Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait...they talk about being superior to LSU? What? LSU, who they've never beaten as an SEC member? LSU who has been one of the 4-5 best programs in college football over the past 15 years? That LSU? 

You almost have to respect their complete disconnect from reality.

this is how aggy develops the construct of "rivalries"

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait...they talk about being superior to LSU? What? LSU, who they've never beaten as an SEC member? LSU who has been one of the 4-5 best programs in college football over the past 15 years? That LSU? 

You almost have to respect their complete disconnect from reality.

Yes because it's all about much better aggy has it in recruiting, Jimbo coaching circles around Ed O, etc. They really think they are just a piece or 2 away from being at Bama's level.

texags radio is so fun to listen to at work. It's one thing to read their ridiculous takes, but it's another to hear them extemporaneously spew their delusion. 

Damon Sayles: Running the table a legit possibility for Aggies

The bye week is officially over. It's time for Texas A&M to focus on another road victory.

That's what the casual fan is thinking. Members of the Aggie coaching staff and players never took the time off and never checked out physically or mentally. A 5-2 record and a three-game win streak simply isn't good enough. It's easy to see that this team wants more. Much more.

The next five games will tell us a lot. And as the Aggies get ready to return to the field Saturday on the road against Mississippi State, one question seems to pop up: Can this team led by Kellen Mond and Trayveon Williams and Jace Sternberger and Tyrel Dodson and Kingsley Keke and the rest of the standouts run the table?

A 10-2 record. Was this even conceived as doable by fans two months ago? An 8-4 record in Jimbo Fisher's first year was considered a successful season by some. But this Fisher-led football team has a legitimate shot of finishing the back half of the season 5-0 -- which would give the Aggies 10 victories and have them under consideration for a New Year's Six bowl primarily because of the two teams they lost to -- No. 1 Alabama and Clemson, who is expected to be No. 2 after Ohio State's loss.

It all starts with a win Saturday in Starkville. Mississippi State's offense looked very one-dimensional in a 19-3 loss to LSU. Quarterback Nick Fitzgerald rushed for 131 yards on 23 carries in the loss, but he'll face a Texas A&M front seven that has emerged as one of the nation's best. Additionally, Fitzgerald only completed 8 of 24 passes for 59 yards. He completed 12 passes total if you count the four interceptions thrown -- which could mean a big night for the Texas A&M secondary.

From there, Texas A&M hits the road to Auburn, where the Tigers found some of their mojo after beating Ole Miss, 31-16, in Oxford. Auburn fans are still wondering if its team can re-emerge as the team once ranked in the polls. The Tigers also are idle next week: What could that mean as they prepare for a Texas A&M hoping to be fresh off a big road win?

Texas A&M then closes the regular season with three home games. On Nov. 10, the Aggies face an Ole Miss team that can score points but can't seem to stop its opponents from scoring. Ole Miss has scored 45 or more points in five of eight games and 62 or more points three times this season -- yet they are 2-3 in SEC play primarily because of their lack of defensive effort.

Some fans are looking at the Nov. 17 matchup against UAB as a cake walk and a warmup for the following week for the Aggies. The Blazers, however, are far from a tomato can. The team is 6-1 on the year and fresh off beating a North Texas team that dominated Arkansas earlier in the year. UAB is a dangerous opponent that will play with nothing to lose, but with a healthy lineup -- and disciplined play in all three facets of the game -- Texas A&M should walk out of Kyle Field with a victory. Emphasis on "should."

And finally, there's Nov. 24: Texas A&M's regular-season finale will pit it against LSU. If the Aggies handle business, they will enter this game 9-2 and riding a seven-game win streak. Confidence will be high, but if we know Fisher and his staff, humility will be higher. A game like this could have one of the most electric atmospheres of the entire college football season because of the stakes. LSU, which is idle Saturday, has its own litmus test in two weeks against Alabama, and as a full unit, it looks like the one team in the SEC West that can truly give Alabama fits if clicking on all cylinders.

This game, however, will be much bigger for Texas A&M. Kevin Sumlin never beat LSU as the head coach. The Aggies have lost seven straight to the Tigers. Just imagine the feeling in Kyle Field if LSU takes the loss. In a huge SEC West game. In front of more than 100,000 fans. With Fisher -- and the $75 million contract -- as the new coach.

It wasn't long ago when a 10-2 record for Texas A&M sounded comical in conversation and looked unrealistic on paper. Now, it's an achievable goal for a team looking to not only silence its critics but also plant the seed for the future of Aggie football.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Damon Sayles: Running the table a legit possibility for Aggies

Hide contents

The bye week is officially over. It's time for Texas A&M to focus on another road victory.

That's what the casual fan is thinking. Members of the Aggie coaching staff and players never took the time off and never checked out physically or mentally. A 5-2 record and a three-game win streak simply isn't good enough. It's easy to see that this team wants more. Much more.

The next five games will tell us a lot. And as the Aggies get ready to return to the field Saturday on the road against Mississippi State, one question seems to pop up: Can this team led by Kellen Mond and Trayveon Williams and Jace Sternberger and Tyrel Dodson and Kingsley Keke and the rest of the standouts run the table?

A 10-2 record. Was this even conceived as doable by fans two months ago? An 8-4 record in Jimbo Fisher's first year was considered a successful season by some. But this Fisher-led football team has a legitimate shot of finishing the back half of the season 5-0 -- which would give the Aggies 10 victories and have them under consideration for a New Year's Six bowl primarily because of the two teams they lost to -- No. 1 Alabama and Clemson, who is expected to be No. 2 after Ohio State's loss.

It all starts with a win Saturday in Starkville. Mississippi State's offense looked very one-dimensional in a 19-3 loss to LSU. Quarterback Nick Fitzgerald rushed for 131 yards on 23 carries in the loss, but he'll face a Texas A&M front seven that has emerged as one of the nation's best. Additionally, Fitzgerald only completed 8 of 24 passes for 59 yards. He completed 12 passes total if you count the four interceptions thrown -- which could mean a big night for the Texas A&M secondary.

From there, Texas A&M hits the road to Auburn, where the Tigers found some of their mojo after beating Ole Miss, 31-16, in Oxford. Auburn fans are still wondering if its team can re-emerge as the team once ranked in the polls. The Tigers also are idle next week: What could that mean as they prepare for a Texas A&M hoping to be fresh off a big road win?

Texas A&M then closes the regular season with three home games. On Nov. 10, the Aggies face an Ole Miss team that can score points but can't seem to stop its opponents from scoring. Ole Miss has scored 45 or more points in five of eight games and 62 or more points three times this season -- yet they are 2-3 in SEC play primarily because of their lack of defensive effort.

Some fans are looking at the Nov. 17 matchup against UAB as a cake walk and a warmup for the following week for the Aggies. The Blazers, however, are far from a tomato can. The team is 6-1 on the year and fresh off beating a North Texas team that dominated Arkansas earlier in the year. UAB is a dangerous opponent that will play with nothing to lose, but with a healthy lineup -- and disciplined play in all three facets of the game -- Texas A&M should walk out of Kyle Field with a victory. Emphasis on "should."

And finally, there's Nov. 24: Texas A&M's regular-season finale will pit it against LSU. If the Aggies handle business, they will enter this game 9-2 and riding a seven-game win streak. Confidence will be high, but if we know Fisher and his staff, humility will be higher. A game like this could have one of the most electric atmospheres of the entire college football season because of the stakes. LSU, which is idle Saturday, has its own litmus test in two weeks against Alabama, and as a full unit, it looks like the one team in the SEC West that can truly give Alabama fits if clicking on all cylinders.

This game, however, will be much bigger for Texas A&M. Kevin Sumlin never beat LSU as the head coach. The Aggies have lost seven straight to the Tigers. Just imagine the feeling in Kyle Field if LSU takes the loss. In a huge SEC West game. In front of more than 100,000 fans. With Fisher -- and the $75 million contract -- as the new coach.

It wasn't long ago when a 10-2 record for Texas A&M sounded comical in conversation and looked unrealistic on paper. Now, it's an achievable goal for a team looking to not only silence its critics but also plant the seed for the future of Aggie football.

Illuminating article. "They could win this game, then they could win that game, then the next...."

18 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

“Just imagine the feeling in Kyle Field if LSU takes the loss. In a huge SEC West game. In front of more than 100,000 fans. With Fisher -- and the $75 million contract -- as the new coach.”

clickclickclick goes the furk train 

They’re really proud of those 100k fans....every damn article.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Hahahahaha "kind of wish we'd have pulled that Clemson game out".

Once again, the loss is better than the win. Morons.

He said it like, "i kind of wish I had bought the Expedition instead of the Explorer because our we're going to have another child"  As if aggies could decide the outcome and chose not to pull out the win.  Like the fact that Clemson was a better team was not the reason they did not pull out the win.

“A 10-2 record. Was this even conceived as doable by fans two months ago? .....But this Fisher-led football team has a legitimate shot of finishing the back half of the season 5-0 -- which would give the Aggies 10 victories and have them under consideration for a New Year's Six bowl primarily because of the two teams they lost to -- No. 1 Alabama and Clemson, who is expected to be No. 2 after Ohio State's loss.”
Really Damon, all because of the 2 teams they LOST to huh. Not wins but because of the losses.
Cant make this shit up

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

here is a real mind fuck scenario for aggy

lets say that LSU manages to beat Bama, ND takes a bad loss before also losing to USC, Michigan beats PSU and loses to tOSU, and UCF takes a loss 

the playoff rankings going into the final weekend are:

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

tOSU (because "the committee") 11-1 loss to Purdue

Georgia (because "the committee" and SEC SEC SEC) 11-1 loss to LSU

Texas 11-1 loss to Maryland

so there is a guarantee that one of the 3 SEC SEC SEC teams gets knocked out because either LSU or Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG which would be a second loss for the loser in the CCG knocking them out

so the way it is set up LSU would play in the CCG and make the playoffs if they win out against Georgia and then Bama would be the #2 SEC SEC SEC team (because one loss Bama and SEC SEC SEC) and Clemson and tOSU would be the #3 and #4 teams and Texas would get fucked provided that Clemson and tOSU win their CCGs

if aggy was going into their last game against LSU would they still want to win the game knowing that beating LSU would hand LSU a second loss and knock them out of the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG and out of the playoffs (and two SEC SEC SEC teams out of the playoffs) and daddy Bama would play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG with the loser out of the playoffs and the winner in the playoffs......AND TEXAS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS with a Big 12 CCG win

or would aggy rather lose to LSU sending LSU to the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG against Georgia with a good chance that if LSU wins they and big daddy Bama will go to the playoffs along with Clemson and tOSU instead of the playoffs being Bama/Georgia, Clemson, tOSU, Texas

How fucking stoned are you 

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Hahahahaha "kind of wish we'd have pulled that Clemson game out".

Once again, the loss is better than the win. Morons.

Fuck....   I knew i shoild have screen shot it last night...   They deleted the best part.  That thread was headed for greatness, possibly the greatest. 

Someone wanted to know how many points teams get for losses within the SEC..  

SEC more more points in the polls for wins. 

SEC get sympathy SEC on SEC violence points.

I can't say if it was a toll job or not, because honestly i can't tell when it comes to aggy. But it didn't matter because it felt like it was building towards something special.

I knew to shot it, but it was just getting started and i didn't want to jinx it... And i thought i would have more time.

I have a feeling this will be posted soon on texags:

As a 1st time visitor to aggy land this weekend from Alabama I noticed how warm and friendly the people are. They all said “howdy” to me, then invited me to a game of moon. I always thought moon was a domino game, but soon found out, it was the Corp just showing their asses to other Corp members. Afterwards, they took me to Kyle field for a practice. Not a football practice but how to sway back and forth in unison. Seems many have trouble accomplishing that but they are so friendly they didn’t mind when you rubbed against one of them.  And talk about great fans, you should see how they gladly showed you how to grab your nuts.  Then aggy took me to their athletic facility.  They had all of our championship trophy’s there along with Auburns, Florida’s and LSU’s.  Aggy didn’t want to be too boastful, but I did see their participation ribbons over in the closet with the mops and brooms.  They even counted their losses as wins!!!!  It’s a good feeling knowing that my children, if they don’t make it out of the 8th grade, will be available to be accepted to such a great place as this.   What a great place. Warm people, willing sheep, easy to get into as my sisters pants and a dog that runs the place. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

here is a real mind fuck scenario for aggy

lets say that LSU manages to beat Bama, ND takes a bad loss before also losing to USC, Michigan beats PSU and loses to tOSU, and UCF takes a loss 

the playoff rankings going into the final weekend are:

LSU 11-1 loss to Florida

Clemson 12-0

Bama 11-1 loss to LSU

tOSU (because "the committee") 11-1 loss to Purdue

Georgia (because "the committee" and SEC SEC SEC) 11-1 loss to LSU

Texas 11-1 loss to Maryland

so there is a guarantee that one of the 3 SEC SEC SEC teams gets knocked out because either LSU or Alabama will play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG which would be a second loss for the loser in the CCG knocking them out

so the way it is set up LSU would play in the CCG and make the playoffs if they win out against Georgia and then Bama would be the #2 SEC SEC SEC team (because one loss Bama and SEC SEC SEC) and Clemson and tOSU would be the #3 and #4 teams and Texas would get fucked provided that Clemson and tOSU win their CCGs

if aggy was going into their last game against LSU would they still want to win the game knowing that beating LSU would hand LSU a second loss and knock them out of the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG and out of the playoffs (and two SEC SEC SEC teams out of the playoffs) and daddy Bama would play Georgia in the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG with the loser out of the playoffs and the winner in the playoffs......AND TEXAS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS with a Big 12 CCG win

or would aggy rather lose to LSU sending LSU to the SEC SEC SEC CCG CCG CCG against Georgia with a good chance that if LSU wins they and big daddy Bama will go to the playoffs along with Clemson and tOSU instead of the playoffs being Bama/Georgia, Clemson, tOSU, Texas

aggy will whine that they should get the 4th spot since they are the only team in the country to lose to the top 1-2-3

27 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

aggy are 3 point dogs @ Miss State

Uhhh, I gotta say that's easy money fading Nick Fitzgerald.

Aggy gonna easily win. Nick Fitzgerald can’t pass. Aggy has 4 DT on their line. The ONLY thing they can do is stop the run. This will be the second team they have played with a QB who can’t complete a forward pass.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy gonna easily win. Nick Fitzgerald can’t pass. Aggy has 4 DT on their line. The ONLY thing they can do is stop the run. This will be the second team they have played with a QB who can’t complete a forward pass.

Yeah but I also think Miss. State DL man handles the marines unit and knocks Mond around for a couple of turnovers.

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The last time aggy was doing all this talk about playoffs and such 2 years ago remember who the next game was?  You guessed it, @ Miss. State and they got beat.  History repeats itself this weekend.

They think if they win out they are in the playoffs with 2 losses and a likely 3rd place SEC finish.

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, and everyone in the SEC thinks they get a participation ribbon for Alabama's success.

I'll say this much: back in the early 2000's when we couldn't beat OU to save our lives and OU was always in the MNC/FBS conversation, I NEVER once thought about rooting for them because it was good for the conference.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I'll say this much: back in the early 2000's when we couldn't beat OU to save our lives and OU was always in the MNC/FBS conversation, I NEVER once thought about rooting for them because it was good for the conference.

How does one even begin to root for OU. Like I try to think about it but there is a void. My mind usually just reverts back to the rain thread. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

What are those goofy bastards at azemunnem gonna do when the CFB landscape changes and the SEC (Alabama) starts its downward trend? Upward trajectories have a terminal point & ebbs and flows always happen.  The pandelerium will be allsome. 

They will start boasting “Look at all of Alabama’s accomplishments. When Jimbo came here, Bama was a lot better. Now we are just as good as Bama. Praise Jimbo! Whoop.”