• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

For Jimbo, aggy to tOSU would be a lateral move at best, anyway.

tOSU is absolutely a step up from aggy, I can think of over 40 places that are a step up.  As far as leaving, I can't see it.  Baggins absolutely whored himself this last go around, the pressure to win now at tOSU would be intense, while he has ZERO pressure at aggy because $75M guaranteed.  

The only way he leaves on his own accord is if he isn't actually broken and decides he want to win another MNC

Texas A&M Aggies
Trending: EVEN
What if the Aggies win out, LSU beats Alabama, then A&M beats the Tigers and finds a way into the SEC title game, in which they beat a one-loss Georgia or Florida? Even that might not earn a spot. But it could, which is reason enough to keep the Aggies alive with their losses to the two best teams nationally.

ESPN still thinks aggy has a chance at the playoffs. What's funny is the scenario above wouldn't even play out as described, because even if LSU beats Bama, and aggy beats LSU, Bama would still will only have one conference loss and have h2h over aggy. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25057373/eliminator-unbeaten-ucf-two-loss-texas-alive

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Does anyone really think Ohio St. would pay Jimbo $7.5M guaranteed over the next 9 years? I doubt he goes anywhere unless someone at least matches his current deal.  

Jimho’s child is treated for Fanconi in Texas.

reason 7,499,000 he ain’t going nowhere....

14 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Does anyone really think Ohio St. would pay Jimbo $7.5M guaranteed over the next 9 years? I doubt he goes anywhere unless someone at least matches his current deal.  

Even if they did it, no team would be dumb enough to have it all guaranteed. 

7 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Texas A&M Aggies
Trending: EVEN
What if the Aggies win out, LSU beats Alabama, then A&M beats the Tigers and finds a way into the SEC title game, in which they beat a one-loss Georgia or Florida? Even that might not earn a spot. But it could, which is reason enough to keep the Aggies alive with their losses to the two best teams nationally.

ESPN still thinks aggy has a chance at the playoffs. What's funny is the scenario above wouldn't even play out as described, because even if LSU beats Bama, and aggy beats LSU, Bama would still will only have one conference loss and have h2h over aggy. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25057373/eliminator-unbeaten-ucf-two-loss-texas-alive

But what would the tie breaker be in a 3 way tie between aggy, LSU and Bama?  They'd have a Texas, OU, Tech ala 08 on their hands.   Furk, nevermind, forgot about LSU's loss to Florida....derp

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

But what would the tie breaker be in a 3 way tie between aggy, LSU and Bama?  They'd have a Texas, OU, Tech ala 08 on their hands. 
If I recall, SEC does it the most logical way. You need to eliminate one of the teams. And they do it by eliminating the team who is lowest ranked. Then take the head to head winner of the 2 remaining teams. Which is how every conference should do it.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:
But what would the tie breaker be in a 3 way tie between aggy, LSU and Bama?  They'd have a Texas, OU, Tech ala 08 on their hands. 

If I recall, SEC does it the most logical way. You need to eliminate one of the teams. And they do it by eliminating the team who is lowest ranked. Then take the head to head winner of the 2 remaining teams. Which is how every conference should do it.

I think there is a Bama clause where Bama just wins no matter what.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

2. Three-Team Tie (or more): If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used [aka H2H]. 

A. Combined head to head record among the tied teams; 

B. Record of the tied teams within the division;

C. Head to head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place);

D. Overall Conference record against non divisional teams;

E. Combined record against all common non divisional teams;

F. Record against the common non divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through other common non divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and

G. Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents (Note: If two teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, then the two-team tiebreaker procedures apply. If four teams are tied, and three teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, the three-team tiebreaker procedures will be used beginning with 2.A.);

H. Coin flip of the tied teams with the team with the odd result being the representative (Example: If there are two teams with tails and one team with heads, the team with heads is the representative).

Edited by UTEX_ME

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

For Jimbo, aggy to tOSU would be a lateral move at best, anyway.

1 hour ago, TBGFL said:

Stranger things have happened. Aggy is a step down from Florida State but Jimbo did it anyway

43 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

tOSU is absolutely a step up from aggy, I can think of over 40 places that are a step up.  As far as leaving, I can't see it.  Baggins absolutely whored himself this last go around, the pressure to win now at tOSU would be intense, while he has ZERO pressure at aggy because $75M guaranteed.  

The only way he leaves on his own accord is if he isn't actually broken and decides he want to win another MNC

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fuck? In what world is Ohio St a lateral move from Aggy? That is a huge step up and it isn't even close.

C'mon people.  Aggy think they are the most desired coaching destination in the universe.  They've always said that their coaches wouldn't leave BCS for [wherever] because it was "a lateral move at best." 

"Jimbo woldn't ever become Pope.  The Vatican is a lateral move at best."

Edited by miguelito

26 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

What's funny is the scenario above wouldn't even play out as described, because even if LSU beats Bama, and aggy beats LSU, Bama would still will only have one conference loss and have h2h over aggy. 

So what you're saying is that ESPN knows how to generate a bunch of clicks to their site?

It's funny that he thinks any of those polls and stats mean a single fucking thing and that they will result in anything for his team. 
With November coming, he won't have pointless/useless stats to point to either.
What a miserable existence it is to wake up everyday an invest, basically, your entire life to rooting for a team that has never won shit in your lifetime and likely never will.

Lots of people root for teams that have never won shit. What’s pathetic is the time and effort they spend trying to prove to the rest of the country that they’re important.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I like the whole, “we already beat OU, we already beat WV” as if they beat them one year, they’re good forever. Logic of pure idiocy and ignorance.

It’s cause they can’t have scoreboard against the team they actually care about, so they want to try for everybody else

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Someone claimed the first play the aggys ever ran on offense in their first game ever (October 20, 1894 against UT) was a fumble that was recovered by Texas and returned for a touchdown. I haven't been able to confirm that, but I can confirm in that first ever aggy game, their team simply quit at halftime and asked that the second half be called off. 

Source: Dallas Morning News, October 21, 1894, p.12

a&m first football game

And this sir, was aggy first quality loss. Whoop!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LW Goatman said:

This picture is a pretty damn good representation. Meet "reb" from texags:

aggieinline.png

• I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happenin' at the same time. I miss you Jenny.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Treefidy said:

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fuck? In what world is Ohio St a lateral move from Aggy? That is a huge step up and it isn't even close.

foghorn-leghorn-meme-generator-its-a-jok

6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Someone claimed the first play the aggys ever ran on offense in their first game ever (October 20, 1894 against UT) was a fumble that was recovered by Texas and returned for a touchdown. I haven't been able to confirm that, but I can confirm in that first ever aggy game, their team simply quit at halftime and asked that the second half be called off. 

Source: Dallas Morning News, October 21, 1894, p.12

a&m first football game

This needs to go on aggypedia.com

• Like 1