Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Same shit, different song. Who gives a fuck about recruiting? Did we ever create a hashtag when we were doing well in recruiting?
Do we ever have a passion for our conference?
aggy always wanting trophies for everything except actual football wins. 
They always conveniently forget what this entire fucking thing is about.
Wins. Championships. That’s it, nothing else.
Ahem stupid sip,

MULEDICK!

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

so you're showing that, yes they will? 

I think that if the fool aggy is a rough tuff real stuff aggy then without a doubt, name the price. Upside is, he'd only have to drive 3/4 of the way and could pocket all the money and the aggy would consider it a great success.

2 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

One of my best friends is aggy and he just asked me if I would drive 4hrs for his ring dunk celebration. I said no obviously, but he legit got all bent out of shape and how it was really important for him and for me to be there. 

I turned to him and said “I’m not driving 4hrs to watch ppl with ponchos on, chugging a pitcher of beer. It’s not worth my time.” 

Username and avatar check out.  

• Like 1

It's weird. I follow recruiting quite a bit.  I'd prefer the 247 #3 class over the #9 class.  That being said, there is absolutely no part of me that would be so excited that I'd post it all over social media.  To me, it would be akin to bragging about the point spread of a game.  "Hey look everybody!  Texas is favored by 6.5!  Y'all jealous and wish you were us?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It's weird. I follow recruiting quite a bit.  I'd prefer the 247 #3 class over the #9 class.  That being said, there is absolutely no part of me that would be so excited that I'd post it all over social media.  To me, it would be akin to bragging about the point spread of a game.  "Hey look everybody!  Texas is favored by 6.5!  Y'all jealous and wish you were us?"

Why would you prefer the #3 class over the #9 class? The goal of recruiting is to fill positions of need, not to “win” the signing day numbers contest. Where a class is ranked is not necessarily more important than the composition of the class. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Paladin said:

OK, I will cite ESPN - #3 A&M with 25 commits, #9 Teas with 23. Rankings based on quality as well as quantity of recruits.  Same goes for 247Sports rankings.

If numbers were the criteria, Texas would be behind Ole Miss (#20 on ESPN, #23 on 247Sports) who has 28 commits.

Would your opinion of Rivals be the same if the roles were reversed?

Registered yesterday.

Only two posts so far, both defending the strength of aggy's recruiting class, and specifically comparing it to ours. 

Great start.  Wonder where this is heading... 

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Why would you prefer the #3 class over the #9 class? The goal of recruiting is to fill positions of need, not to “win” the signing day numbers contest. Where a class is ranked is not necessarily more important than the composition of the class. 

I was speaking in generalities.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

13 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I remember one certain school's fanbase last year claiming "I'd take our #16 class over their #3 class any day of the week! WHOOP!"

On 12/21/2018 at 9:51 PM, Orange Marrow said:

This guy know his stuff. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/THENATUREBOY1/status/1074146696291061765

Who could forget Von tearing it up in the SEC?  Seems like it was just yesterday that he was terrorizing Bama and LSU....

Von was scared of the SEC. That's why he played for aggy in the Big 12. He wasn't SEC ready.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texaskimo said:

Do I even want to know what QAnon is?

No need to cloakroom up the thread. It's a conspiracy theory group about which there are ironic metaconspiracy theories. Sorta like the John Birch Society on a combination of meth, LSD, and steroids. You know, what aggy would do to politics.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Texaskimo said:

Do I even want to know what QAnon is?

Not really. Just know that it’s another cult.  Cults gonna attract cults.

This one just happens to like maroon.  And jizzing in jars.  And paying too much for the world’s biggest Kroger’s.  And wearing class rings decades after leaving school. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, happyhookem said:

I saw that post. Had to laugh. It is as if they are holding a competition to find who can lower the value of the A&M diploma the most. I have a gift for the ags I am working on. I have their federal regulatory financial filing and am going to tear through it to find the answer to a question I have. In 2015 they announced a $4B capital campaign they claim has raised $3B so far. The problem is that compared to the net assets of the A&M System prior to the capital campaign, net assets have fallen. How do you raise $3B and be worse off financially? I’m going to figure out what happened and then give the story to one of my financial markets reporter contacts (probably either Bloomberg or Forbes). Let’s start 2019 with some national exposure of aggy financial ineptitude. Whoop! 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No need to cloakroom up the thread. It's a conspiracy theory group about which there are ironic metaconspiracy theories. Sorta like the John Birch Society on a combination of meth, LSD, and steroids. You know, what aggy would do to politics.

That sounds like the new politics board.

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Is it ineptitude or outright fraud

I keep expecting them to buy Western Governors University by accident. Or design.  

That would take three billion and turn it into less. 

And it would be both ineptitude and borderline fraud  

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 12/21/2018 at 7:19 PM, DoneWithit said:

One of my best friends is aggy and he just asked me if I would drive 4hrs for his ring dunk celebration. I said no obviously, but he legit got all bent out of shape and how it was really important for him and for me to be there. 

I turned to him and said “I’m not driving 4hrs to watch ppl with ponchos on, chugging a pitcher of beer. It’s not worth my time.” 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:36 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

tell his aggy ass that if he paid for the gas, a room at the embassy suites in college station , $75/day per diem, and $300/hr travel time and time at "ceremony" that you might consider it. if it's that important to him, he'd pay for your time.

First of all, "best friend"?  You need a new circle of friends and perhaps some therapy.

Secondly, there is no amount of money that's worth enduring that world class regardation.

18 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

You stupid sip, I've already explained to you and have researched everything. Did you not see my wiki articles I provided? / aggy klien777 probably

On 10/14/2018 at 12:37 AM, TexLonghorn said:

The only explanation is aggy.

They made it right, I guess, some years later with some ultra-fine print:

12:09:26-Kyle_Field_Facade.jpg

So then, obviously, they are conference champions of the south division.  From the inside, that's the explanation, from the outside, aggy is sad attention-whore.

Then why did they not play in the CCG?  

On 10/13/2018 at 11:37 PM, TexLonghorn said:

The only explanation is aggy.

They made it right, I guess, some years later with some ultra-fine print:

12:09:26-Kyle_Field_Facade.jpg

So then, obviously, they are conference champions of the south division.  From the inside, that's the explanation, from the outside, aggy is sad attention-whore.

Imagine being that pathetic. Goddamn. That’s like looking down and seeing a 1 inch penis and an empty ballsack between your legs. 

So Klein777’s entire arguement was the Aggy system schools aren’t worth shit (he’s not wrong) and they purposely allocate everything to CS?   I don’t have the time to look it up but seems someone would be able to call their bullshit a lot better than “smart poster” or whoever was back and forth with him on rant.   Reading that was pretty sad how many of their SEC brethren just take what they say for truth, even tho they don’t gaf about aggy. Just “ok whatever, move along”.  I mean, a new stadium and a high dollar coach and they are rich now?  Fucking Buzbee seems to be their most notable booster and he’s been rich for what, 15 years? 

3 hours ago, SDG said:

Someone should remind Klien777 that wikipedia is not an actual source and shouldn't be sited as such.  

Actual endowments according to the government.  

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=73

@Randolph Duke can you interpret these numbers? Say Klan777 was right and that $9B-$10B was all aggy, wouldn’t UT’s extrapolated $11B (45%) of the system endowment still be more?

31 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So Klein777’s entire arguement was the Aggy system schools aren’t worth shit (he’s not wrong) and they purposely allocate everything to CS?   I don’t have the time to look it up but seems someone would be able to call their bullshit a lot better than “smart poster” or whoever was back and forth with him on rant.   Reading that was pretty sad how many of their SEC brethren just take what they say for truth, even tho they don’t gaf about aggy. Just “ok whatever, move along”.  I mean, a new stadium and a high dollar coach and they are rich now?  Fucking Buzbee seems to be their most notable booster and he’s been rich for what, 15 years? 

Aggies are like any suburban neighbor in 2006 who mortgaged every penny out of the house to buy a boat and escalade with no regard for the future or their ability to actually pay it all back.