Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, SDG said:

Someone should remind Klien777 that wikipedia is not an actual source and shouldn't be sited as such.  

Actual endowments according to the government.  

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=73

I find it interesting aggy never explain where all their supposed wealth is actually being invested or even accounted for. It supposedly exists, but they can never explain who the investment manager is or why the money never show up on any financial report they can point to. Every financial report shows their actual endowment numbers to be roughly $400 million, which is what they are. The ag alumni simply have never donated to create any endowment to speak of.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

I find it interesting aggy never explain where all their supposed wealth is actually being invested or even accounted for. It supposedly exists, but they can never explain who the investment manager is or why the money never show up on any financial report they can point to. Every financial report shows their actual endowment numbers to be roughly $400 million, which is what they are. The ag alumni simply have never donated to create any endowment to speak of.

Well for starters the US news report quoted by aggy multiple times clearly states the numbers are self reported by the institutions so some sid probably looked at wiki and used those numbers.

37 minutes ago, SDG said:

Well for starters the US news report quoted by aggy multiple times clearly states the numbers are self reported by the institutions so some sid probably looked at wiki and used those numbers.

The numbers absolutely are self reported. 

Here is a shot of the A&M System's net financial position as of FY-end 2018. If the ags had the endowment assets they claim, they would be reported here as NonExpendable assets. You can see for yourself the actual endowment assets the A&M system has. 

Also, the ags claim 1/3 of the PUF as being the endowment of TAMU-College Station, Art 7 Sec 18 of the state constitutions mandates the beneficiaries of the A&M AUF distribution as A&M College Station, Prairie View, TAMU Galveston, Texas Forest Service, Texas Transportation Institute, texas Ag Experiment Station (and a few other state agencies under the aggy umbrella)

Notice that even though Regents Rule 80303 mandates roughly half of the UT System AUF distribution (an amount roughly equal to the distribution of the entire A&M System) goes to UT Austin, UT Austin claims no PUF assets as the school's endowment. 

14ijqrt.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The numbers absolutely are self reported. 

Their bullshit is easy to spot.  As entertaining as that thread is though I'm noting to waist my time registering and pointing it out.  You're doing gods work RD.   

Edited by SDG

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

Their bullshit is easy to spot.  As entertaining as that thread is though I'm noting to waist my time registering and pointing it out.  You're dong gods work RD.   

I find the depths of their cultural dishonesty to be fascinating. What is sad is that an institution of higher education perpetuates so much ignorance concerning the history of the state of Texas in general, and about their institution in particular. They are purposely deepening the ignorance of their alumni.

8 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I find the depths of their cultural dishonesty to be fascinating. What is sad is that an institution of higher education perpetuates so much ignorance concerning the history of the state of Texas in general, and about their institution in particular. They are purposely deepening the ignorance of their alumni.

If you had their history, you'd lie and emblish it too!  It just sucks to be aggy.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They banned me on secrant for upsetting aggys with facts, so I'm not posting over there any more, but I did see that and had to laugh.

It is sad that people with that level of ignorance are granted degrees from a major public university in Texas. As I have often said, the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

As an institution, they fail their students in so many way. They don't teach the importance of gathering facts, analyzing information, or critical thinking. They insist A&M was never a branch of UT, but completely fail to explain how A&M College got access to the PUF, if not a branch of UT. Tech was a university almost 40 years before A&M became a university. Why would an unaffiliated college get access to the University's endowment when a public university was not allowed access? aggys can't explain that because thy don't have he education to understand the importance of the question.

As for the rest of that post, we all know that individual is more concerned with his low self-esteem issues than in understanding Texas history as it pertains to higher education.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

They banned me on secrant for upsetting aggys with facts, so I'm not posting over there any more, but I did see that and had to laugh.

It is sad that people with that level of ignorance are granted degrees from a major public university in Texas. As I have often said, the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

As an institution, they fail their students in so many way. They don't teach the importance of gathering facts, analyzing information, or critical thinking. They insist A&M was never a branch of UT, but completely fail to explain how A&M College got access to the PUF, if not a branch of UT. Tech was a university almost 40 years before A&M became a university. Why would an unaffiliated college get access to the University's endowment when a public university was not allowed access? aggys can't explain that because thy don't have he education to understand the importance of the question.

As for the rest of that post, we all know that individual is more concerned with his low self-esteem issues than in understanding Texas history as it pertains to higher education.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Hey, you want my log in info?  Come to think of it though, I've been having a blast over there today, referencing aggypedia.com every chance I have, so I'll probably be banned shortly myself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

"APHIS AG

11:57p, 12/27/18

And some people wanted A&M in the Texas Bowl against a 6-6 team.

Well, it would have been an easy win."

Baylor woulda scored 80 on aggy.

Vandy defense was averaging 419 yards / game. Baylor racked up 675. I think secsecsec defense is more a function of secsecsec offenses.

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 2