Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Very reminiscent of SCam Newton's recruitment to Auburn.  He was on tape negotiating a 180k deal to MissSU, but then ended up signing with AU.  At the time, we were all supposed to believe that he chose AU because of their tradition of excellence and good ol' school spirit.  

Sure, Jimbo.  It's all because of the staff's hard work.  Not even aggy fans are buying that load of crap.  In fact, they're bragging about the fact that they offered more sweet bags-o-cash than anyone else.  "Herp, derp, we can outspend tu, herp derp!"  It's pretty bad when even aggy doesn't buy the line of bull coming out of his mouth.

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 2/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, DaysOff said:

He'll fit right in with their anti-vax bubba wing. Bulk of the fucking operation.

Come on man. That’s the vocal minority. I’m in our most redneck base and almost everyone I fly with is happily vaxxed. 

As for Bob, nobody knows shit about him. Most of us had never even heard the name before until he was announced last year. Turns out he was in charge of all our IT stuff a while back, and that’s umm… cause for concern.   Didn’t know he was an Aggie until I read this thread. 

• Like 1

Come on man. That’s the vocal minority. I’m in our most redneck base and almost everyone I fly with is happily vaxxed. 

As for Bob, nobody knows shit about him. Most of us had never even heard the name before until he was announced last year. Turns out he was in charge of all our IT stuff a while back, and that’s umm… cause for concern.   Didn’t know he was an Aggie until I read this thread. 

I worked in IT at SWA back when Gary was Controller. My group actually supported Finance so I got to interact with Gary a bunch. You could tell he was special. I also worked with Bob J. Seemed nice enough and not a red-ass, but then again he was nothing special either. Night and day difference compared to Gary. Hopefully SWA is on auto-pilot enough to survive this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

A local Nazi SS fan group during a weekend get together in College Station last year.

Right after this, I have no doubt they returned to their dorms on campus, changed back into their other fake military costumes, and resumed their school-sponsored Hitler Youth indoctrination.

"Our unit is a unit that goes the extra mile. We believe that we are more than just a group of like-minded individuals who dress up on the odd weekend and reenact the past. We are Kameraden to the fullest extent. We train together, eat together, share sleeping quarters together, pray together, and we even spend our time outside of the hobby together. We take pride in knowing that we are a very tight knit group who truly embraces the spirit of the young men in the 1st SS Division."https://derjungsturm.com/about/

College Station, Texas is a seriously fucked up place.

(For those who don't keep up on aggy ideology, the 1st SS Division was 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. Hitler's personal bodyguard unit. Members were later convicted of numerous war crimes, including the murder of U.S. prisoners at both Malmedy and Wereth. The kind of unit Sul Ross would have been proud of.)

nazi ss reenactors college station.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Oh the fun "watching" has yet to begin.

I have a feeling this season is going to be extra special when the wheels come off and after 30,000,000 on the greatest team evar, + 12,000,000 for the greatest corch evar, + (however many 00,000,000) on the greatest assistant corches evar, they still end up 8-4, and once again 5th in the SEC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Why is he so upset. It's all legal now. He should be taking pride in how committed the fanbase is to paying for it all. A lot of Katy tract houses are gonna need to wait a few years for their outdoor TV. Gotta spend that money on the five star kids. 

Bagmen still are very illegal, Big Red Auto hiring a QB in Norman is now legal. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It’s really quite funny. The ag faithful don’t care that they bought the class, they are all gloating like they actually won something. Now they can print up memorabilia t-shirts “Greatest Recruiting Class Ever” and stick one in their trophy case between the national championship plaque they made for themselves when they hired Jimbo and the “That Time Johnny Beat Bama” vhs.

31 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Why is he so upset. It's all legal now. He should be taking pride in how committed the fanbase is to paying for it all. A lot of Katy tract houses are gonna need to wait a few years for their outdoor TV. Gotta spend that money on the five star kids. 

Threatening to spill the beans on other SEC programs recruiting deals is so aggy. Reminds me of kids when they get in trouble. --Well so and so did this-- like it's some sort of free get out of trouble card.

Exposing the tu+OU/SEC thing years ahead of plans plus this tantrum for getting called out on what is blatantly obvious to everyone including their own fan base, has got to be going over well within the SEC leadership circle...

They had to have heard all the aggy stories. They might have even believed them. But until you experience them for yourself, comprehending exactly what you are dealing with and how aggy really view themselves at the top of the ladder, on the same wrung with Alabama, that if anything is said or done that doesn't fit into this narrative, they will try to sink the entire ship even if they are doomed to go down with it...

They demanded the Big 12 see them as equals to OU/UT their entire time here, but really thought themselves as so much more that they were determined to destroy the Big 12 when they left so they could feel like they held the Big 12 together and it didn't survive without them...  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

It’s really quite funny. The ag faithful don’t care that they bought the class, they are all gloating like they actually won something. Now they can print up memorabilia t-shirts “Greatest Recruiting Class Ever” and stick one in their trophy case between the national championship plaque they made for themselves when they hired Jimbo and the “That Time Johnny Beat Bama” vhs.

now aggy has something to hang in their "Hall of Champions"

55f2170f41139.image.jpg?resize=1200,727

55f21711eb973.image.jpg?resize=1200,765

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Bagmen still are very illegal, Big Red Auto hiring a QB in Norman is now legal. 

Illegal?  How?  By being a breach of NCAA rules?  Excuse me while I chuckle.

Now if you're saying it's untaxed compensation, and that the athletes and their benefactors may technically be in contravention of the Revenue Code, that's another story.  But just like with the NCAA breaches, someone's going to have to enforce that.  And again, excuse me while I chuckle.

There are no rules.

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Tell us about all the public aggy NIL deals. Tell us how the staff doesn't have to talk to players about them because they're widely known.

My question is, why are they not publicly known then?

"Yeah we gave him $150,000, it was to tattoo his likeness on Billy Loochi's ass. So what?"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My question is, why are they not publicly known then?

Because these are good old-fashioned illegal payments to players' families. They are not NIL deals, which schools are prohibited from using to entice recruits.

That is exactly why our NIL initiatives are very public. The school does not have to say a word. Jimbo doesn't believe the rules are for him to follow.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Because these are good old-fashioned illegal payments to players' families. They are not NIL deals, which schools are prohibited from using to entice recruits.

That is exactly why our NIL initiatives are very public. The school does not have to say a word. Jimbo doesn't believe the rules are for him to follow.

I still don't follow. My question is why is Jimbo so defensive about paying recruits? Did he do it illegally? If so, why? Why not just announce that he has fuck you money from NIL donors? I would take pride in it, if that were the case, that the fan base cares enough that they are willing to lessen their middle class lifestyles to help win some foosball games.

Edited by 'stache

yeah, aggy claims that a bunch of their Big Cigars created NILs by setting up LLCs for each player.  total BS.  but a lot of the public seemed to buy it.  all you have to do is say "NIL" and people think that giving bags of money to players is somehow now legal.  the way aggy is doing it is not legal.  college football people know it.  but nobody is gonna do anything about it.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I still don't follow. My question is why is Jimbo so defensive about paying recruits? Did he do it illegally? If so, why? Why not just announce that he has fuck you money from NIL donors? 

Because he doesn't. 

Our guys have created NIL programs to pay position groups, and ultimately all student-athletes. That costs a lot more money than illegally paying select players. If the above were true about them creating LLCs for each player, it is still illegal for the school to use that to entice players. Our programs are public- the school doesn't have to say a word because it is out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I still don't follow. My question is why is Jimbo so defensive about paying recruits? Did he do it illegally? If so, why? Why not just announce that he has fuck you money from NIL donors. I would take pride if that were the case, that the fan base cars enough that they are willing to lessen their middle class lifestyles to help win some foosball games.

ISWYDT

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

You're a piece of shit.

My one DM from Billy Liucci. He had me blocked (for no legitimate reason other than he deemed me a "thought threat") before sending this and kept me blocked afterward to avoid actually having to have a conversation with me.

I take it as a badge of honor that he won't have a conversation with me, either private or public. But he will send me messages like this and then run away.

liucci dm.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I still don't follow. My question is why is Jimbo so defensive about paying recruits? Did he do it illegally? If so, why? Why not just announce that he has fuck you money from NIL donors? I would take pride in it, if that were the case, that the fan base cares enough that they are willing to lessen their middle class lifestyles to help win some foosball games.

Because you're not allowed to give a HS student an NIL deal.  That's against the law.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It's gonna be interesting watching the attrition rate of the highest ranked class ever.  Only aggy would go all 3 1/2" deep into so many elite recruits and not expect any sort of blowback. Which tells me they have no idea what it going to be like having so many Prima Donnas on the team at the same time and why this team is as likely to implode as it is to gel...

18 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

It's gonna be interesting watching the attrition rate of the highest ranked class ever.  Only aggy would go all 3 1/2" deep into so many elite recruits and not expect any sort of blowback. Which tells me they have no idea what it going to be like having so many Prima Donnas on the team at the same time and why this team is as likely to implode as it is to gel...

Remember this class had more members spend significant time in prison for felony criminal activity than on the field playing for Texas A&M.

liucci rise to power.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

56 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

What you worryin’ about?  Jumbo oozes masterful orchestration of potentially difficult personalities.  Not sure what you see.  I see a confident maestro.

EC9FE923-250E-428E-B6A6-CA07450E9F8A.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Illegal?  How?  By being a breach of NCAA rules?  Excuse me while I chuckle.

Now if you're saying it's untaxed compensation, and that the athletes and their benefactors may technically be in contravention of the Revenue Code, that's another story.  But just like with the NCAA breaches, someone's going to have to enforce that.  And again, excuse me while I chuckle.

There are no rules.

There are no rules now and aggy just may have gotten greedy.....knowing they are not going to be challenged, they've decided to test the waters and see what happens.  If there is a way to get the ncaa's attention about aggy, Nick will find it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

illegally paying select players.

What's gonna happen in the locker room with new, incoming group of these 5* players, driving new sports cars and having to mingle with sophomores, juniors and seniors who weren't "paid" to be there.  I'd think the animosity would be overwhelming...but, that's just me.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Did he do it illegally?

Yes. There is a big difference between upfront payment and NIL  

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Why not just announce that he has fuck you money from NIL donors?

There’s a lot of talk that the big donors don’t want this class tainted with being “bought” should they win something. 

Also saw a lot of bragging on Rant today about Perkins dad “as good as fired” etc. Wonder if any of that is true. 

What's gonna happen in the locker room with new, incoming group of these 5* players, driving new sports cars and having to mingle with sophomores, juniors and seniors who weren't "paid" to be there.  I'd think the animosity would be overwhelming...but, that's just me.

That’s every P5 school.

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Our guys have created NIL programs to pay position groups, and ultimately all student-athletes. That costs a lot more money than illegally paying select players.

Question, since you know more about it than me. What’s the advantage to that?  If it’s more expensive, and nets less results, then what is the advantage? I understand what aggy is doing isn’t legit. But let’s just imagine they minded their details and waited until after the signature came in, and gave them “appearance” fees and whatnot like NIL was supposed to work, albeit it at crazy rates (450k for Matthews). I assume they’ll have to do something more legitimate next class, before someone comes down on them.   Basically did the same thing they did this go round but “legitimately”.  I want to believe it’s going to get equalized but I have a hard time seeing someone choose a 50k floor (like the UT Oline deal) vs 350k on an individual. Are we just banking that their class won’t gel due to inconsistent payment/infighting?  Because 4-5 studs that stick it out can get you a long way. These fucking cocksuckers are ruining one of the last good things. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Question, since you know more about it than me. What’s the advantage to that?  If it’s more expensive, and nets less results, then what is the advantage? I understand what aggy is doing isn’t legit. But let’s just imagine they minded their details and waited until after the signature came in, and gave them “appearance” fees and whatnot like NIL was supposed to work, albeit it at crazy rates (450k for Matthews). I assume they’ll have to do something more legitimate next class, before someone comes down on them.   Basically did the same thing they did this go round but “legitimately”.  I want to believe it’s going to get equalized but I have a hard time seeing someone choose a 50k floor (like the UT Oline deal) vs 350k on an individual. Are we just banking that their class won’t gel due to inconsistent payment/infighting?  Because 4-5 studs that stick it out can get you a long way. These fucking cocksuckers are ruining one of the last good things. 

The advantage is we aren’t cheating. Our boosters have traditionally not wanted to cheat. We are better than that school and program in every way, historically. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

There are no rules now and aggy just may have gotten greedy.....knowing they are not going to be challenged, they've decided to test the waters and see what happens.  If there is a way to get the ncaa's attention about aggy, Nick will find it.  

NCAA officials acknowledged this week to the Associated Press that the Indianapolis-based organization had sent letters of inquiry to "multiple schools" over the last several months over their name, image and likeness policies. NCAA vice president of enforcement Jon Duncan declined to identify any school, but the Cougars have publicly acknowledged they received a notice.

"It's just dialogue with a school to get more information about whether violations have occurred," Duncan told the AP this past week.

"We're not enforcing NIL deals, and we're not enforcing the interim policy, which is largely permissive" he added. "We're looking at rules that are still on the books and behaviors that are still violations. Or potentially (violations).".......

BYU and Miami were officially placed under investigation in Dec. Oregon was a third one placed under investigation in Jan. I have a feeling this is far from over.

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

Jimbo isn't mad whatsoever. That's what makes this even more comical. When he was with FSU, there was plenty of shit said and questioned about Jimbo and his ethics.  It didn't phase him one bit, so he never bothered to respond to worse.

This is the official/non official aggy administration response. Just like he was the aggy voice when they exposed the tu.and.OU / SEC deal. 

Aggy has never handled being put under the spotlight in a negative way, so they start running off at the mouth without a filter... Just knowing aggy as I do, the recruiting shot at other SEC schools was aimed at Alabama as much as it was Ole Miss, because in aggy's little mind, there is no way Alabama out recruits them year in and year out without massive cheating. Especially since aggy is easily the second best team in SEC and in the process of putting Bama in their rearview once and for all. Bama's success and their lack of, has given Alabama that tu kinda feel and they well on their way to despising 'Bama. 

Aggy cock- envy and hatred of Alabama was as sure to happen as death and taxes. We just pushed it into warp speed.

2 hours ago, Gaffords said:

NCAA officials acknowledged this week to the Associated Press that the Indianapolis-based organization had sent letters of inquiry to "multiple schools" over the last several months over their name, image and likeness policies. NCAA vice president of enforcement Jon Duncan declined to identify any school, but the Cougars have publicly acknowledged they received a notice.

"It's just dialogue with a school to get more information about whether violations have occurred," Duncan told the AP this past week.

"We're not enforcing NIL deals, and we're not enforcing the interim policy, which is largely permissive" he added. "We're looking at rules that are still on the books and behaviors that are still violations. Or potentially (violations).".......

BYU and Miami were officially placed under investigation in Dec. Oregon was a third one placed under investigation in Jan. I have a feeling this is far from over.

Thats right aggy. A strongly worded letter will be delivered in 5-8months.

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, 'stache said:

With how defensive and heated Jimbo got in those interviews he's obviously hiding something. Some cheating most likely went on, but don't worry, we'll all find out within the year.