• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Texas25 said:

aggy currently has a thread on texags talking about how their defense this year reminds them of the "Wrecking Crew" lol.

Texas Defense: 5.34 yards per play allowed

aggy defense: 5.88 yards per play allowed

If they are the "Wrecking Crew", is our defense the second coming of the '85 Bears?

Big dumpster fire has terrible offenses. 

Or something you dumbass.  

I can’t recall the last Texas Longhorn Team that “championed” a LOSS, and I go back to the early ‘70s, as a fan of the Burnt Orange!

No Top 5 OU, ranked Arkansas, and etc! The Sherill Era sucked while growing up, because they cheated while we sucked, but karma took care of that. During the down times, I never recall hearing that the Horns only lost to XYZ by ???? points!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas has never championed a loss.
I'm fine with championing losses and moral victories WHEN IT'S APPROPRIATE. I went to SMU and watched the Mustangs go 1-11 my first year on campus. Being at the homecoming game my senior year where we took undefeated UCF to the last minute at home brought me great joy (at least until I got arrested that night but that's a different story).
It's not like there isn't a place for that in the world - there is. Sometimes effort should be applauded. Just not when you are expected to play at the standard Texas is.
aggy's problem is that they expect to win, but when they don't, it's always glossed over and worked into some strange narrative that they're "rebuilding" or "better than their record" or "having a down year". 
This phenomenon happens in perpetuity and has become known as the "aggy rollercoaster".
They've taken it as far to use the shroud of history to bathe mediocre seasons in myth and legend, convincing people that a pretty good 3 loss aggy team (that couldn't beat Texas) in 1998 was somehow exemplar of college football at its finest and most poetic.
If aggy accepted their status in the pecking order I'm sure they could crack open a cold one and enjoy a nice 9-4 season with a decent bowl win. But that will never be good enough for them - despite the fact that they will never be better than that.
You're alpo, z? Jfc that explains so much. Btw it is NEVER APPROPRIATE to champion a loss and WHAT THE FUCK IS A "MORAL VICTORY"?

Fuck that shit.

Ps how many hookers did YOU kill while at alpo? Were you a member of alpo's shit band, a hundred spazz dorks and a whore? Fuck those tards and their cunt song pruneya. Need to give those shitbags the permanant death penalty.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I’m sitting in Chattanooga, TN right now about to eat an omelette and hopefully get a tiny bit of sleep before heading to Knoxville tomorrow for that debacle. Girlfriend is a Tennessee grad, and a game at Neyland Stadium is her belated birthday present to me. Not that I give fuck-one about either team, but once I see a game at Neyland, I will have completed my tour of all of my SEC opponents’ venues.
Not that what I just said has anything to do with aggy, but fuck them, because nobody gives a shit about them anyway.

My omelette just got here. I hope Ole Miss beats Aubs.

Bye bye

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

Neyland was aggy.

One year at aggie after a year of JUCO and before West Point.  Tennessee's stadium is named after him.

Therefore, aggie won MNCs in:  1914, 1916,1918, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1944,1945, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1951, 1967, 1975*, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2006, 2008

*Shared with Saigon U.

• Like 1

aggy currently has a thread on texags talking about how their defense this year reminds them of the "Wrecking Crew" lol.
Texas Defense: 5.34 yards per play allowed
aggy defense: 5.88 yards per play allowed
If they are the "Wrecking Crew", is our defense the second coming of the '85 Bears?
You don't use actual stats to back up a claim you stupid sip, and your shorthorns didn't have to play Bama..

here is a real mind fuck scenario for aggy

lets say that LSU manages to beat Bama, ND takes a bad loss before also losing to USC, Michigan beats PSU and loses to tOSU, and UCF takes a loss 

the playoff rankings going into the final weekend are:

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

tOSU (because "the committee") 11-1 loss to Purdue

Georgia (because "the committee" and SEC SEC SEC) 11-1 loss to LSU

Texas 11-1 loss to Maryland

so there is a guarantee that one of the 3 SEC SEC SEC teams gets knocked out because either LSU or Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG which would be a second loss for the loser in the CCG knocking them out

so the way it is set up LSU would play in the CCG and make the playoffs if they win out against Georgia and then Bama would be the #2 SEC SEC SEC team (because one loss Bama and SEC SEC SEC) and Clemson and tOSU would be the #3 and #4 teams and Texas would get fucked provided that Clemson and tOSU win their CCGs

if aggy was going into their last game against LSU would they still want to win the game knowing that beating LSU would hand LSU a second loss and knock them out of the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG and out of the playoffs (and two SEC SEC SEC teams out of the playoffs) and daddy Bama would play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG with the loser out of the playoffs and the winner in the playoffs......AND TEXAS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS with a Big 12 CCG win

or would aggy rather lose to LSU sending LSU to the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG against Georgia with a good chance that if LSU wins they and big daddy Bama will go to the playoffs along with Clemson and tOSU instead of the playoffs being Bama/Georgia, Clemson, tOSU, Texas

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

lets say that LSU manages to beat Bama, ND takes a bad loss before also losing to USC, Michigan beats PSU and loses to tOSU, and UCF takes a loss 

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

so there is a guarantee that one of the 3 SEC SEC SEC teams gets knocked out because either LSU or Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG which would be a second loss for the loser in the CCG knocking them out

so the way it is set up LSU would play in the CCG and make the playoffs if they win out against Georgia and then Bama would be the #2 SEC SEC SEC team (because one loss Bama and SEC SEC SEC) and Clemson and tOSU would be the #3 and #4 teams and Texas would get fucked provided that Clemson and tOSU win their CCGs

if aggy was going into their last game against LSU would they still want to win the game knowing that beating LSU would hand LSU a second loss and knock them out of the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG and out of the playoffs (and two SEC SEC SEC teams out of the playoffs) and daddy Bama would play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG with the loser out of the playoffs and the winner in the playoffs......AND TEXAS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS with a Big 12 CCG win

or would aggy rather lose to LSU sending LSU to the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG against Georgia with a good chance that if LSU wins they and big daddy Bama will go to the playoffs along with Clemson and tOSU instead of the playoffs being Bama/Georgia, Clemson, tOSU, Texas

Needs graphics. 

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

I just want to see the team continue to develop over the rest of the season. Let the rankings sort themselves out and deal with it. Texas still has some serious weakness that will probably cost the team a game or two. What I am wanting to see is wheththe team manages to develop to address those problems or if they are at their ceiling with the talent currently on the roster. Long term, it is much more important to get the 2019 recruiting class rounded out and to establish the program is solidly headed in the right direction. Get those two elements in place and we can start having serious expectations. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

Listening to texags radio, this is such a pickle to be in. They talk so much shit about how LSU is inferior to them (yet still get blown out every year by LSU), but their #1 objective every week is to talk about how Texas is the worst program of all time. 

Looch, Gabe, Olin, Brauny and the rest of the cucks there would absolutely lose their minds.

Explain to me again why this moral victory over Clemson still holds water.

Didn't a 17 point underdog Syracuse go into Death Valley, lead for most of the game, and Clemson came from behind last second to pull it out? Isn't that better than losing the entire game at home only to almost come back and tie it to go into OT?

34 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Listening to texags radio, this is such a pickle to be in. They talk so much shit about how LSU is inferior to them (yet still get blown out every year by LSU), but their #1 objective every week is to talk about how Texas is the worst program of all time. 

Wait...they talk about being superior to LSU? What? LSU, who they've never beaten as an SEC member? LSU who has been one of the 4-5 best programs in college football over the past 15 years? That LSU? 

You almost have to respect their complete disconnect from reality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Explain to me again why this moral victory over Clemson still holds water.

Didn't a 17 point underdog Syracuse go into Death Valley, lead for most of the game, and Clemson came from behind last second to pull it out? Isn't that better than losing the entire game at home only to almost come back and tie it to go into OT?

clemson pulls a clunker every year. syracuse last year. pittsburgh the year before. aggy this year. difference is those other teams beat clemson.

• Like 2