Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

30 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Forbes - that's some world class financial research. 

Fuck Forbes. Do some homework assholes.

Get your Bachelors degree.  Get your Masters. Or get your PhD.  But most of all fuck aggy. 

Well, aggy, they take your school’s word for it when you claim to have the largest endowment of any public university. Of course that’s also a lie.

Bullshit math. How does it work?

• Like 1

• Replies 72.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, aggy, they take your school’s word for it when you claim to have the largest endowment of any public university. Of course that’s also a lie.

Bullshit math. How does it work?

This. You can't really blame publications for not fact checking. Most people do not expect institutions of higher learning to produce blatant lies about trivial shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Just a reminder that I’m 2014 Oklahoma State almost beat defending national champ FSU then went on to finish 6-6. An early season hiccup against an overmatched opponent is more about them playing poorly, not the other team being great.

But you didden have no Jimbo

Edited by Victor Lazlo

from Forbes: " The surge in contributions is the Texas A&M faithful's response to fundraising efforts started in 2014 to fund some major construction efforts: Kyle Field underwent a $485 million renovation that made it college football’s third-largest stadium, and another $68 million was put toward building new stadiums for softball and track and field. But as those projects are completed, the contribution revenue should ebb back toward normal levels. And if the team's on-field performance doesn't soon improve from the mediocre finishes of the last few years, then some of those other revenue streams may also begin to dry up.”

it's all on Jimbo

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

We have arrived at the pinnacle of the roller coaster. This was foretold. Enjoy it.

Nope.  Pinnacle this year is in a week and a half-ish.  After they beat ULM at home and are ranked, all the talk will turn to how they will go beat Bama and get Clemson in a rematch in the payoffs. 

Everyone thought Clemson would destroy aggy but, home game, Clemson fucking around with QB rotation, holding as a game plan, clempsoning.  Bama is going to beat them soundly.

SEC refs aren't going to let that shit fly against their cash cow and they won't be overlooking aggy because of the Clemson game.    38-14

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Nope.  Pinnacle this year is in a week and a half-ish.  After they beat ULM at home and are ranked, all the talk will turn to how they will go beat Bama and get Clemson in a rematch in the payoffs. 

Everyone thought Clemson would destroy aggy but, home game, Clemson fucking around with QB rotation, holding as a game plan, clempsoning.  Bama is going to beat them soundly.

SEC refs aren't going to let that shit fly against their cash cow and they won't be overlooking aggy because of the Clemson game.    38-14

I suppose the coaster does have a few more feet to climb. Unless of course aggy starts believing they are a top 5 team and they trip on their jizz jars against ULM. 

7 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5670368Besides the JFF miracle win, I can’t recall another time that they “almost beat bama “

But, yeah, this loss was probably their #2 all time SEC achievement. 

And the roller coaster keeps ascending. 

2013. Eventual national champion Alabama came to Kyle.  Johnny and the boys played the game of their lives. No one played them like that year. They just ran out of time taking it to the Tide, and came up just short 42-49. 

No one challenged the champ like JFF and Aggy. So basically they were national runners up. Put it on a shirt, start the parade. 

#2 maybe now 3? Moment in the SEC

Edited by ChickenSandwich

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

from Forbes: " The surge in contributions is the Texas A&M faithful's response to fundraising efforts started in 2014 to fund some major construction efforts: Kyle Field underwent a $485 million renovation that made it college football’s third-largest stadium, and another $68 million was put toward building new stadiums for softball and track and field. But as those projects are completed, the contribution revenue should ebb back toward normal levels. And if the team's on-field performance doesn't soon improve from the mediocre finishes of the last few years, then some of those other revenue streams may also begin to dry up.”

it's all on Jimbo

So I guess when Texas starts these projects under CDC's leadership(South endzone, FEC replacement, etc.), we will see a spike in revenues as well? Long as it doesn't look like a Kroger storefront, we cool.

Received group text from aggy co-workers( they know I am sports fanatic) about the incredible revenue aggy gets and how UT was a distant 2nd, blah, blah, blah...

I replied, "  All of that revenue, and y'all cannot even afford referees."

Crickets.

Maybe I won't get any more cult news blasts...

Anybody see the obligatory "Clemson" fan patting aggy on the backs for their overall game experience in College Station/Kyle Field yet? I was sent what a Clemson fan wrote on TigerNet.com and can't verify if that guy is a long-time poster there or if he recently registered suggesting an aggy in sheep's (oops) clothing. Have to believe there was a similar post on TexAggy.com, right?

• Like 1

Anybody see the obligatory "Clemson" fan patting aggy on the backs for their overall game experience in College Station/Kyle Field yet? I was sent what a Clemson fan wrote on TigerNet.com and can't verify if that guy is a long-time poster there or if he recently registered suggesting an aggy in sheep's (oops) clothing. Have to believe there was a similar post on TexAggy.com, right?

I saw it too. An aggy I know reposted it. Every game, like clock work, that story comes out.

That's got to be an aggy troll. It reads like aggy fan fiction right from the start. 

Spoiler

Lots and lots of takes on the game, "the fumble call", QB rotation, etc. Thought some might find my first experience in Aggie-land interesting.

I am a Widower as my wife of 20 years passed away a few years back at 44 years of age from Lung Cancer having never smoked a day in her life. That experience and raising my two kids solo these last few years, has really given me some perspective on what is important and not so important at least as far as my life is concerned. It also makes the concept of building memories very valuable to me, so when my 18 year old son approached me last week and suggested a memorable trip for his Senior Year in High School would be an A&M trip, I was all about it. We quickly convinced a Clemson classmate to join us and made plans for a long weekend road trip. We left Friday around noon and made it to Shrevport around 2:00AM Saturday morning. We got a decent sleep and headed to College Station the next morning arriving around 1:00. We parked on the outskirts of campus by the polo fields and headed down to the Dixie Chicken and then over towards the stadium for the afternoon before the game started. Several things were noteworthy.

1) There is a room I believe was called the "Flag Room". It was in the student center and had 4 or 5 large TVs and lots of sofas/chairs/floor space and there must have been 100-200 folks in Orange and Maroon watching the USC-UGA game and avoiding the mid-day heat outside. It was a great setup and the perfect way for us to watch the "other" important game that day. Lots of nice folks in there - even one gentleman and his wife who offered us their seats. We declined, but the sentiment was indicative of the treatment we would get the rest of the day. These folks are serious about being respectful and classy.

2) The parade before the game. Right before game time, we lined the streets around the stadium to watch the parade of the cadets make their way to Kyle Field. It was astounding how many there were! After the band marched through to lead the processional, the waves of cadets kept coming and coming and coming! It finally ended when the mounted cadets on their horses and the Howitzer for the game pulled by a mule team made their way down the street on the way to the stadium.

3) The stadium was very impressive! We were in the upper deck of the End Zone where Tee scored his touchdown across from where our band was located. If I did not know the capacity, I would have guessed it was even larger than 105,000. I guess it was the way it completely surrounded the field that made it look so much larger than I envisioned beforehand. With all of the stadium lights flashing, energized fans, the towels waving frantically, and no place for the noise to escape, it is easy to see how the players could get easily get distracted and intimidated. No doubt about it - it was rocking Saturday night! Even up by 15 points a couple of times, you could feel the crowds energy and knew the game wasn't out of reach. That thought obviously turned out to be prophetic.

4) Band - I'm not much of a band guy, but the size and precision of the band was something to see. From the upper deck where you could see the formations unfolding as the members marched in all sorts of directions, I thought for certain there would be collisions or errors in all of the coordinated movements. It was flawless with straight lines and changing shapes that must take incredible effort to organize and pull off. It was a great show and worth staying in my seat at halftime to witness it.

5) The Aggie War Hymn - I think that is what it was called at the start of the 4th quarter had the whole stadium energized and engaged. If you are an A&M person, I could see how that would put a lump in your throat each time that song was played. Even as a visitor it was easy to get into it.

6 - The Smoke ring from the Howitzer - Someone posted a picture of that earlier today. After one of the scores and firing the round, that smoke ring floating across the field was pretty cool.

7 Finally and most important the Aggie People.... There was an announcement before the game reminding the A&M fans about class and respect for your opponent. I was blown away at how universal this sentiment was taken to heart by everyone we encountered all day - I mean EVERYONE. We sat in the middle of an Aggie section. We had been elbow to elbow with folks decked out in Maroon all day. Even making our way down the crowded walkways from the upper deck after a tightly contested game with controversial calls that frustrated the home team, I did not hear a single derogatory word. Not one - literally all day. Closest we even came was a car that drove by us walking to the stadium and the students yelled something like "Gig-em Aggies" or something like that. I was stunned to be honest. Much more often we heard "Welcome to Aggie-land" or "Hope you have a safe drive home" and never a murmur of anything condescending or hostile. We all love college football and want our team to win. We all get fired up and heated up when things don't go our way. These folks get it though. Maybe it is just my personal history with tragedy these last few years, but these Aggie folks see things the right way with the right perspective. They fought hard and that stadium was as raucous as you can imagine, but when the game was over we had nothing but pats on the backs, handshakes and well wishes. I just had to write this post to tip my cap Aggie fans, students and Alumni. You may have come up a few points short on the scoreboard Saturday night, but you sure won me over. What a classy, classy bunch that I have nothing but respect and admiration for based on the experience we had last Saturday. I hope it won't be my last trip to A&M, and for those of you that make the trip over next year, I hope you experience the same level of Southern hospitality, respect and sportsmanship we received in spades Saturday evening. My son, my buddy and I had an absolute ball!

Best of luck the rest of the way Aggie friends. This is one guy from South Carolina who will be rooting for you along the way.

Blessings.
Chip 

Edited by Irwin F Fletcher
added aggy love post
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

That's got to be an aggy troll. It reads like aggy fan fiction right from the start. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lots and lots of takes on the game, "the fumble call", QB rotation, etc. Thought some might find my first experience in Aggie-land interesting.

I am a Widower as my wife of 20 years passed away a few years back at 44 years of age from Lung Cancer having never smoked a day in her life. That experience and raising my two kids solo these last few years, has really given me some perspective on what is important and not so important at least as far as my life is concerned. It also makes the concept of building memories very valuable to me, so when my 18 year old son approached me last week and suggested a memorable trip for his Senior Year in High School would be an A&M trip, I was all about it. We quickly convinced a Clemson classmate to join us and made plans for a long weekend road trip. We left Friday around noon and made it to Shrevport around 2:00AM Saturday morning. We got a decent sleep and headed to College Station the next morning arriving around 1:00. We parked on the outskirts of campus by the polo fields and headed down to the Dixie Chicken and then over towards the stadium for the afternoon before the game started. Several things were noteworthy.

1) There is a room I believe was called the "Flag Room". It was in the student center and had 4 or 5 large TVs and lots of sofas/chairs/floor space and there must have been 100-200 folks in Orange and Maroon watching the USC-UGA game and avoiding the mid-day heat outside. It was a great setup and the perfect way for us to watch the "other" important game that day. Lots of nice folks in there - even one gentleman and his wife who offered us their seats. We declined, but the sentiment was indicative of the treatment we would get the rest of the day. These folks are serious about being respectful and classy.

2) The parade before the game. Right before game time, we lined the streets around the stadium to watch the parade of the cadets make their way to Kyle Field. It was astounding how many there were! After the band marched through to lead the processional, the waves of cadets kept coming and coming and coming! It finally ended when the mounted cadets on their horses and the Howitzer for the game pulled by a mule team made their way down the street on the way to the stadium.

3) The stadium was very impressive! We were in the upper deck of the End Zone where Tee scored his touchdown across from where our band was located. If I did not know the capacity, I would have guessed it was even larger than 105,000. I guess it was the way it completely surrounded the field that made it look so much larger than I envisioned beforehand. With all of the stadium lights flashing, energized fans, the towels waving frantically, and no place for the noise to escape, it is easy to see how the players could get easily get distracted and intimidated. No doubt about it - it was rocking Saturday night! Even up by 15 points a couple of times, you could feel the crowds energy and knew the game wasn't out of reach. That thought obviously turned out to be prophetic.

4) Band - I'm not much of a band guy, but the size and precision of the band was something to see. From the upper deck where you could see the formations unfolding as the members marched in all sorts of directions, I thought for certain there would be collisions or errors in all of the coordinated movements. It was flawless with straight lines and changing shapes that must take incredible effort to organize and pull off. It was a great show and worth staying in my seat at halftime to witness it.

5) The Aggie War Hymn - I think that is what it was called at the start of the 4th quarter had the whole stadium energized and engaged. If you are an A&M person, I could see how that would put a lump in your throat each time that song was played. Even as a visitor it was easy to get into it.

6 - The Smoke ring from the Howitzer - Someone posted a picture of that earlier today. After one of the scores and firing the round, that smoke ring floating across the field was pretty cool.

7 Finally and most important the Aggie People.... There was an announcement before the game reminding the A&M fans about class and respect for your opponent. I was blown away at how universal this sentiment was taken to heart by everyone we encountered all day - I mean EVERYONE. We sat in the middle of an Aggie section. We had been elbow to elbow with folks decked out in Maroon all day. Even making our way down the crowded walkways from the upper deck after a tightly contested game with controversial calls that frustrated the home team, I did not hear a single derogatory word. Not one - literally all day. Closest we even came was a car that drove by us walking to the stadium and the students yelled something like "Gig-em Aggies" or something like that. I was stunned to be honest. Much more often we heard "Welcome to Aggie-land" or "Hope you have a safe drive home" and never a murmur of anything condescending or hostile. We all love college football and want our team to win. We all get fired up and heated up when things don't go our way. These folks get it though. Maybe it is just my personal history with tragedy these last few years, but these Aggie folks see things the right way with the right perspective. They fought hard and that stadium was as raucous as you can imagine, but when the game was over we had nothing but pats on the backs, handshakes and well wishes. I just had to write this post to tip my cap Aggie fans, students and Alumni. You may have come up a few points short on the scoreboard Saturday night, but you sure won me over. What a classy, classy bunch that I have nothing but respect and admiration for based on the experience we had last Saturday. I hope it won't be my last trip to A&M, and for those of you that make the trip over next year, I hope you experience the same level of Southern hospitality, respect and sportsmanship we received in spades Saturday evening. My son, my buddy and I had an absolute ball!

Best of luck the rest of the way Aggie friends. This is one guy from South Carolina who will be rooting for you along the way.

Blessings.
Chip 

Yeah aggy typed that and went through it and changed their "aggy words" to words what they think an outsider would call them. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

12 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Hide contents

Blessings.
Chip 

173-1280865362.jpg

Here's the texags thread first post:

I know alot of Clemson fans have articulated how much they appreciated Aggieland, so this may be redundant, but I haven't had a chance yet and wanted to say a quick thanks.

I asked this board weeks ago for advice about bars & restaurants, and was given great insights. We went to Corkscrew in Spring on the way from Houston Friday, and it was amazing. In CS we got to Chicken Oil Company, Carney's Pub, Dixie Chicken, Dry Bean (twice), Rough Draft (Three times), Duddley's Draw and Mad Hatters, plus a taco truck, Torchy.s, and Fuegos. Loved them all (we have a lower bar for great tacos than y'all).

I was extremely impressed by the number and quality of big smokers at the tailgates! 

Most of all, I just really appreciate the culture you all nurture. It was the same when I visited in 2004. The main thing that I value about the Clemson football experience (at home) is that it always renews my faith in this nation. There is so much anger, selfishness, self-pity, attacking others, and general awfulness going around, and then at Clemson on Saturdays I experience precisely the opposite. What I experienced at College Station was what I experience at Clemson, and it is comforting to know there is another set of Americans doing good work 1,000 miles to the west. Game recognizes game. 

I can't vouch for every single Tiger, but in general and as a collective, we honor our traditions, admire those who serve and sacrifice for this nation, welcome visitors to our community, and have a good go at fun & drinking while understanding how not to get sloppy and belligerent. You all clearly build your culture around the same core principles. I only regret that I will likely not get back to Aggieland again! Hopefully our ADs schedule another round. I'm 47, so the clock is ticking!

One answer among the "good bull"s:

I couldn't list all the reasons, but Clemson is part of the bedrock of college football. It's too bad you aren't in the SEC, you'd be a perfect fit. But the sport needs the ACC to be good too, so I guess it is better this way. Thanks for visiting!

Aggie bestows its highest honor: association with their betters. Sniff. I shed a tear.

Leave it up to aggy to write a piece about how everyone loves them, because they are so nice and welcoming. I've been to College station for a game and trust me when I tell you they are the worst fan base I've experienced. The hospitality doesn't extend to everyone, which means it's fake. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mchookem said:

omg. it's so over-the-top! 🤣 i can't believe they think people buy that.

I don't think they care if anyone else believes it. 

They love anything that feeds the echo chamber in which they live, and things that present aggy favorably are assumed true without question, and those that do not are assumed from sip sympathizers. 

I'm only kind of kidding. I think this is pretty close to how it works with a lot of aggy. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Reveal hidden contents

Blessings.
Chip 

Hilarious.

It has to have been written by an aggy. The lack of understanding what constitutes a proper noun, deserving of initial caps, the use of multi-syllabic words they don't understand he meaning of (processional),; highly impressed by the "Flag Room" but only "believes" he remembers the name; the "War Hymn." He "thinks that what it was called."

etc, etc, etc.

Sanctimonious, over-the-top, poor grammar, fawning idolatry. Pure bullshit. But highly entertaining.

My three favorite things about aggy football are Olin Buchanan's writing, these fake testimonials, and that aggy never wins truly important games but they always derive a moral victory.

They are an amazing culture. So far the Jimbo Fisher era at aggy is proving to be as glorious as I expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Apparently, they don't fling poop on all of their visiting fans.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Leave it up to aggy to write a piece about how everyone loves them, because they are so nice and welcoming. I've been to College station for a game and trust me when I tell you they are the worst fan base I've experienced. The hospitality doesn't extend to everyone, which means it's fake. 

I've been there for 3 Tech games.  never was mistreated, but it was like being a circus.  they do some totally stupid shit as a crowd.

Aggy relative, "You were impressed though, weren't you?"

me: "It left an indelible impression, yes."

Former Texas A&M football star accused of attacking 2 women inside restaurant

RESTAURANT-BEATING-VID.jpg

HOUSTON, Teas (KTRK) --

A 33-year-old man was charged with two counts of assault following a violent outburst at Houston's restaurant on Kirby during the Tuesday lunch hour.

Kerry Jerome Franks is accused of one count of assault and a count involving injury to an elderly person. According to police, that man is more than 65 years of age.

A woman who asked not be identified said she and a longtime friend were eating next to the bar when she saw the man slam his fist on the table he was sharing with another man.

"He made eye contact with my girlfriend and me and started walking toward us," she said. "I turned away to avoid him, and that's when I felt two, maybe three blows to the back of my head. When he finished, he turned to my friend, and that's when I saw stars."

She said her friend is legally blind in one eye, and their attacker hit her in her one good eye.

"People helped restrain him," she said. "One man had the guy's hands behind his back, and other customers were holding his legs until police arrived.

A business woman in a booth saw it happen, and turned on her cellphone camera, recording the conversation she said she had with the suspect.

"He was confused," she said.

"I'm not gonna let anybody hurt you. I just need you to do your part and calm down," she said on the recording.

"I will. Did I hit somebody?" he asked.

"Yes, you did, you hit two ladies," was the reply.

According to a family representative, Franks was a wide receiver for Texas A&M in the mid-2000s.

"He's a husband, and he and his wife have a baby daughter," the representative said. "He has some mental health issues. His father died recently, and he may have taken too much or too little of his medication."

Franks, she said, will be admitted to a mental health hospital for evaluation and treatment upon his release on bond.

9 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Former Texas A&M football star accused of attacking 2 women inside restaurant

RESTAURANT-BEATING-VID.jpg

HOUSTON, Teas (KTRK) --

A 33-year-old man was charged with two counts of assault following a violent outburst at Houston's restaurant on Kirby during the Tuesday lunch hour.

Kerry Jerome Franks is accused of one count of assault and a count involving injury to an elderly person. According to police, that man is more than 65 years of age.

A woman who asked not be identified said she and a longtime friend were eating next to the bar when she saw the man slam his fist on the table he was sharing with another man.

"He made eye contact with my girlfriend and me and started walking toward us," she said. "I turned away to avoid him, and that's when I felt two, maybe three blows to the back of my head. When he finished, he turned to my friend, and that's when I saw stars."

She said her friend is legally blind in one eye, and their attacker hit her in her one good eye.

"People helped restrain him," she said. "One man had the guy's hands behind his back, and other customers were holding his legs until police arrived.

A business woman in a booth saw it happen, and turned on her cellphone camera, recording the conversation she said she had with the suspect.

"He was confused," she said.

"I'm not gonna let anybody hurt you. I just need you to do your part and calm down," she said on the recording.

"I will. Did I hit somebody?" he asked.

"Yes, you did, you hit two ladies," was the reply.

According to a family representative, Franks was a wide receiver for Texas A&M in the mid-2000s.

"He's a husband, and he and his wife have a baby daughter," the representative said. "He has some mental health issues. His father died recently, and he may have taken too much or too little of his medication."

Franks, she said, will be admitted to a mental health hospital for evaluation and treatment upon his release on bond.

Holy shit. My wife and I were driving by there on Tuesday and saw 5-6 police cars in the parking lot with their lights flashing. We were wondering what it was.