• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Oh, Jamaal Charles was the best player in college football the second half of 2007 (yeah, a lot better than Tebow)...his performances against Nebraska (200+ yeards in the 4th quarter) and Ok State (similar 4th quarter in big comeback) were the high points of 2007. Man I loved watching JC run. 

I still to this day never understood why Jamaal was so under appreciated by the national media during his time here. Definitely during that 2007 season. He was significantly better than Darren McFadden in my somewhat biased opinion. 

16 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

What is his job exactly? I thought he was their version of Ketchum.

I just comment on stuff when it is brought to my attention, I am not worked up by it.

Lip service.   A lot of lip service. 

But i think he fell hard for Johnny and has been extra bitter ever since he flopped.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yawn.. Aggies are 5-2.. look at how much better they are "this year"... Jimbo difference... etc...
They have started 5-2 every single year since 2011(except 2016 where they went 6-1)... yet somehow we are to believe this time is any different.... ok

Sumlin wasn't a bad coach. His one big fuck-up was not doing a better job of evaluating the character risks in the 2013 recruiting class. Coming off Manziel's Hesiman, he had an incredible amount of momentum, had 32 spots to fill and ended up having as many recruits serve time as gain meaningful playing time (literally).

That effectively set him back 30 scholarships, but other than that, he did as well as anyone could with the players he had.

The big problem Sumlin had is the same problem that Jimbo will struggle with - aggy (as does BYU) has a cultural problem that makes it difficult to attract top recruits from out of state. It is a HUGE warning sign for aggys that Jimbo isn't getting any quality recruits from Florida, where high school coaches know him well. One would think if many non-aggys were buying what Jimbo is selling, Jimbo would have more top recruits he had been recruiting follow him to College Station. But as Sumlin found out, top recruits really don't want to spend four years in College Station, Texas tolerating aggy dumbfuckery.

Jimbo will find it impossible to build a quality two-deep roster. Late in every season, injuries will take their toll and force Jimbo to either play athletes out of position, or play athletes who aren't all that skilled. As long as aggy carries its cultural baggage, they will be faced with a recruiting problem. In every major sport. And don't give me any crap about their ranking. Their current class doesn't have a QB and the LB haul is atrocious.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yawn.. Aggies are 5-2.. look at how much better they are "this year"... Jimbo difference... etc...
They have started 5-2 every single year since 2011(except 2016 where they went 6-1)... yet somehow we are to believe this time is any different.... ok

The difference is in the quality of their 2 losses.  Usually by this time they have lost to Bama and some mediocre team, but this year they have 2 quality losses.  That's the Jimbo effect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Only thing good about that 2007 season was the Holiday Bowl where Mack stopped playing the Scott Derry's of the world because they were upperclassmen and actually played the best players, beating the fuck out of Rudy Carpenter and sparking that great 2008 run. 

That one will always have a special place in heart as one of my favorite games because it was played the day after my son was born. He and I watched it together on the TV in my wife's hospital room, so it was our first Horns' game together. I mean, he mostly slept while I held him, but he's still a fan today. He says he wants to go to UT like his parents.

It was really nice that his first game was a complete ass beating, with Brian Orakpo nearly killing Carpenter on the field and the chants of "Ruuuuuuuuddyyy." Even Chris Jessie's dumb ass couldn't mess it up for us.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

That one will always have a special place in heart as one of my favorite games because it was played the day after my son was born. He and I watched it together on the TV in my wife's hospital room, so it was our first Horns' game together. I mean, he mostly slept while I held him, but he's still a fan today. He says he wants to go to UT like his parents.

It was really nice that his first game was a complete ass beating, with Brian Orakpo nearly killing Carpenter on the field and the chants of "Ruuuuuuuuddyyy." Even Chris Jessie's dumb ass couldn't mess it up for us.

holiday2.jpg?w=500

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I rooted for OU one time in the title game.

You seem like a decent guy but I can't let this stand. 

I'll root for their entire campus to win the lottery and all get laid in the same night before I root for them to win a national title. 

16 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I loved that he was the assistant who picked up the fake play sheet in the Mike Leach story. 

Chris Jessie just needs to stop picking things up if he's on the sidelines at Texas games. 

Well, it wasn't Chris Jesse, it was fucking Casey Horny. Sorry to step on your moment but the fact it was that shitbag and I had to see his name once again highlighted in association with this program gave me the opposite of a happy feeling. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Well, it wasn't Chris Jesse, it was fucking Casey Horny. Sorry to step on your moment but the fact it was that shitbag and I had to see his name once again highlighted in association with this program gave me the opposite of a happy feeling. 

Shit, you're right.  I remembered it was an infamous Texas assistant, but for a much worse reason. 

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy opening a -2.5 points against Miss St.  MSU  can’t throw the ball, like KY.  Hopefully, aggy can’t find the end zone .

Some of you fuckers are legitimately regarded at reading betting lines.  Aggy is +2.5; not -2.5.  MSU is favored in the game.

59 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think Aggy will beat Miss St. Their QB and offense is about as bad as Kentucky. Aggy will do enough to win. It will be another special ed slapfight. 

One thing Jimbo / Elko hasn't let happen (yet) that was a staple of Sumlin / Chief is the defense getting torched by big running plays where you see LBs and DBs get trucked like they are a middle school defense. They've been passed on like crazy sure, but their only two losses had two talented passing QBs. For their wins, the QB is usually a shitty passer. I think they beat MSU, but lose to Stidham & co. and get upset by Ole Miss at home. LSU has meh passing attack, but I think they will out talent aggy as they always do. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

UAB is 6-1 and is now RV in the AP. Their games before aggy are: at UTEP (0-7), UTSA (3-5), SOUTHERN MISS (3-3). They could easily be 9-1 and in the top 25 before the aggy game. 

aggy is 5-2 and #16 in the AP. Their games before UAB: at Mississippi State (4-3), at Auburn (5-3), OLE MISS (5-3). They could easily fall out of the rankings losing 2 out of the 3 (6-4). 

A ranked UAB "cupcake" beating a downward roller coaster unranked aggy team at home, right before the LSU game, would be fucking glorious. 

Either that or the Ags win and claim that UAB would slaughter every team in the bdf exxspecially tu.

45 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

One thing Jimbo / Elko hasn't let happen (yet) that was a staple of Sumlin / Chief is the defense getting torched by big running plays where you see LBs and DBs get trucked like they are a middle school defense. They've been passed on like crazy sure, but their only two losses had two talented passing QBs. For their wins, the QB is usually a shitty passer. I think they beat MSU, but lose to Stidham & co. and get upset by Ole Miss at home. LSU has meh passing attack, but I think they will out talent aggy as they always do. 

Next year. 3/4 of the DL are seniors and most likely Dotson declares so they'll be replacing 2/3 of the LBs. Of the front seven, Madubuike and Hines maybe the only ones returning next year. Wilson is also a senior.

Sumlin wasn't a bad coach. His one big fuck-up was not doing a better job of evaluating the character risks in the 2013 recruiting class. Coming off Manziel's Hesiman, he had an incredible amount of momentum, had 32 spots to fill and ended up having as many recruits serve time as gain meaningful playing time (literally).
That effectively set him back 30 scholarships, but other than that, he did as well as anyone could with the players he had.
The big problem Sumlin had is the same problem that Jimbo will struggle with - aggy (as does BYU) has a cultural problem that makes it difficult to attract top recruits from out of state. It is a HUGE warning sign for aggys that Jimbo isn't getting any quality recruits from Florida, where high school coaches know him well. One would think if many non-aggys were buying what Jimbo is selling, Jimbo would have more top recruits he had been recruiting follow him to College Station. But as Sumlin found out, top recruits really don't want to spend four years in College Station, Texas tolerating aggy dumbfuckery.
Jimbo will find it impossible to build a quality two-deep roster. Late in every season, injuries will take their toll and force Jimbo to either play athletes out of position, or play athletes who aren't all that skilled. As long as aggy carries its cultural baggage, they will be faced with a recruiting problem. In every major sport. And don't give me any crap about their ranking. Their current class doesn't have a QB and the LB haul is atrocious.

I understand that Jimbo is working with Publix to open a store in B/cs so that aggy atheleeets can have access to low cost/free seafood.
  • Like 1