Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

35 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

They wouldn't play TCU during our period in the wilderness either.  UT, Tech, Baylor and OU all scheduled regular season games with TCU between 1998 and 2012 but A&M refused.  We did get a shot against them in the infamous GalleryFurniture.com Bowl but nutcase Casey Printers threw a half-dozen interceptions on his way out of town to transfer to FAMU.  They would never play us in the regular season though.  Unfortunately for them, they didn't get a choice in the NCAA baseball playoffs and we ended their season 3 or 4 times.  

Actually, it's kind of obvious why they don't want to play us...isn't it?

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, LTtxfan said:

The 25 most important players in the College Football Playoff chase

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27402100/the-25-most-important-players-college-football-playoff-chase

1. QB Kellen Mond, Texas A&M   

"Mond looked spectacular in A&M's two most important games of the season. He scrambled for extra time, he trusted his receivers to go up and grab 50-50 balls, and he gave his team a chance to beat really good teams."

aggy fans...

giphy.gif

ESPN is  correct about  aggy  and grabbing balls....

Edited by Nueces River Rat

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

in fairness, they have also paid in-state cupcakes such as SHSU, SFA, PVAMU, Lamar, and UTSA and will soon add TxSt and ACU to the list. Not sure why HBU can't get a taste... 

Don’t forget Southwestern and Incarnate Word.

But they better not fall into a trap game with Westlake or Lake Travis.

Any legislator that gets involved in footbal scheduling can f off.  Seriously.  It's not a damn bit of their business.

It’s not possible to state this enough. Any of those dickheads that brings it up should be thrown in jail. There’s more important stuff to piss away my tax dollars on.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

It’s not possible to state this enough. Any of those dickheads that brings it up should be thrown in jail. There’s more important stuff to piss away my tax dollars on.

Legislator: "I think the legislature should compel Texas and Texas A&M to play in football every year!"

Me: "Yeah? You got everything else in the state figured out? Education, transportation, taxes, all that piddly shit's all taken care of now?"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

They would start threatening the budgets of UT and aggy.  They absolutely have power there.

Ain't no way any of the UT lege members are going to threaten UT funding, and ain't no way any aggy lege member isn't going to pay a political price on the floor of either chamber for threatening UT funding over playing A&M. UT Austin is funded (both state and federal) at 200% of what aggy is funded, and every member of the legislature both knows it to be a fact and knows why it is the way it is.

The mere fact that every aggy legislator knows that UT is funded at twice the rate as A&M and hasn't the balls to even suggest the two schools be equally funded is evidence enough that the members of the legislature know even alluding to changes in funding are a non-starter.

The tech boom started in Austin around 1980. The leaders of that boom are about to have an enormous transfer of wealth as they cash out and retire. The members of the legislature know the amount of endowment wealth that is about to be poured into UT Austin coffers. Ain't no way the members of the legislature are going to piss those people off by leading them to believe their donations are only going to make up a cut in funding to UT because of a fucking football game.

Even alluding to a cut in funding to UT because the football team isn't playing A&M would be political suicide.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Every member of the legislature knows A&M isn't UT Austin. A&M's academic rankings can fall as far as imaginable and no one in Texas would care in the least. The fall in A&M's rankings over Rick Perry's "reforms" hasn't registered in any way, shape, or form. The people of Texas (other than aggys) don't give two shits about Texas A&M. If UT Austin's academic rankings fall because of a cut in funding over a fucking football game, there will be severe political repercussions.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cooper. Cooper no. Don't do this to yourself.

That's hilarious. 

Wouldnt complain about Richardson being one of our backups this year, but damn. I wouldn't trade whoever aggy 2 best players on their team (green, leal?) for our 2 safeties. 

I am glad we're on the record as saying we'd play the game. In Aggie minds we're begging to play because we desperately need the game to halt our slide further into irrelevance.

To all other minds, the Aggies look like prissy oddballs making the weirdest excuses for ducking one of the great names in college football. 

Perfect.

• Like 1

Hey Brookshire Brothers! Lawsuit from Kroger's incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

New Kyle Field themed grocery store being built near campus

Kyle+Field+Brookshire+Brothers+WEB.jpg

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - The Texas A&M University System and Brookshire Brothers are partnering to open a new grocery store near campus.

In a groundbreaking ceremony Thursday, the two organizations announced the store would be located on the corner of George Bush Drive and Penberthy Boulevard. The store will resemble Kyle Field and feature a beer garden and live music venue. The company has a similar music venue at its Canyon Lake, Texas location which is popular with both visitors and locals.

In its 40,000 square foot space, Brookshire Brothers will bring its signature hot deli and fresh offerings to its new location as well as online shopping with curbside pickup and delivery, fuel and a bakery. An expanded health and wellness focus will include not only a full-service pharmacy with personalized medication counseling, but also immunizations, and at-home testing for flu, UTIs, and strep. In addition, the store will have a wide variety of nutritional supplements.

“I am proud to enter into a partnership with Brookshire Brothers to bring high-quality products and delicious food to the West Campus community,” Chancellor Sharp said. “Young Aggies undoubtedly will embrace their new community grocer and deli.”

Brookshire Brothers President and CEO John Alston said, “Our company is honored to have been selected by the Texas A&M System to partner in their latest development project. After visiting with the Evaluation Committee and learning about their vision, there was no question that the project was a high priority for us.”

Hey Brookshire Brothers! Lawsuit from Kroger's incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2...
New Kyle Field themed grocery store being built near campus
Kyle+Field+Brookshire+Brothers+WEB.jpg

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - The Texas A&M University System and Brookshire Brothers are partnering to open a new grocery store near campus.
In a groundbreaking ceremony Thursday, the two organizations announced the store would be located on the corner of George Bush Drive and Penberthy Boulevard. The store will resemble Kyle Field and feature a beer garden and live music venue. The company has a similar music venue at its Canyon Lake, Texas location which is popular with both visitors and locals.
In its 40,000 square foot space, Brookshire Brothers will bring its signature hot deli and fresh offerings to its new location as well as online shopping with curbside pickup and delivery, fuel and a bakery. An expanded health and wellness focus will include not only a full-service pharmacy with personalized medication counseling, but also immunizations, and at-home testing for flu, UTIs, and strep. In addition, the store will have a wide variety of nutritional supplements.
“I am proud to enter into a partnership with Brookshire Brothers to bring high-quality products and delicious food to the West Campus community,” Chancellor Sharp said. “Young Aggies undoubtedly will embrace their new community grocer and deli.”
Brookshire Brothers President and CEO John Alston said, “Our company is honored to have been selected by the Texas A&M System to partner in their latest development project. After visiting with the Evaluation Committee and learning about their vision, there was no question that the project was a high priority for us.”

I guess they expect the ghosts of the 12 who died during bonfire to be there?
  • Like 1

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL aggy EVERYWHERE!!!

Jedrick
For reasons I will notbe getting into, my dick has become lodged inside of the VCR. I know when I'm beat, so I'm open to outside assistance and suggestions. If you can't help me out without prying into my personal life, please move along as to avoid wasting both of our time.
vanisher
OP-
I've been in your shoes. Stay calm. What tools if any are near you, and is the VCR able to be unplugged?
[https://i]
Jedrick
The unit is free hanging. I have access to a ball peen hammer and an eyeglass repair kit. Destruction of the VCR is unacceptable due to the rarity of its contents (which will not be disclosed), as well as the moderate sentimental value of the device its self.
vanisher
Free hanging... that's good. That ball peen hammer might come in handy later.
If you turn on some monster trucks the sheer strength and rigidity of the erection that forms will force you free, but may damage any tape(s) or the machine itself. You can go the other direction and read some poetry. Your manhood should shrivel up enough so that you will just slide right out. Let me know if this fixes your problem
Kthulhu5000
tune your TV to channel 3. press REWIND on your VCR and let it run for 30 seconds. press eject and squirt in some head cleaner fluid (which is isopropyl alcohol with a 10x markup). then press PLAY and count out a full rotation ("one Mississip" to "ten Mississip"). put your TV's volume to 10 and look at the screen. if you see your dick on it, then congratulations! Your RECORD function is functioning functionally!
vanisher
it's one of the normal, not embarassing reasons that someone would get their dick stuck in a vcr. i won't tell you which one though
Manifisto
congratulations you are now married to the vcr, i wish you both health and happiness
better give the loose vcr cassette to your old wife, its her husband now
cda
"How did you get your dick stuck in the VCR" is basically the same question as "why did you get your dick stuck in the VCR," so I shan't be answering it, but for your information, the reason I was using a VCR rather than streaming is that Netflix's selection leaves much to be desired.
little munchkin
Hey op, professional EMT here, and I just want to say there's no need to be so embarassed about getting your dick stuck in a VCR. We've all been there. Hell, how do you think us professionals got so good at removing them in the first place.
[https://i]
Jedrick
Day 2:
While initially, just the head of my dick was trapped, I awoke to find that this infernal machine has devoured about 3/4 of my shaft. Sleep was difficult, I had to run an extension cord from the den to my bedroom. The wife was... unimpressed. Interesting how she's so quick to forget her own incident with the Pearl Jam cassette.
My member is caught in such a way that the base of my rod is turgid, but the rest is stuck in perpetual half-chub. I attempted some tinkering with the screwdriver from the eyeglass repair kit, but as it seemed I was making progress, I foolishly dropped the screwdriver inside the VCR.
Will update more when I get home from work.
cda
It's only natural to wonder about how my penis became lodged in this VCR player, but you need to restrain yourself. If civilization means anything, it means that we suppress our animal impulses for knowing why people's dicks are in various places and instead uphold a sense of decorum which is the underpinning of civil society. Try hitting "fast forward" on the remote and see if that does anything.
Manifisto
victorian society had quite a strict code against asking why people's members got stuck in vcrs. in fact it was generally frowned upon to even mention the topic in the presence of someone suffering from such a predicament; one was expected to act as though nothing had happened.
cda
Got no time for haters [https://i] people who expect me to do emotional labor for free [https://i] and people who ask me why my dick is stuck in the VCR [https://i]
PIso Mojado
nakedly waiting while a teenage Best Buy employee googles "VCR"

02b5d02f9896a5d12d01520c81b854a3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I am glad we're on the record as saying we'd play the game. In Aggie minds we're begging to play because we desperately need the game to halt our slide further into irrelevance.

To all other minds, the Aggies look like prissy oddballs making the weirdest excuses for ducking one of the great names in college football. 

Perfect.

Exactly. It's a sort of public curation by our administration, kind of like the halftime show the band did in 2011.

11 minutes ago, SDG said:

@RandoIph Duke to the white curtesy phone.  

It is not the "joint endowment." It is the endowment of The University of Texas. Period. End of story.

When A&M was made a branch college of UT, A&M became a beneficiary of the endowment.

The lands are valued at roughly $8B. If you look closely, you will notice the financial assets of the PUF are less than half of the total assets managed by UTIMCO. The non-PUF assets of the A&M system, on the other hand, are less than $1B and the non-PUF endowment funds of A&M's College Station campus are less than $500 mil.

large.692572110_UTIMCOJULY2019.jpeg.b731c4c4511b3053c6d93efc045ba42a.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

29 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

It is not the "joint endowment." It is the endowment of The University of Texas. Period. End of story.

When A&M was made a branch college of UT, A&M became a beneficiary of the endowment.

The lands are valued at roughly $8B. If you look closely, you will notice the financial assets of the PUF are less than half of the total assets managed by UTIMCO. The non-PUF assets of the A&M system, on the other hand, are less than $1B and the non-PUF endowment funds of A&M's College Station campus are less than $500 mil.

large.692572110_UTIMCOJULY2019.jpeg.b731c4c4511b3053c6d93efc045ba42a.jpeg

Educate the dumbass.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SDG said:

Educate the dumbass.  

That the aggys claim to be “the wealthiest public university” is criminal fraud. They receive a distribution from the UT endowment because they are a branch of UT.

That distribution goes to the A&M system.

Only because of the racist nature of the aggy culture they do not recognize that Prairie View is every bit as entitled to the UT branch endowment funding as A&M  College Station. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

• Like 2

ATTENTION ALL aggy MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

It goes way deeper than that, my friend.
If you use a corresponding number/letter chart, you’ll see:
F=6
O=15
R=18
D=4
6, 15, and 18 are all divisible by 3. The Ford Motor Company (3 words) was built by Henry Ford the 1st. So you subtract 1 from D, which gives you four numbers all divisible by 3. Also, Henry Ford was born in Michigan (a state with 3 syllables) in 1863. He died in 1947, at the age of 83. In 1902, Henry Ford built two race cars to showcase his work. These cars were called the Ford 999. Of course, 9 and 999 are divisible by 3, and there are 3numbers in the name. Then on October 1st, 1908, Henry Ford introduced the Model T. If you take that date in its numerical form (10/1/1908), and add the numbers together, you get 1919. If you divide 1919 by 3, you get 639.666. Even more threes.
Let’s go even deeper, shall we?
Henry wanted to support the American cause in World War I. His company helped produce the Ford Trimotor aircraft. Each of the 3 engines was rated at 300 horsepower. Military units were designated as the C-3. In all, 199 examples were built. Divided by 3, that comes out to 66.333. On top of all this, Henry Ford was also a Freemason, of the 33rd degree. After his death, the USPS commemorated him with a memorial 12 cent stamp, 12 being divisible by 3. Beyond motoring pursuits, Henry was also an avid inventor. With his brother-in-law EG Kingsford, he helped develop the first charcoal briquettes. Coal, as you probably know, is a fossil fuel primarily made of carbon. Carbon’s atomic number is 6, again divisible by 3.
Oh, and he was also an antisemitic, union-hating, bigot that named his kid Edsel. So there’s that too.

WHOOP!!

3bc583c2c1bff243c89f31ce2d469a77.jpg69710ad5b1e7d30d0a98f376ede1b2be.jpg

Giada. Had she been an aggy, I would have completely reconsidered my position.

But she wasn’t, not even close, and we still wonder how any of those dumbfucks ever fall to the depths of sticking their dicks into those worthless overweight embarrassments to the state of Texas that they define as " aggy wimmun."

Edited by Randolph Duke