• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

re: Not Trolling: Do any Aggies disagree with the way Jimbo handled the question?Posted on 2/3/22 at 7:06 pm to texag7
bkm1.png
NIL is legal, why deny it?

Why deny it and start talking about cheaters in the past??

Also, if NIL wasnt approved, does he land this class?

Dude cracked Bc he knows they went all SMU

--I do, but I understand his frustration and I am equally irritated. It's "blue-blood" ass-hurt at it's finest.

Get used to Aggy running this shit.

--If he would have just laughed it off and said “that’s Lane, I guess,” it wouldn’t even be a story. Instead he fed the troll.
--I think he had to say it. Part of it was calling out people that were celebrating their own NIL deals and part of it was calling BS on the $30 mill figure. The $30 mill figure was important to call out because it is simply false.

I think a lot of folks don't realize the impact of a false rumor like that with team chemistry if it isn't called out. If a starter at A&M who isn't getting big NIL money thinks a recruit is making $1 million and he isn't then that's a big freaking problem. He was animated for sure but he was also very specific in how he spoke as well. He didn't deny there is NIL but he also made it clear where the lines are and that A&M isn't crossing them.

The other factor is he is just pissed that the implication is A&M just put out a sack of money and suddenly all of these recruits came on board. He and his staff have been talking to many of these guys for years and spent countless hours recruiting them. It pissed him off.
--Nope. Screw you all. Iconbirdtongue.gif

55 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
re: Not Trolling: Do any Aggies disagree with the way Jimbo handled the question?Posted on 2/3/22 at 7:06 pm to texag7
bkm1.png
NIL is legal, why deny it?

Why deny it and start talking about cheaters in the past??

Also, if NIL wasnt approved, does he land this class?

Dude cracked Bc he knows they went all SMU

--I do, but I understand his frustration and I am equally irritated. It's "blue-blood" ass-hurt at it's finest.

Get used to Aggy running this shit.

--If he would have just laughed it off and said “that’s Lane, I guess,” it wouldn’t even be a story. Instead he fed the troll.
--I think he had to say it. Part of it was calling out people that were celebrating their own NIL deals and part of it was calling BS on the $30 mill figure. The $30 mill figure was important to call out because it is simply false.

I think a lot of folks don't realize the impact of a false rumor like that with team chemistry if it isn't called out. If a starter at A&M who isn't getting big NIL money thinks a recruit is making $1 million and he isn't then that's a big freaking problem. He was animated for sure but he was also very specific in how he spoke as well. He didn't deny there is NIL but he also made it clear where the lines are and that A&M isn't crossing them.

The other factor is he is just pissed that the implication is A&M just put out a sack of money and suddenly all of these recruits came on board. He and his staff have been talking to many of these guys for years and spent countless hours recruiting them. It pissed him off.
--Nope. Screw you all. Iconbirdtongue.gif

It takes so little effort to look at teams who went through a coordinator change before early signing day and the effect it had on them holding onto commitments when it came time to sign.... And that's with a new coordinator and the core of his staff already in place...   

There is a reason most firings take place after that date and teams who lose coaches try to get replacements in place well in advance of ESD.

It's difficult to keep recruits committed when they haven't formed some sort of bond with the new replacement coach. Especially when there are 2 or 3 other coaches out there who came so close to getting the commitment also.

Now to land several of the hardest fought over defensive recruits right after losing the bulk of your defensive staff and no new coach in place is unheard of. Saban doesn't retain all his #1 targets after coaching changes like that. He just has plenty of high level secondary choices hoping to get his call.

It would probably be worth the work for someone to look at Jimbo's recruiting history and see how many of his top targets he's actually landed per cycle both at FSU and aggy, then compare it to Saban's time at Alabama.  I bet Jimbo's hit/miss ratio on #1 position targets this year is 10X better than he's ever done before. I bet it's surprisingly higher than Saban has ever done also.  And no D side coaching staff in place.... 

• Hook 'Em 2

The aggy lack of self awareness is not helping them out much at the moment. They simply can't comprehend how the small, subtle clues about their magical recruiting exhibition point like klieg lights to the fact they bought their recruiting class.

This is one mystery that wasn't hard for anyone to solve.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggy lack of self awareness is not helping them out much at the moment. They simply can't comprehend how the small, subtle clues about their magical recruiting exhibition point like klieg lights to the fact they bought their recruiting class.

This is one mystery that wasn't hard for anyone to solve.

I don't know if they really spent 30 million or not, but I have zero doubt they would've spent 30 million if that's what it took to get this class. 

It would probably shock all of us if we knew how much aggy has spent on players since joining the SEC. It's not like they don't have a rich history of doing such a thing. All the signs are there. From the money thrown at Jimbo at the beginning.  Yes, he had a NC under his belt, but it was already starting to look like he was going to be a one hit wonder and was cratering quickly when they got him. But not only did he have a championship in the bag, it was known he would never be nominated for Upstanding Coach of the Year. There was talk and rumors of shit going on, with some of it being very Bayloresque of FSU's own forums when Winston was still there. 

It's pretty obvious aggy is desperate (and getting more so by the year) to win the big one. They desperately need to be seen equal to tu.

From the over the top Jimbo salary and retarded no buyout but pay every penny if we need to get rid of you because you suck, to the stupid future Jimbo, wishful thinking, fake NC trophy(s), to however much they spent this year, no matter how over the top at the time, or the ramifications it might have after the fact. it exposes how desperate aggy was to be seen as an Elite and on the same SEC footing as 'Bama back then,  and how panic is starting to set in and are willing sell the farm to get it done before tu comes in...

It will be interesting to see how all of this affects aggy culture in the long-run.  Their 100 years of literal bliss turned into the worse hellish, aggy nightmare possible. If there was the perfect aggy horror script written, this would be it...  This it the Biblical story of aggy Job.

Aggy went from their fairy tale perfect life, still in full honeymoon stage with the SEC one day, to a earth shattering comet striking the next.  And that was just the settings for the waves of devastation to come....

When aggy found out about UT coming in, aggy thought if they exposed it, fan outrage over poor aggy being put in a position to suffer anymore abuse at the hands of everyone's most hated school would get Alabama to realize the mistake the SEC was about to make, and would join aggy, hand in hand in stopping the SEC from committing suicide. Instead the fans reacted to the news of UT/OU to the SEC with "holy shit! This is huge!" but poor aggy agony wasn't part of it, in fact aggy wasn't a part of it at all at first.  But when they were, it was in the worse possible way for aggy ego...

When the fans or 'bama didn't rally to aggy's plight as they thought things would go, pissed off, they took a cheap shot at the SEC, but it was mainly missed/our looked/ or ignored by the SEC and the media, when they tried to paint the SEC in a bad light by bringing up the gentlemens agreement the SEC gave them when they joined. The way everyone, including the fans, completely blew off aggy and ignored this shot, as if aggy was no more than a gnat, it was major huge blow for aggy self esteem...

Aggy had their feeling hurt at this point, finding out the fans aren't anti tu and pro aggy like they thought, and by the SEC ignoring aggy and its cheap shot at the SEC reputation, they would soon wish they would've kept their mouths shut, so then the SEC wouldn't have heard anything at all. 

The SEC retaliation was extremely brutal for aggy...  Not only was they any chance of stopping the expansion, the National media was informed that it was going to pass with a UNANIMOUS vote beforehand. Aggy was put in it's place publicly and treated like a little child forced to stand in the corner for everyone to see and then forced into a public "sorry" to tu on top of it. Aggy not being treated as one of the top powers of the SEC, but a "yes daddy" kiddie table dweller instead, was a MAJOR blow that will leave a lasting mark..  

Aggy has always demanded and was given one of the top two or three Power positions in the conferences they've been in. But they lost touch with it wasn't their merits that got them seated at the top table. Big brother would get them seated, but in the SEC, just because they believed they were one of the three or four top dogs, and liked to talk as if they were a top dog, it didn't mean the conference saw them as a top dog at all. And the world was made aware of it... That's when everything hit home with aggy...

Aggy went from living in their own little fantasy world where aggy had, not only destroyed tu's reputation everywhere, aggy replaced tu as a fan favorite nationally when they exposed the truth about how self centered and evil tu really was on their way out the door years ago.  In this world the SEC picked aggy over tu because aggy was more valuable than tu which automatically made them the richest program in the country.  

They believed aggy in the SEC destroyed any respect as a P5 the Big 12 ever had. It also destroyed any value Texas could have for any other conference, so even if Texas was able to beg it's way into the Pac, it wouldn't mean shit because aggy had already turned Texas into a SEC state and only a few pockets of longhorn fans here and there were all that remained.

The list goes on of the ways aggy finger fucked themselves into believing, setting themselves up for some aggy shattering collisions with the brutal truth of reality in rapid succession...  Aggy found out they are nowhere near replacing UT locally or nationally with fans or media.  Aggy found out they don't hold the upper hand on UT at any level.  Aggy found out they don't hold any power at all in the SEC,.

Aggy was crushed when no one gave aggy agony a second thought through this. Aggy was crushed when not only did no conference mate stand up for them, they all went behind aggy's back and conspired with tu in everything. Aggy was butthurt when they found out the other SEC members conduct meetings that aggy gets left out of... Aggy lost another beer from their already depleted mental sixpack when they realized the SEC figured what would be the worse case scenario with aggy by bringing UT in and it was still worth it to them, which destroys the whole value thing completely.  

Aggy ego, self esteem, everything aggy was wrecked by the SEC when the world witnessed aggy having to vote YES and not even allowed to use a no vote like they received, so UTs UNANIMOUS vote was better then theirs which makes UT more valuable than aggy and the world knows it....  

Aggy took a barrage of aggy wrecking blows that will have some sort of permanent mindfuckng affect on that school...  Being put on the scale with UT and weighed publicly was a soul killer... But only because they can't see that they are the only ones who see themselves as equals while the entire world never expected them to measure up equally to UT, so where they come close is where their peers take notice and not at the fact they don't measure the same.    Poor aggy

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's a nice drunken friday night screed

i would add that after the shit they pulled at media day, they probably cost the sec a hundred million in lost revenue by fucking up the timeline, then they quit the 100th-anniversary bowl game of one of their creation myths, costing the league another payout, then went full bag, called it NILLC, and in the last 48 hours have semen-frosted the entire season with a boomhauer rant for the ages threatening a hot war on the league's Big Boys.

what could go wrong?

This made me lol

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i would add that after the shit they pulled at media day, they probably cost the sec a hundred million in lost revenue by fucking up the timeline, then they quit the 100th-anniversary bowl game of one of their creation myths, costing the league another payout, then went full bag, called it NILLC, and in the last 48 hours have semen-frosted the entire season with a boomhauer rant for the ages threatening a hot war on the league's Big Boys.

what could go wrong?

I'm curious what brought about the SEC decision to put an exit fee policy in it's bylaws. For some reason, I feel it has aggy written all over it. Not that they are trying to force aggy to stay, but more like they are telling aggy to shit or get off the pot. Go ahead and quit or shut up and stop threatening to do so... But do it soon, because it will cost you out the ass if you wait too long...

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what could go wrong?

absolute brilliance!!!

38 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

aggy racism. Found this in twitter archives. Dumb bitch deleted her Facebook afterwards. 

A&M is first and foremost about culture, not education. We laugh about "aggy culture" because we know it well. Even better than most aggys.

Until and unless the people of Texas start raising expectations on the state's trade school, the aggys will never reform. "aggy culture" will never be reformed as long as aggys continue to cherish their fake versions of school history. They need to admit how the racist forces that established their school continue to dominate its culture today.

Yes, A&M was established mostly by former Confederate officers who remained virulently racist until their dying days. The racist garbage of A&M faculty and administrators at the on-campus memorial service for Jefferson Davis are eye-opening. And disgusting.

Yes, Sul Ross was a virulent white supremacist. We know this from the clear words of his daughter.

Yes, the Klan was so ingrained into aggy culture that well into at least the 1920s the A&M athletics department would openly promote local Klan rallies over the PA system during A&M home football games. I have posted the accounts of this from contemporary newspapers.

Yes, racism remained such a problem on the A&M campus that in the immediate aftermath of Brown v Board, the A&M students held a referendum on campus that declared the school would never abide by the decision. Anyone doubting this need only to search aggy school paper archives.

And it was into this culture the current generation of aggy senior leadership was indoctrinated into "aggy culture" which demanded strict adherence to the existing culture.

Robert Gates attempted to speak to the problem in 2006.

That current students are adhering to long-established "aggy culture" should surprise no one.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

gates unfinished racism a&M.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gaffords said:

But not only did he have a championship in the bag, it was known he would never be nominated for Upstanding Coach of the Year. There was talk and rumors of shit going on, with some of it being very Bayloresque of FSU's own forums when Winston was still there.

New York Times on FSU and Tallahassee PD. (Quoted on Deadspin)

The Times detail nine cases over the past two years where FSU football players have been shown favorable treatment by the police. The most well-known is the alleged rape of a then-FSU freshman by Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Jameis Winston, that went uninvestigated by police for months. It's the most serious of the alleged incidents, but it is far from the only one.

In November of 2012, there were at least three fracases involving FSU players and high-powered BB and pellet guns. In one, a red SUV cruised up a street near the FSU campus and essentially performed a BB gun drive-by. Bystanders were nailed by the projectiles, and frantically attempted to dive out of the way. The police eventually pulled over the SUV, and found it contained three FSU football players, as well as a hidden BB gun. What happened next would be repeated time after time in incidents involving FSU football players.

14 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Such can be said of a man who only speaks the Truth….

That almost to an individual aggys insist nothing of their history needs to be repudiated and to serve as a lesson of wrongful thinking is a strong indication of just how much of the wrongful thinking still permeates that culture.

Education is supposed to elevate a culture.

That they cannot bring themselves to repudiate those who espoused "the abomination of African citizenship," those who promoted the Klan during football games, those who adamantly rejected the principle that segregation was wrong, or who still today hold those values shows aggy culture has neither been educated or elevated.

And as everyone here knows, I could go on with many, many more examples of aggy culture that disgust decent people and should be both mocked and repudiated by all, including aggys.

But the spirit of Jim Crow, Sul Ross, and cultural ignorance still defines much of who they are.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

cash finger 3 by 5.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

New York Times on FSU and Tallahassee PD. (Quoted on Deadspin)

It had to be bad when FSU fans are talking about this shit as FSU was in hunt of the repeat.  Unlike OU "fuck Riley" after the fact.  FSU fans were perfectly fine with aggy poaching their coach...

Well it's definitely now or never time for Jimbo to start producing.  7 of the last 10 #1 classes  have won or played for a National championship by the end of, or during their 4 year cycle. But I have a feeling Jimbo has 2 years max to do it in. A playoff spot, or SEC championship appearance is likely enough to buy him more time.

It will be interesting to track the greatest class evar!!!! for the next four years.  Since 2000, the #1 classes have done well overall, but there have been some lemons...  Our #1 went 46-5.  NDs #1 class went 29-22.

I have a feeling this aggy class will be decent, but not sniff a National Title game or even the playoffs. Not because I'm being bias, (maybe a little) but because too many things have changed and work against aggy. Plus there are still the usual issues aggy must get past. .

Jimbo is still an average coach running an outdated offense. Not to mention he is a slimy, shit pile of a human and if aggy 8-4s once again, he will likely bail seasons end, if a.decent opportunity presents itself.  He's been there long enough that the stench has got to be setting in on that program.  But then again, aggy is about as shitty.as it gets so shit stench doesn't bother them at all. In fact cheating, coverups, bribes, payoffs, payments all smell like sweet sweet winning to them.

Then there is the portal...  That changes the value of class rankings. Attrition of today's classes is 10x what they were a couple of years ago.  So it will be interesting to see how well aggy holds this class together.  Teams used the portal to counter strong classes with proven experience in key spots. In fact, several teams used the portal as an extension of recruiting and not just a gap filler.  Solid experienced players negates talented but untested ones in most situations on the field. So aggy expecting this class to dominate out of the gate is going to be another typical aggy year.

Then there is still the Alabama and now Georgia issue. It isn't like this aggy class is by far a cut above theirs, and those two programs have the depth aggy forgets it lacks.

So yeah, this class is poised to really make aggy tears rain.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

This is such an empty stat. Those #1 classes at Alabama, GA. and Clemson had surrounding single digit or at least top 10 recruiting classes. Agree with your analysis. 

I agree.  This tanking of how the #1 classes have done over their 4 year period is probably a better comparison.  If you take out Saban's recent 7 on the list, the win/loss numbers are interesting for most teams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/best-no-1-recruiting-classes-since-2000-alabama-usc-texas-florida-notre-dame/38f3l91oroxu18abtuexxp87k

Edited by Gaffords
  • Hook 'Em 1

I agree.  This tanking of how the #1 classes have done over their 4 year period is probably a better comparison.  If you take out Saban's recent 7 on the list, the win/loss numbers are interesting for most teams.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/best-no-1-recruiting-classes-since-2000-alabama-usc-texas-florida-notre-dame/38f3l91oroxu18abtuexxp87k
#1 class in the age of portal and NIL deals doesnt mean the same as it would before. aggy already went drunk Saudi Royal buying Jimbo from FSU and several recruiting classes, (this isnt the first) I can't wait to see how much they spend trying to keep this one together for more than a season. It will be glorious once again.
  • Like 1

These next few seasons will be glorious(for everyone except A&M). Jimbo will most likely piss of the AD like he did at FSU and I guarantee that most of those NIL recruits will hit the transfer portal when they're not the starter. aggy thinks that because they spent multi millions on a big time coach and recruits that they'll win a national championship or that one will fall into their lap. Just because you have a #1 class doesn't mean they all work well together or can be coached the right way. Here's to another 8-4

Edited by Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Texas Football =/= Texas Basketball

in the same way Texas Football =/= aggy football

If aggy football ever finishes 2nd in the SEC west, I’ll expect them to rush the field and crow about it for the next 80 years. It’s unlikely, but their turdition is sucking and cheating. They haven’t had any on-field success to celebrate in nearly 100 years.