• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

27 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Dang, only down 19? Great job, Ags!

So aggy how the narrative has shifted to this being the year they "almost beat Clemson" and "hung tougher than anyone with Bama"

Tua was showered, dressed and boarding the flight back to Tuscaloosa early in the 4th quarter, but they "hung tough"

Edited by Lou Loomis

21 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I can't believe this is real. This tops them reinventing the train 200 years later. 

I always thought it was a decent school academically but this seriously has me questioning their accreditation. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I can't believe this is real. This tops them reinventing the train 200 years later. 

I always thought it was a decent school academically but this seriously has me questioning their accreditation. 

I was about to post the same. I read the entire article and thought for sure this has to be BS but Bockris' wiki shows the same controversies. Fan-frikin-tastic. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy's latest great breakthrough in science is supposedly a way to convert the world's food supply to be based on cotton seed flour.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If my alma matter did anything remotely like any of this shit I'd have to start lying about where I went to school. (and yes I know about the death penalty - we refer to it as the glory days).

aggys love to cite the research spending of their university. That number was manipulated by John Sharp to inflate it purely for optics. He has never been shy about that. https://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-system-chancellor-john-sharp-proposes-transfer-of/article_30d74465-5311-5e93-9210-a23e9bb6b37f.html

As for what aggy actually produces from their research efforts, google " patents granted by university."

Here is a chart in pdf. http://www.academyofinventors.com/pdf/top-100-universities-2016.pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

As for what aggy actually produces from their research efforts, google " patents granted by university."

66 UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA / UAB RESEARCH FOUNDATION.................................................................38

68 WILLIAM MARSH RICE UNIVERSITY .......................37

69 NATIONAL CHENG KUNG UNIVERSITY...................36

69 THE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO.......................................36

69 UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY RESEARCH FOUNDATION / UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY...........36

72 DREXEL UNIVERSITY ...................................................35

72 INDUSTRY-UNIVERSITY COOPERATION FOUNDATION HANYANG UNIVERSITY....................35

72 KYOTO UNIVERSITY .....................................................35

72 TEXAS A AND M UNIVERSITY...................................35

Another quality loss for aggy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Here is a chart in pdf. http://www.academyofinventors.com/pdf/top-100-universities-2016.pdf

I haven't talked to her in a few years, so I don't know whether this is still true or not, but the staff member who was most responsible (as of 2015 or so) for intellectual property paperwork in the engineering department was only a part-timer. Which makes sense, when you think about the quantity of work involved.

24 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Texas at #8 with 162...

That was 2016. Here are the 2017 numbers: http://www.academyofinventors.org/pdf/top-100-universities-2017.pdf

While UT bounces around the top 10 globally, A&M "traditionally" trails such global research powerhouses as U of H, Iowa State., and Univ of Central Florida.