• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

That hat… Only an aggy would buy something that stupid and only in aggieland could you find something like that to waste your money on….
AEE39FA7-BE24-4BE5-A05E-716269EDF470.jpeg.873c68dc93a358e9366a60b77293277e.jpeg

I just googled it, and they have a store full of gear at premium pricing. Good for them taking advantage of aggy and getting some addition marketing that they paid -$30 for.

37 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I just googled it, and they have a store full of gear at premium pricing. Good for them taking advantage of aggy and getting some addition marketing that they paid -$30 for.

Not really any different than paying Looch to be spoon-fed complete bullshit year after year. They're suckers for stupidity and any capitalist that wants to take advantage of that has some easy pickins.

52 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

They have a statue of a roughneck outside of the engineering building. “With this here engenurin duhgree yew can wurk on the awl rigs! Whoop!”

761BECAE-86E5-4863-B7E4-9B55690835C3.jpeg

I never knew being a roustabout required a four-year degree from trade school.

Then again, I never knew being a chicken farmer required the same.

One question about the statue - did anyone check to see if the sculptor included a cut-out in the guy's work glove so his aggy ring could be seen?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Not really any different than paying Looch to be spoon-fed complete bullshit year after year. They're suckers for stupidity and any capitalist that wants to take advantage of that has some easy pickins.

Liucci referring to himself in the third person is always good for a laugh. So is Liucci referring to himself as a college football analyst.

liucci rise to power.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

One question about the statue - did anyone check to see if the sculptor included a cut-out in the guy's work glove so his aggy ring could be seen?

Also - Since I was under the impression that aggy has solved the problem of cold fusion.. Is oil drilling even a requirement to provide an energy source? Maybe they should invest in some statue where an old dude turns lead into gold.. ? 

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Southwest Airlines is launching its promo campaign for Gary Kelly's replacement.

Looks like "the nation's cradle of CEO's" has placed yet another "former student" at the helm of a major corporation.

Be forewarned.

southwest bob.jpeg

Well... that puts SWA off the table - no chance in hell do I trust anybody from that school to do anything w/out f'ing it up. 

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

They have a statue of a roughneck outside of the engineering building. “With this here engenurin duhgree yew can wurk on the awl rigs! Whoop!”

YEAH WHITE TRASH!!!! WE WENT TO SCHOOL FOR 4 YEARS TO BE A LABORER!!!! WHOOOOOOP

Edited by ermahgerdhorn

14 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Southwest Airlines is launching its promo campaign for Gary Kelly's replacement.

Looks like "the nation's cradle of CEO's" has placed yet another "former student" at the helm of a major corporation.

Be forewarned.

southwest bob.jpeg

Welp, SWA is going to suck shit. Great. They were serviceable especially after you earned youre way into priority boarding.

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

No shame in the work, but you earn every penny 

Yup! CSB: back in college when I worked at Pappadeaux in Houston we had a coworker named Beau who was a roughneck. He worked on the oil rig in the gulf for two weeks at a time, then would get a week on land before having to go back so he would pick up shifts whenever he was in town. Pappadeaux was his extra “play money.” He shortly used his paychecks from the rig to buy himself a house and an engagement ring for his girlfriend. Dude was a hard worker and made the type of money that made our tips look like chump change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That isn't a roustabout. He's a roughneck. Roustabouts aren't part of the crew.

I did my time in Odessa and in the Austin Chalk. I weren't no goddamn roustabout. I was particularly bad at whipping the chain, but I was an iron-rattling motherfucker with the tongs.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Havent you seen the Florida Seminoles, Kansas Wildcats, and Michigan Spartans unis?  No?  Me neither. 

The odds-on picks to play for the NCAA basketball championship are the Washington Bulldogs and the North Carolina Blue Devils. 

Back in December, the same day as the annual Maryland v New York football clash I bet $100 on North Carolina to win it all. I figured Coach K’s last game as North Carolina head coach would provide added motivation. 

As it stands now, just to get through their conference tournament, North Carolina would have to defeat North Carolina, then North Carolina, Florida, and probably North Carolina. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

There is no doubt the artist was an aggy.  Their work on the male anatomy is solid. The chain work is nicely done also.... But...

Well at least this aggy was a 2%er and was well aware of their shortcoming when it comes down to rendering nature itself.. So instead of trying to portray a whole bundle of them, which would've resembled something more along the line of a tangled wind chime, he chose to use a single -yes, very plain and underwhelming to say the least- log. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

I imagine if you’re not an alcoholic that being a roughneck is a pretty great gig. 

Fuck me. I tried to imagine my drinking self doing that. Either I’d have accidentally killed myself or my shift mates would have accidentally purposely killed me. Working that job with a hangover would be miserable. 

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Be forewarned.

southwest bob.jpeg

I'm sure Bob did a lot of "pumping" at that truck stop and it didn't have anything to do with fuel...

A buddy of mine went to aggy. His family had chicken houses. I always talk shit to him about getting a poultry science degree to come back and have chicken houses.

He actually sold them a few years back.

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Show some respect.  I have it on good authority that aggy is about to change the world with a revolutionary transport scheme that could not have come from just anywhere.  I mean, otherwise, there might have been commercially viable railroads since the early 1800s, right?  This thing will move one whole trailer … somewhere.

1624EE2E-145F-4F0D-88EA-72360FF75DEF.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3