

So the question becomes how does Texas recognize their $800 million in total revenue. A&M will report about $450 million. Texas' debt will remain at around 7% of operating revenues. A&M's will remain at roughly 18% of operating revenues. The ags were bleating about roughly $60 million in "profit. That number for Texas could balloon as high as $175 million, more than aggy's gross annual revenues.

Bottom line, regardless of which report is reviewed, the disparity in the two programs will be jaw dropping. The only question will be just how jaw dropping. There simply is no way to massage the numbers to alter this.

The DOE numbers are available for all schools receiving federal funding and are in a public database. The NCAA reports are available only via an open records act request and only public schools are subject to those requests.

The NCAA agreed upon reporting standards can be found here: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/finance/2019NCAAFIN_AgreedUponProcedures.pdf

Really enjoy this stuff....(for some reason), but this is great for UT, since we’ve reported our #’s properly, consistently and accurately as required.  aggy, trying to one up Texas, inaccurately mislead their revenues and got the headlines to show how “rich” they were.   But now they will have to explain their decline in revenues.  Curses are like chickens; they always come home to roost.   

27 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Really enjoy this stuff....(for some reason), but this is great for UT, since we’ve reported our #’s properly, consistently and accurately as required.  aggy, trying to one up Texas, inaccurately mislead their revenues and got the headlines to show how “rich” they were.   But now they will have to explain their decline in revenues.  Curses are like chickens; they always come home to roost.   

The reporting is subject to the fat that figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Take the aggy "endowment" figures.

The ags are a branch of UT Austin, with a non-PUF endowment of roughly $500 mil. Yet, they claim to be the wealthiest public university in the nation, with an endowment of over $11B, almost 4 times that of UT Austin. And the idiot reporters lap up their claims.

The aggy athletics revenues will decline to around $150 mil.

The UT athletics numbers will be at least $225 mil, plus whatever fraction of the $125 mil SEZ donations CDC chooses to receive from donors in the 2018-2019 fiscal year.

It is what it is. And it can't be changed at this point.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

It's a very slight form of channel stuffing for lack if better terminology. Lucent Technologies shoulda told ya out front.

Look at this pussy

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3052613

username : Madman

I wasn't going to post this for a couple reasons, including that I think people will laugh at me but here it goes.

A few hours ago I had two of my three dogs out for a walk both on leashes. They are Jack Russells one 14 lb the other about 20. Two 90ish lb Pit Bulls with no collars or owner came bounding down the street. I scooped my two dogs up and tried to walk quickly without them noticing us. No luck. Jumped into the back of a parked Pick Up and they then started jumping up and trying to bite at me, get in. For some reason one got spooked when I yelled and the other followed allowing me to get out and away. 

I didn't have my pistol on me that I normally carry and yes I have a LTC. 

If I did shoot one or both of the dogs what would be the most likely legal outcome?

Just now, Zavala said:

Look at this pussy

I wasn't going to post this for a couple reasons, including that I think people will laugh at me but here it goes.

A few hours ago I had two of my three dogs out for a walk both on leashes. They are Jack Russells one 14 lb the other about 20. Two 90ish lb Pit Bulls with no collars or owner came bounding down the street. I scooped my two dogs up and tried to walk quickly without them noticing us. No luck. Jumped into the back of a parked Pick Up and they then started jumping up and trying to bite at me, get in. For some reason one got spooked when I yelled and the other followed allowing me to get out and away. 

If I did shoot one or both of the dogs what would be the most likely legal outcome?

Any dude who owns not only one, but two Jack Russells is a pussy....  IMO.

• Like 4

Apparently all that practice in skewing online polls is beginning to pay off for aggy.  They are one step closer to their idea of nirvana. 
While College Station received the most votes in Waffle House's Twitter poll on which city should receive a visit from the chain in September, it was announced Saturday morning all three cities won.
According to the official Twitter for Waffle House, the chain will visit the Clayton W. Williams Jr. Alumni Center on the Texas A&M campus from noon to 2 p.m. Sept. 4. Waffle House will also be visiting San Antonio and Oxford, Mississippi.
In a poll posted early Friday, Waffle House asked which city should receive a visit. Out of more than 69,000 votes cast, College Station received 44%, with San Antonio receiving 34% and Oxford garnering 22%. The chain announced early Saturday that they "couldn't choose just one city" to visit.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/waffle-house-to-visit-texas-a-m-campus-on-sept/article_ec61a416-c6ae-11e9-b544-cb513d4a4be7.html

Btw San Antonio, when you have Jim's, why would you want a waffle house?
So that Jims is not overrun with whooping squeezing morons, duh.

Look at this pussy

Is it.....

Muledick?
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

they didn't completely scrub all the Jameis/ Jimbo stuff... (Don't care, got Jimbo)

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2527024/1

Sea Gull

4:25p, 9/16/14

AG

It's all good. Tallahassee police will investigate it next year.

AgDotCom

4:27p, 9/16/14

Everything in this guy's past has been done with impunity, why not this? 

The first consequences will be on draft day when he slips out of the Top Ten due to character issues.......and more importantly, risk to the franchise.

allshine

6:38p, 9/16/14

AG

What's so bad about that???? It's not like he raped someone, amiright?

razor63

7:10a, 9/17/14

AG

Weird, insane an idiot whatever you want to call it he's been a disgrace to college football

Deadwood

8:20a, 9/17/14

AG

It's so ridiculous when they interview FSU coaches and all they talk about is how smart he is and what a great kid he is, and how he's misunderstood. 

If he sucked at football, you'd be saying he's an idiot, a rapist, and a thief. But got to keep him on the field because he scrong.

Sea Gull

12:07p, 9/17/14

AG

From Jimbo Fisher: 

Quote:"It was not a good decision," Fisher said. "You can't make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory to any person, race or gender. You have to understand that." 
"You have to be very intelligent about what you say, (because) it matters."

So it's ok to rape women, but making a derogatory comment is over the top. Got it, FSU. 

UncoverAg00

1:07p, 9/17/14

AG

What I find most interesting is that Jameis Rapist comments are solely focused on how his actions have affected his ability to play. To me, that doesn't illustrate anything other than his thought that the most important thing is being able to play... he has no moral compass other than being on the field.

mathguy86

9:36p, 9/17/14

AG

Im thinking he didn't see the suspension coming. 

Rape a chick and get away with it when FSU and TPD look the other way while you win a Heisman? Check. 
Steal stuff form McDonalds and no one says boo? Check. 
Shoplift crablegs, get caught, and the football coach does nothing? Check. 
Stand on a table in the Student Union and proclaim how and where you laid pipe? Suspension. 

They taught him he was invincible. What was he supposed to think?

hypeiv

1:45a, 9/20/14

AG

accused of rape -> no suspension 

convicted of shop lifting -> no suspension 

Cusses in public -> 1 game suspension 

seems about right

HTownAg98

8:38a, 9/20/14

He went to the Dez Bryant School of Denying Things That Can Be Proven. 

He also managed to serve the suspension for the shoplifting by sitting out a series for the baseball team.

13 0 Branding Iron

2:24a, 9/21/14

AG

Kicked off the team? Suspended indefinitely? 

Post game press conference had JF saying Winston was the QB of the team starting Monday, period. No more will be spoken about any alleged indiscretions.

Saved the whole thread in .pdf format for posterity. Now that it's been pointed out, I'd imagine it will magically disappear in the relatively near future:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1td7OPl6kIU5oSgs3vJ1gFoqExM0Gmb3E/edit

• Like 2