• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

35 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Yeah, about that. A&M is defending fewer plays because it defends fewer possessions because it has fewer of its own offensive possessions. Last year, aggy scoring average was 33.4, good for #25. This year they clock in so far at 27.8, good for #61. So there is ball-hogging, and there is ball-slogging.

On 10/18/17, aggy was 5-2 with 5 remaining games including against MSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU. As of 10/18/18, aggy is 5-2 with 5 remaining games including against MSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU. SEC teams not named Bama are generally beatable, so aggy might stumble to a 9-3 record. But so far it is hard for me to see unequivocal evidence they are much better.

You are missing the most important difference.  THIS aggy team has the 2 best losses of the year.  Hell, they may be the 2 best losses of all time.  Jimbo effect!

In 2017 aggy opponent's scoring drives averaged 2:36.

So far in 2018, aggy opponent's scoring drives are averaging 1:53.

That's a 27.5% decrease in the average time it is taking their opponents to score.  Letting your opponent score quickly in order to inflate your time of possession sounds like a sure fire way to win more games.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Jimbo Fisher has jolted Texas A&M away from Kevin Sumlin’s up-tempo spread to a multifaceted, pro-style attack.

I've barely watched atm play this year but I'm pretty sure what they have is not a "multifaceted pro-style attack"

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

"There’s nothing revolutionary about this tactic. There isn’t supposed to be. If the other team doesn’t have the ball, they can’t score and if they can’t score, they can’t win. That’s kindergarten math by football standards."

2FE2D5161B1117223946958553088_1.3.1.mp4.

It was my understanding that there would be no kindergarten math.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

In 2017 aggy opponent's scoring drives averaged 2:36.

So far in 2018, aggy opponent's scoring drives are averaging 1:53.

That's a 27.5% decrease in the average time it is taking their opponents to score.  Letting your opponent score quickly in order to inflate your time of possession sounds like a sure fire way to win more games.

From the outside looking in, you can’t understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.

Jimbo effect slowing things up is good, but wait there’s more!
“As Fisher stocks the A&M roster with more of his type of recruits, it would benefit the Aggies to speed things up.”
Wait wut....

And the author loves reading got fan theories..? wtf is that?
Is it

MULEDICK!?!

20 hours ago, Machinator said:

Comedy from a true idiot.  The author's bio on football scoop says, in part: " Zach joined the staff in 2012...and has been attempting to improve Doug and Scott's writing ability ever since (to little avail) "  A guy who thinks the following is the proper usage of matriculate is attempting to improve others' writing skills. 

"But it’s about more than just how Fisher chooses to matriculate the ball down the field."

It's not surprising that his bio doesn't say where he matriculated.

28 minutes ago, Scholz said:

They’ve learned to levitate the roller coaster. Losses are good now.

It's like space. It's adirectional. From the outside it looks like it's going downhill, but from the inside who's to say that our collective experience of "down" isn't a fallacy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OregonHorn said:

Comedy from a true idiot.  The author's bio on football scoop says, in part: " Zach joined the staff in 2012...and has been attempting to improve Doug and Scott's writing ability ever since (to little avail) "  A guy who thinks the following is the proper usage of matriculate is attempting to improve others' writing skills. 

"But it’s about more than just how Fisher chooses to matriculate the ball down the field."

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's like space. It's adirectional. From the outside it looks like it's going downhill, but from the inside who's to say that our collective experience of "down" isn't a fallacy?

It’s only down if you don’t look up! #jimboeffect

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

It’s possible that the rollercoaster doesn’t drop this year. They are so proud of trying hard and coming up short like a member of the Lillipop Guild. It might take getting hulled out in the bowl game for that.

I think the #jimboeffect is that they have  become proud of winning the tallest midget contest.

How Kentucky beat an “overrated Florida” is still not understood. As I stated earlier - the UK QB couldn’t hit his teeth with toothpaste that night!!! Surprisingly Mond was just as atrocious, because that F’er went to OT - and it wasn’t because it was a “SEC Defensive struggle.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t recall the last Texas Longhorn Team that “championed” a LOSS, and I go back to the early ‘70s, as a fan of the Burnt Orange!

No Top 5 OU, ranked Arkansas, and etc! The Sherill Era sucked while growing up, because they cheated while we sucked, but karma took care of that. During the down times, I never recall hearing that the Horns only lost to XYZ by ???? points!!!

4 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

Hank Stram may not have been well schooled in grammar, but he was not an idiot and he won one of the most fun Super Bowl games of all time.   65 toss power trap! 

Edited by lemonandaturd

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

I can’t recall the last Texas Longhorn Team that “championed” a LOSS, and I go back to the early ‘70s, as a fan of the Burnt Orange!

No Top 5 OU, ranked Arkansas, and etc! The Sherill Era sucked while growing up, because they cheated while we sucked, but karma took care of that. During the down times, I never recall hearing that the Horns only lost to XYZ by ???? points!!!

I'm fine with championing losses and moral victories WHEN IT'S APPROPRIATE. I went to SMU and watched the Mustangs go 1-11 my first year on campus. Being at the homecoming game my senior year where we took undefeated UCF to the last minute at home brought me great joy (at least until I got arrested that night but that's a different story).

It's not like there isn't a place for that in the world - there is. Sometimes effort should be applauded. Just not when you are expected to play at the standard Texas is.

aggy's problem is that they expect to win, but when they don't, it's always glossed over and worked into some strange narrative that they're "rebuilding" or "better than their record" or "having a down year". 

This phenomenon happens in perpetuity and has become known as the "aggy rollercoaster".

They've taken it as far to use the shroud of history to bathe mediocre seasons in myth and legend, convincing people that a pretty good 3 loss aggy team (that couldn't beat Texas) in 1998 was somehow exemplar of college football at its finest and most poetic.

If aggy accepted their status in the pecking order I'm sure they could crack open a cold one and enjoy a nice 9-4 season with a decent bowl win. But that will never be good enough for them - despite the fact that they will never be better than that.

• Like 4

"MSU is no pushover. I expect a grinder of a game with an SEC score. The Bulldogs are a good team, make no mistake. Ags will probably be slight dogs on the road."
How many rankings points is fiinishing a game with an "SEC score" good for?

Like the Alabama Arkansas game that had more points than the texas ou game?

I'm sure the bama arkie game was high scoring because of awesome offensive game plans and texas ou was high scoring because of shitty bdf defenses.
  • Like 2

aggy currently has a thread on texags talking about how their defense this year reminds them of the "Wrecking Crew" lol.

Texas Defense: 5.34 yards per play allowed

aggy defense: 5.88 yards per play allowed

If they are the "Wrecking Crew", is our defense the second coming of the '85 Bears?

7 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

aggy currently has a thread on texags talking about how their defense this year reminds them of the "Wrecking Crew" lol.

Texas Defense: 5.34 yards per play allowed

aggy defense: 5.88 yards per play allowed

If they are the "Wrecking Crew", is our defense the second coming of the '85 Bears?

Lol you can't compare them. One plays in the Big 12, one plays in the SEC.

For example, aggy will not play Kyler Murray this season.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I wish we could play the QB from UK.

We'd be up 21 points before our offense even touched the field 

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I assume by "SEC score" he's referring to a game where both teams are so crappy that neither can score

Aggy scores whenever they want....., in the gloryhole 

Each one is good for gastric Jizzum capacity of 5 US gallons , so bring it on!

Edited by El Squared
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

What a dumb dildo.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Technically they played a better Kyler. Just not for 4 quarters...and the stats still don’t back up the narrative.